Alliance Cup Thread/RP Thread

njndirish

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me gets popcorn :popcorn:

Transvaal vs. Tritonia

SYKTYVKAR - Uralican football fans would have had every excuse to give up on the FIFOB Alliance Cup after their heartbreaking loss to Transvaal in the semifinals. But that just wasn't going to happen.

Instead, they are crowding around the television in droves to watch the team that defeated them, Transvaal, play against Tritonia, who were ranked first in FIFOB coming into the tournament. Although there is respect for Tritonia, most Uralicans would prefer to see Transvaal win. There are three major reasons for this - the mutual respect between the two nations' teams, the support of the Uralican football program from Transvaal, and the fact that the two nations' alliances, TOOL and IRON, are close allies.

It is expected that the TOOL nation will erupt in celebration should Transvaal win.

“Incredible” was all that Manager Bartnel Botha could say after the Springboks pulled out all the stops in their last minute comeback to take home the Alliance Cup title in extra time.

The Springboks looked somewhat flat and tired for most of the game as half the squad had played earlier in the day in a Liga Mundo match.

Tritonia took the lead very early on and seemed to be on their way to cruising to the title until Charles Brennan nailed home a short header during a last gasp scramble in front of the net during injury time to send the match into extra time.

Then in the 118th minute, midfielder Matthias Rieger bagged the golden goal after Tritonia conceded a corner.

The Alliance Cup is only Transvaal’s second title in 25 tournaments and seasons, their only other silverware being the consolation UCFA Cup 4 won last March.

Many observers of the Transvaal football scene believe that 2009 is proving to be the Springboks year – as they look to be one of the four heavy favourites to win the Transvaal Cup commencing next month. The Alliance Cup win came the same day as their fourth Liga Mundo season ended with the ’Boks finishing with their highest placement to date - in fourth place in the Primera Liga.

Next up for Transvaal is the home and away Kak Cup versus Arcadia FC – although it is expected that most of the star players will sit out and rest up for the Transvaal Cup.

Edited by Botha

OOC: Bet anything RL-itis struck again.

IC: I might go back and do an unofficial alliance score tabulation myself, based on the scoring system outlined on the FIFOB site, just so we have an idea where each alliance stands.

IRON won, but barely over the NpO, the scores are unavailable due to I am away from home, so IRON wins and Transvaal wins the Alliance Cup. If IRON people will please contact me about the 1000 tech.

does anyone want to do a wiki for this, I not very good at wiki'ing :P

Edited by njndirish

does anyone want to do a wiki for this, I not very good at wiki'ing

I can set up a basic one (scores, tables) if no one else bothers to take it on.

Is this a repeat event? If so then the Wiki entry should probably called FIBOB Alliance Cup I or something like that so it is easier to integrate future tournament entries.

IRON won, but barely over the NpO, the scores are unavailable due to I am away from home, so IRON wins and Transvaal wins the Alliance Cup. If IRON people will please contact me about the 1000 tech.

does anyone want to do a wiki for this, I not very good at wiki'ing :P

Woot!

o/ IRON