Max Infrastructure?

cookieking

It greatly depends on your income. I suppose it's 20k, if you max out your income. I still earn money from infra at 15200; however maybe not by as much as land or tech would help.

The higher your per-citizen income, your population boosting resources/improvements/wonders, and your infrastructure upkeep reducing resources/improvements/wonders, the more infrastructure you can buy without it actually decreasing your income.

I'm at 17,300 infrastructure right now and technically I'm not at the peak - infrastructure will still make me money, but not much. A nation with fewer economic wonders or poorer resources would have a lower peak.

Does anyone know what the max infrastructure amount is that you can have that will give you more money than you pay bills for it?

It's probably insanely up there. Given that larger nations have wonders that reduce upkeep and infra cost, it'll be awhile before infra gets anywhere near non-cost effective.

yeah, i talked to oldest nation there is... he isn't there yet.

Just FYI...

The oldest nation in the game has a female ruler, I doubt you talked to her, and she has only 7.4k infra so she's nowhere near the peak.

Anyway the peak's there and it's not as high as you might think. The highest nation has about 22k infra with nearly topped out economic wonders, and what is generally considered the optimal resource set. I'm not sure if he could go much higher, but I do know that profitability drops steeply as you go up, and past a reasonably lower level, maybe 15k, it takes so long to make back your investment that infra is really about prestige not economic boosts.

Yea, I've got all those wonders, all I need are the military ones and I have them all. I believe I have the best resource set for my nation, seeing as I started with oil and wheat. I'm at 17,429, and I am starting to lose money.

I, too, was wondering, if infra actually lowers the amount of money I make a day. If you have a good resource set, improvements, etc. I think the peak would be very high.

Currently, I get $167.42 per citizen in taxes paid per day. The cost to maintain is infra is $1,200.83. 1 infra gives me ~12 people. 12*167.42=~2000-~1200=800 dollars more a day per 1 infra I buy.

If someone else could calculate how much 1 infra helps them per day, could they put the number up? Just wondering how 800 is comparitively. Thanks :D

Hope that helped a little.

Edited by Pikel

Just FYI...

The oldest nation in the game has a female ruler, I doubt you talked to her, and she has only 7.4k infra so she's nowhere near the peak.

Anyway the peak's there and it's not as high as you might think. The highest nation has about 22k infra with nearly topped out economic wonders, and what is generally considered the optimal resource set. I'm not sure if he could go much higher, but I do know that profitability drops steeply as you go up, and past a reasonably lower level, maybe 15k, it takes so long to make back your investment that infra is really about prestige not economic boosts.

i did, just didnt ask if she was guy or girl, sorry.

@pikel: im already confused :huh::D

I, too, was wondering, if infra actually lowers the amount of money I make a day. If you have a good resource set, improvements, etc. I think the peak would be very high.

Currently, I get $167.42 per citizen in taxes paid per day. The cost to maintain is infra is $1,200.83. 1 infra gives me ~12 people. 12*167.42=~2000-~1200=800 dollars more a day per 1 infra I buy.

If someone else could calculate how much 1 infra helps them per day, could they put the number up? Just wondering how 800 is comparitively. Thanks :D

I believe you are making less money now with the more infra you buy. As for max infra, it's different for everyone depending on wonders and trade sets. It's usually anywhere between 15k and 20k infra.

I believe you are making less money now with the more infra you buy. As for max infra, it's different for everyone depending on wonders and trade sets. It's usually anywhere between 15k and 20k infra.

I agree with Vladimir, you are making less money with every infrastructure point you buy. Your calculations left out an important variable. You forgot that the purchase of that infrastructure point also raises the upkeep on all your other infrastructure. Which is around 6 cents a point, or ~$1,286.94 based on your 21,449 of infrastructure. Meaning your 800 profit you thought you had is actually a $486.94 loss.

Alright, I've checked some and yes, I have reached my peak for my current nation. So I was thinking, why not lose the marble that I have, and replace it with something better such as gems, since I won't be buying anymore infra? Am I missing something here or would that be a good move? I am aware that I would lose construction, but that only lowers purchase cost so no harm there.

Thank you very much CR and Vlad. Wouldn't have noticed that part.

Time to stop buying infra a lot too late then.

But you have the most infrastructure in the game, which is quite an achievement in itself! (Plus you're one of only two nations above me who have no nukes...)

Alright, I've checked some and yes, I have reached my peak for my current nation. So I was thinking, why not lose the marble that I have, and replace it with something better such as gems, since I won't be buying anymore infra? Am I missing something here or would that be a good move? I am aware that I would lose construction, but that only lowers purchase cost so no harm there.

That's what I've done. I'm now focusing on land instead of infrastructure, so I dropped marble and aluminum for other resources.

My only concern is that my max will now become higher once I switch resources, because I am getting more money per person therefore more money per point of infra. So I am thinking that I should buy some now while I have the reducing resources, and it will be profitable once I get my trades. Does this sound good?

I agree with Vladimir, you are making less money with every infrastructure point you buy. Your calculations left out an important variable. You forgot that the purchase of that infrastructure point also raises the upkeep on all your other infrastructure. Which is around 6 cents a point, or ~$1,286.94 based on your 21,449 of infrastructure. Meaning your 800 profit you thought you had is actually a $486.94 loss.

Damn I never thought about that, if I knew you in RL I'd give you a high-five and buy you a milkshake