Deployment Bug? (CNTE)

tehol

For my CNTE nation, I had a "Max deploy w/o anarchy" of 933. I deployed that, clicked "view my nation" and was immediately in Anarchy.

I had not been attacked(while I was deploying, I had been the night before), and immediately before deploying I had purchased enough soldiers to make my citizens uncomfortable.

I, of course, may very well be wrong, but this seem like a bug to me. Unfortunately, I do not have a screen shot of the deployment screen I had. It hadn't occured to me at the time, as I wasn't expecting anything odd.

On a side note- this is my CN forum account (I don't have a CNTE forum account).

To make TE forum comments, should I have a TE forum account? There is nothing here that mentions that, so far as I can see.

The code for the deploy confirmation box is exactly the same for the back end processing so something must have changed with your nation between the time that you loaded the screen and performed the action. Are you sure there were no attacks of any kind?

I've had two people I know of report similar behaviour, one in Standard and one in TE... not actual anarchy, but they deployed the max number, and then had it say they coundn't attack as they had zero deployed soldiers, and they can't redeploy as it tells them they have already deployed today.

Kinda like they deployed and something forced the troops to return home to prevent anarchy, but both swear black and blue they were not attacked.

I thought it might be a rounding error or something (ie it might actually be 932.7 and deploying 933 makes bad things happen), or possibly global radiation updated, causing more citizens at home and forced the troops to return to cover the 20% spread... So have just told them in future to just never deploy that exact 'max deploy without anarchy' number, but round it down to the nearest 100.

Haven't had any issues since passing on that advice.

Edited by Jack Shepard

The code for the deploy confirmation box is exactly the same for the back end processing so something must have changed with your nation between the time that you loaded the screen and performed the action. Are you sure there were no attacks of any kind?

100% certain. It was literally -Log on, check attack messages (of which there was two), collect taxes, pay bills. Then I realise I forgot to check my soldier count, so I check my nation, (turns out I wasn't in anarchy YET) deploy max soldiers and tanks, check my nation, I'm in anarchy. No new messages of attacks.

When I deployed, it also seemed that the tanks didnt all deploy, or something funny like that. I didn't mention it because I'm not as sure of them- I pay less attention to tanks since they don't throw me into anarchy.

The only possible thing I think I might've overlooked is the step after I collected taxes and paid bills, maybe I had my nation open in another window, and saw it there, however I don't think so... I'm 85% today that I refreshed the page twice, to be sure.

Also, thanks for the advice Jack. I deployed one less than the max deploy today, and I didnt get an extended period of anarchy time.