How to form a new alliance

AHWhels

Don't. Join an alliance first. You need bigger nations and you need game and political experience.

Not always, depends how many friends,

< 15 Then Always join another Alliance first and learn your way around, make clear to the alliance that you are joining that you and your friends wish to learn the game before heading off on your own and understand what they expect from you in terms of length of service and repayment of any starting aid before you strike off

> 25 Then it is possible to start from scratch. Join one of the small teams Pink, Brown, avoid yellow, and talk to the Larger Alliances on those colours. They will only be to happy to help incorporate a bunch of new nations into trading rings, introduce them to tech trading and provide other help and advice, and in return will almost certainly offer protectorate status,

Edited by SynthFG

Oh yeah, if you are going to start an alliance, avoid making it small (which encourages tech raiders and rouges to attack), unless you are protected by a larger alliance. At the same time, avoid being protected by a frequent warring alliance, your alliance will get destroyed eventually if you seek protection from a frequent warring alliance.

Not always, depends how many friends,

< 15 Then Always join another Alliance first and learn your way around, make clear to the alliance that you are joining that you and your friends wish to learn the game before heading off on your own and understand what they expect from you in terms of length of service and repayment of any starting aid before you strike off

> 25 Then it is possible to start from scratch. Join one of the small teams Pink, Brown, avoid yellow, and talk to the Larger Alliances on those colours. They will only be to happy to help incorporate a bunch of new nations into trading rings, introduce them to tech trading and provide other help and advice, and in return will almost certainly offer protectorate status,

The part that I bolded, why avoid yellow? Is it because it doesn't have many large alliances?

i find it more useful to join a smaller alliance (between 25-75 members) because you usually learn more from their more friendly-ish atmosphere and also you could end up getting a leadership spot there so you wouldnt have to go through the phases of making forums, gathering members, creating the govt, setting up the forums, recruiting, then announcing. i tried to do that once without like anyone in my alliance and tried to recruit people and ended up getting nothing :P

Tip in joining allianes:

1. Join alliances that doesn't have a extremely long listing of wars, it may indicate that alliance is a warring alliance, or it is in a major alliances war currently.

2. Don't go for the big alliances only, look at the smaller alliances, most of them have more control and stability.

3. Don't join an alliance just for the money aid, research all of the alliances possible.

The part that I bolded, why avoid yellow? Is it because it doesn't have many large alliances?

More Because of the ongoing FAN issue, and the understandable automatic suspicion of any new yellow alliance consisting of new nations that they are FAN re-rolls,

More Because of the ongoing FAN issue, and the understandable automatic suspicion of any new yellow alliance consisting of new nations that they are FAN re-rolls,

Sorry for my ignorance, but could you please explain what is the FAN issue?

Sorry for my ignorance, but could you please explain what is the FAN issue?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but, The Federation of Armed Nations still consists of 90 yellow nations, mostly in peace mode,

Has not yet achieved peace in its conflict with NPO, and has in the past few months shown a willingness to infiltrate other yellow alliances.

The Point of my comment was that 30 or more new nations suddenly appearing on yellow could be seen as suspicious in some quarters, and any new alliance starting on yellow is going to have to be especially careful when it recruits.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but, The Federation of Armed Nations still consists of 90 yellow nations, mostly in peace mode,

Has not yet achieved peace in its conflict with NPO, and has in the past few months shown a willingness to infiltrate other yellow alliances.

The Point of my comment was that 30 or more new nations suddenly appearing on yellow could be seen as suspicious in some quarters, and any new alliance starting on yellow is going to have to be especially careful when it recruits.

Hm, I think I remember my alliance waging a war against the FAN alliance before I joined my alliance. Wait, couldn't the rerolled FAN members can join other color teams instead of the yellow team?

Oh yeah, I remembered being accused of being a rerolled member of the FAN by a random NPO member before (at that time, I had no idea that FAN alliance exists), and currently, my CN nation is over 80 days old.

Edited by HHAYD

All things being equal (and as a new alliance they would be) yellow is a color to avoid for exactly the reasons pointed out.

The most important thing in starting a new alliance if you are dead set on it is to talk to the leadership of established alliances and find one willing to protect you.

I would say you and your friends need to play the game for at least six months, perhaps each of you joining a different type of alliance (large, small, aggressive, peaceful, etc.). Learn the game and learn the politics. Get someone on your side who can do graphics and someone who can design and run a forum. Make contacts and friends so that your alliance can get a protectorate agreement when it starts.

Please have at least 20 nations before making an alliance. Even then, I really only like seeing new alliances if they're 40+ nations or so.

Actually, I prefer not to see new alliances period, I would love a super merge between all sub 40 nation alliances :P