New nations?

HMX

New nations formed by old disruptive players is really ruining the game. Old player that are not honest and most likely rogues and got ZIed. They form new nations to sell tech and scam people of their money. Then they make another nation and repeat.

This is really ruining the trust over the market. Today I got scammed out of 3m and 50 tech from a rogue. Now I don't really care about the money or the tech, Hell if you even ask me nicely I could have given it to needy nations. (I have over 10k infra so 3m is not that hard to come by ) But scamming just makes me want to trust people less and less.

Why should I participate in helping new nations to get a harbor? or Why should I send aids to newer nations to help because they got tech raided. They might be just another $@! that I want to crush before.

What are your thoughts on this?

Protip 1 -- nations in peace mode probably are trying to scam you.

Protip 2 -- nations who have been in that many alliances/teams probably are trying to scam you (check aid offers)

Protip 3 -- http://www.cybernations.net/all_sanctions_view.asp

Protip 4 -- find people who are reliable, aka you get referred to (don't be the 'first')

Protip 5 -- if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

Protip 2 -- nations who have been in that many alliances/teams probably are trying to scam you (check aid offers)

Protip 4 -- find people who are reliable, aka you get referred to (don't be the 'first')

Protip 6 -- See if the CN player is being attacked for scamming, or for being a rouge.

Protip 7 -- Check their chart statistics for any extremely sharp drop in NS in the past, which may indicate that CN player may have been curb stomped for being a rouge or for scamming.

I remember this one CN nation called, Soviet Union, scammed MCXA (MultiColored Cross-X alliance) out of $3 million in a tech deal. Not a smart move, eh? By the way, that scammer have deleted his or her CN nation, and I am not sure if he or she have created a new CN nation.

Another time, I got scammed when I payed for this one CN nation to trade with me, with monthly payment. However, the trader dropped the trade and ran off, and refusing to retrade or pay back the payment. As a result, I hired three other nations to ZI (zero infra) the scammer. The scammer at that time was attacking and refusing peace against three other unlucky CN nations. I sent war aid to those unlucky nations to further punish the scammer. At the end, the scammer was outnumbered, outgunned, out supplied, and was ZIed completely. The idiot later posted on his or her nation's BIO that said, "This game is too hard for me, bye bye to CN!".:awesome:

Oh yeah, I think a CN scam and rouge reporting forum should be created in the CN forum to warn other CN players of CN rouges and scammers.

Edited by HHAYD

Here are more tips:

Protip 8: Never EVER trade with your enemies, enemy alliances, or rouge alliances!

Protip 9: Check with your alliance if you are going to trade with a new nation or trader.

Protip 10: Check to see if a CN player that you are going to trade that is under any surrender terms. There is nothing worse that getting blasted and curbstomped by other alliance(s) for trading with a CN nation that is under any surrender terms.

Edited by HHAYD

Oh yeah, I think a CN scam and rouge reporting forum should be created in the CN forum to warn other CN players of CN rouges and scammers.

I second this idea.

I feel your pain, Lord Gen. I was scammed by the same nation a month ago, and he/she just keeps doing it to more and more nations. This kind of bull*@#! is making me care less and less about trying to find donations. In the end, I agree that it will hurt the game because it both takes away from the fun, and makes players less interested in funding donations to the game.

Ouch, I feel sorry for you.

Hey, I remember getting scammed in CN by this larger CN nation in a tech deal a long time ago, it wasn't fun because I couldn't punish the fool, and the scammer boasted that he can ZI my CN nation, if I wasn't in a good alliance.

Ironically, that fool got dog piled by three other stronger CN nations because the idiot scammed his enemies' alliance in a tech deal. Tthe idiot got destroyed, and then got attacked again because the idiot refused to surrender. At the end, the idiot's CN nation was send to the bottom of the nation's ranking, from the 20,000 NS to about 100 NS.:awesome:

(After being reminded to look at JJC JJC)

Protip 11: Ask yourself how a player with 35 days of play can have a 880+ Tech, 2800 Infrastructure, efficiency > 300, and only two active trades. (Insane growth rate instead of precipitous drops)

If any of the answers don't include the words "re-roll" or "rogue", maybe re-think dealing for a while.

(After being reminded to look at JJC JJC)

Protip 11: Ask yourself how a player with 35 days of play can have a 880+ Tech, 2800 Infrastructure, efficiency > 300, and only two active trades. (Insane growth rate instead of precipitous drops)

If any of the answers don't include the words "re-roll" or "rogue", maybe re-think dealing for a while.

You should change it to something more broad, like...

Protip 12: If you see a tech dealer with ultra insane growth, high efficiency rate, sharp increases in the growth chart, is young, is in peace mode, and has only a few tech trades going on; that is a big red flag size of your bed spread being flown in your face...

I can attest to that, especially when they scammed me out of my $3 million and 50 Tech. :angry:

A $20 Donation for a mere $6 million and 100 Tech? Too good to be true. Thank God someone warned me about that person (you know who I'm talking about. It begins with J and ends with JC JJC). :v:

Edited by JEDCJT

Darn it, why aren't those freaking rouges are learning their lessons, is it because they can run away and get a new ID as soon as they get crushed?

In real life, you scam people, you get caught. If you don't get caught, then you will be chased throughout the nation by the police, until you get caught or die.

New nations formed by old disruptive players is really ruining the game. Old player that are not honest and most likely rogues and got ZIed. They form new nations to sell tech and scam people of their money. Then they make another nation and repeat.

This is really ruining the trust over the market. Today I got scammed out of 3m and 50 tech from a rogue. Now I don't really care about the money or the tech, Hell if you even ask me nicely I could have given it to needy nations. (I have over 10k infra so 3m is not that hard to come by ) But scamming just makes me want to trust people less and less.

Why should I participate in helping new nations to get a harbor? or Why should I send aids to newer nations to help because they got tech raided. They might be just another $@! that I want to crush before.

What are your thoughts on this?

Only deal with nations that you can trust, either those in your alliance or those that have come with good recommendations. If you're so desperate for tech or donations to look outside these then you have to be prepared to get burned. It's a sad fact but the risk you take. Just learn from it and make sure that you get the smaller nations in your alliance to give them a good beating.

Edited by Kowalski