SDI question

Mirreille

I've been considering this one for a while. I'm not really sure what to think, as it does depend on your alliance and it's general situation. There is no guide for Wonders out there, like there are for improvements. Is there a "best time" to buy this wonder, compared to others?

It's hard to specify a time for military wonders.

I would buy it since nukes 'cause alot of damage, damage that is real heavy for larger nations.

edit: Just saw your nation, you bought alot of your wonders out of order. And you shouldn't buy SDI yet unless you think you have a good chance of getting nuked.

Internet comes before Great Monument. And Interstate is supposed to be one of your first three wonders.

Edited by thedestro

This really depends on the way you play your nation and the situation you and your alliance are in. For example, I don't have one yet, after 14 wonders - but I know people who have gotten it after 3-4.

Basically, if you see yourself ever getting into a nuclear war, get one. It'll be worth it.

It's hard to specify a time for military wonders.

I would buy it since nukes 'cause alot of damage, damage that is real heavy for larger nations.

edit: Just saw your nation, you bought alot of your wonders out of order. And you shouldn't buy SDI yet unless you think you have a good chance of getting nuked.

Internet comes before Great Monument. And Interstate is supposed to be one of your first three wonders.

Hmm. Thanks for the replies so far. In regards to the edit, I know the GM is not as good as the Internet, but my people were wanting Democracy for over 5 months now and I expected them to change on me, I was long over due. I've done the math myself and I don't think the Interstate is as valuable for me right now as the ones I bought after the SM and SSS. I'm not going to go into the details but I have my reasons. I'll defintely have it by the time I hit the next infra jump though.

Hmm. Thanks for the replies so far. In regards to the edit, I know the GM is not as good as the Internet, but my people were wanting Democracy for over 5 months now and I expected them to change on me, I was long over due. I've done the math myself and I don't think the Interstate is as valuable for me right now as the ones I bought after the SM and SSS. I'm not going to go into the details but I have my reasons. I'll defintely have it by the time I hit the next infra jump though.

Agreed on the interstate timing. as for the SDi question, whenever you feel like it keeping in mind it costs 75 million and if there is a war looming buying one right before it starts could deplete your saved money.

I suggest getting it as your 3rd or 4th Wonder. Because even if you aren't heading to war anytime soon, the moment you end up in a nuclear war (alliance-wide, or just a war) you will suffer immensely. I learned this before SDIs even existed. As well, if you have an SDI, you are much less likely to be attacked by a rogue as your SDI will eat up his nukes. SDIs are like insurance, they're expensive and you hope you never need to use them, but when you need them they are a live saver.

About 3 weeks ago.

Ooops! :(

Seriously though, I bought my first few wonders as you do: Social Security System, Stock Market, Interstate System, Great Temple, Great Monument.

Then I thought to myself, "Right I've got the main ones what should I get now?"

So I had a toss up between an SDI and the Internet, the Internet won and now I've been reduced to ashes via Nuclear Armageddon.

3 Weeks ago I chose the Internet over an SDI, and I regret that choice.

So I highly recommend picking up an SDI either 3rd or 4th, better to get one sooner rather than regret it later.

So I highly recommend picking up an SDI either 3rd or 4th, better to get one sooner rather than regret it later.

Agreed.

I chose to buy it late once, and ended up being nuked quite a few times as a result ;)

Guess what my next wonder was :P