Losing population when I buy soldiers

Statalyzer

Not your nation efficiency. Your Soldier Efficiency. That is the number behind the amount of soldiers you have on the nation view. That number depends on your national resources and improvements (sometimes even events).

I already said I did not hit the too many troops threshold.

Soldiers begin hurting your environment before impacting your happiness. The game tells you when you have so many that your happiness gets hit. It doesn't alert you when you have so many your environment takes a hit. Lowered environment lowers population count.

Not your nation efficiency. Your Soldier Efficiency. That is the number behind the amount of soldiers you have on the nation view. That number depends on your national resources and improvements (sometimes even events).

I know that. My soldier efficiency changes with the exact same percentage as my total soldiers does when I buy soldiers.

Soldiers begin hurting your environment before impacting your happiness.

I checked and my environment isn't changing. Someone messaged me and suggest that it's my total population density that's changing. My PD is 39.7 so maybe the soldiers are putting me over 40 density which is the problem - but I can't test that out right now b/c I can't dismiss soldiers again.

The OP is correct. Soldiers are factored into working citizen count, in a very minute fashion.

Admin hasn't released the equation, so I'm not going to, but your observation is correct. This change was implemented simultaneously with the new environmental impacts, so a lot of people confuse them as being the same thing.

(holy crap we had figured something out that Syzygy didn't know :P)

Edited by Janquel

According to the new charts, my soldiers make up less than 30% of my population total now. I was at , if I remember correctly, around 22% so I bought around 2000 soldiers. In doing so I lost 169 citizens. I was surprised this happened because I am still under 30%.

According to the new charts, my soldiers make up less than 30% of my population total now. I was at , if I remember correctly, around 22% so I bought around 2000 soldiers. In doing so I lost 169 citizens. I was surprised this happened because I am still under 30%.

Your soldier efficiency though probably went up enough to put you over the mark ;)