Possible bug in Population?

cdogzilla

I've upped my infra several times over the last few days to get my population above 35K, but it seems to get to 34,973, and then fall back to 33,069. I don't think my population should be going down ... haven't lost any trades or had any events or anything that I can see that would impact population. I think I'm at least 3k in population lower than I should be at the moment?

Theres been environment and radiation level spikes because of some super war, its affecting all nation's pop count and happiness.

This is correct. Global Radiation Levels (GRL) are currently at their peak cap at 5.00. The good news is that it can only go down from here but that could take a while by the looks for the big war that is happening right now. If you go to the world demographics screen in-game you'll see beside the current global radiation level two numbers, 5.00 (7.01). The first number is the capped GRL and the second is the actual GRL. The GRL does not have any affect beyond 5.00. I put the uncapped GRL number there to allow players to gauge where exactly GRL is and how long it will take to fall below the cap.