Reperation Calculation

john_268

get battle reports, add up the damage to soldiers/tanks/infra/tech/land in replacement costs, then add that to money stolen. thats what it would take to get the nation exactly to what it was at prior. if they were anarchied, and had to collect, then some is usually added onto it as well.

alot of alliances like to push for punitive damages as well

I am trying to collect reps from a certain alliance that has agreed to pay but they are saying that they should not have to pay for land or soldiers! Also i tacked on a 10% inflation cost and they are all up in arms!! I really don't see what the problem is, do the damage and pay for it afterwards. Kind of simple to me!

Edited by john_268

Calculate the worth of the things you lost in the battle, land soldiers, infrastructure, tech* and then maybe add a little extra because when you lose those things the price decreases

*For larger nations this could be repaid directly in tech, as monetary amounts take up aid slots and slow tech advancement

This is what I offer as reperations:

- 3 mil and 50 tech for violating my nation's sovereignty.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per 20 infra.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per 20 tech stolen/destroyed.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per 20 miles of land stolen/destroyed.

- 3 mil and 50 tech for total soldiers/tanks/cruise missile costs.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per every 3 days of war.

You say 3 mil and 50 tech because that is one aid slot - you don't want them filling up your aid slots.

Edited by Candide

This is what I offer as reperations:

- 3 mil and 50 tech for violating my nation's sovereignty.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per 20 infra.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per 20 tech stolen/destroyed.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per 20 miles of land stolen/destroyed.

- 3 mil and 50 tech for total soldiers/tanks/cruise missile costs.

- 3 mil and 50 tech per every 3 days of war.

You say 3 mil and 50 tech because that is one aid slot - you don't want them filling up your aid slots.

I hope someone raids me so I can get these benefits.

That would be intense reps, considering that I'd get almost 10 aid offers for just the land alone if someone was successful twice against me.

I hope someone raids me so I can get these benefits.

That would be intense reps, considering that I'd get almost 10 aid offers for just the land alone if someone was successful twice against me.

You'd have to have that guy change his AA to being your POW as he pays back the reps...

... sounds like raids gone wrong could become the source of personal fiefdoms.

The hell they shouldn't have to pay for land, that's a very !@#$@#$ expensive item. Soldiers I can understand. To whoever alliance you are out there. Either pay in full, or don't pay at all. Quit !@#$%footing.

Land is worth a lot more than the tech stolen and can easily cost more than the infra because you can steal more land than destroy infra per day.

Here's what I do.

Ask my member to calculate damages.

Add on one million.

Round to the nearest 3 million and 50 tech.

I'm not joking.

Fixed. :D

But, to re-emphasize, fill them slots.

On a side note, it's best to round all the way up when paying out reps. Sending $1,233,598 here and $854,911 there and $775,498 to another there is just wrong. Add it all up, round it up, and send it to one guy with two or three open slots, so he can middleman the deal and keep the change. Your aid slots being free for other deals are worth it. Moreover, it makes the guys in the alliance one of your mates raided without permission feel so much better about the experience and will be more likely to feel that your alliance deals with other fairly and generously. That's GREAT PR!

So, yeah, fill them slots up when sending/paying reps.