Environment and Government Types

For my nation personally since the update I have looked at the differences between Monarchy, Revolutionary Government, and Capitalist. It seems that I still make more money with Monarchy. I have changed to each one and have compared collection and bills.

The +1 enviroment from Capitalist gives 1% citizens plus 0.8 happiness so its better than Monarchy if you ask me.

My citizens want Monarchy though, so got to appease the masses. :awesome:

Whoa there! Happiness is a percentage now. It might give you 0.8 happiness, but it gives me only 0.4 happiness. And I believe the population increase to be slightly bigger than 1%, more like 1.75%

Excuse me for my slowness and ignorance, but I didn't know Monarchy used to provide an environment bonus. From the government chart in the wiki page, it only showed the government types that lower a nation's environment and the rest were blank under the environment column.

I was reading the forum earlier and someone said that Capitalist gives an environment bonus... I don't want to change my government to find out if it's true, so does anyone know if it is so? And where does it say this?

The CN index page here reveals all.

The environment effects of each are shown next to the name of each government. The chart shows the effects as the stars below:

enviroaddzt2.gif - Positive environment effect.

environoneif2.gif - Negative environment effect.

No star - Does not effect environment.

[edit]So to answer your question, by looking at the chart you will see that Capitalism does indeed improve environment.

Edited by Blue Lightning

Definitely for smaller nations, go to an environmentally friendly gov if it helps. The larger nations already can cover environmental losses (well assuming few dirty resources, I guess) with border walls, so they should just worry about happiness bonuses, bill reduction, and infra purchasing when they choose gov.

Definitely for smaller nations, go to an environmentally friendly gov if it helps. The larger nations already can cover environmental losses (well assuming few dirty resources, I guess) with border walls, so they should just worry about happiness bonuses, bill reduction, and infra purchasing when they choose gov.

So what is the suggested govt now for large nations? Those of us who have the Great Monument can make our people happy with any government choice. I've heard capitalist, democracy, and monarchy thrown around recently... which is it? Democracy doesn't seem to be too helpful at all. The only difference betwen cap and monarchy (ignoring the environmental part of it, which is moot b/c i have 5 border walls, right?) is that monarchy has +1 pop happ instead of -5% improv/wonder upkeep. Is there a simple way to determine which is more profitable? I hate the math side of these things :P Thanks

Win

I'm going to go with Democracy. The way I see it, Democracy provides us with a +1 happiness bonus, plus an environment bonus, with an addition to my soldier efficiency. I'll also be getting the Interstate System soon, so infras costs will be decreased from that. So it's all good.

So what is the suggested govt now for large nations? Those of us who have the Great Monument can make our people happy with any government choice. I've heard capitalist, democracy, and monarchy thrown around recently... which is it? Democracy doesn't seem to be too helpful at all. The only difference betwen cap and monarchy (ignoring the environmental part of it, which is moot b/c i have 5 border walls, right?) is that monarchy has +1 pop happ instead of -5% improv/wonder upkeep. Is there a simple way to determine which is more profitable? I hate the math side of these things :P Thanks

Win

If you change to Democracy, you can remove a Border Wall, which will raise your income.

Federal Government for bill-paying and infra-buying. Democracy for collecting.

I'm almost positive it's Capitalist.

If you're not collecting, Capitalist and Federal Government are a lot alike. Capitalist gives +1 environment and +5% land. The environment gives you extra citizens, and therefore, a few extra soldiers, and land could give you a slightly better chance in defending spy attacks. Federal Government gives you +8% soldier efficiency, which would help prevent surprise anarchy. I like Federal better.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

It will vary according to your nation. Each nation has different boost from different things. 1 happiness for me is more damage than using a borderwall to clean my environment so I prefer Democracy that is until I get the new wonder ADP which makes land more effective and so I may need to use Monarchy and an extra border wall.

If you're at war, Federal is probably better. But these discussions of Best government are set into ideal times for nations when they're not war, in which Capitalist prevails.

You're not supposed to collect in Capitalist though (unless it's your favored government), and since you're not collecting, the only thing you should be worried about is bills, infra, and war.

I'm going to go with Democracy. The way I see it, Democracy provides us with a +1 happiness bonus, plus an environment bonus, with an addition to my soldier efficiency. I'll also be getting the Interstate System soon, so infras costs will be decreased from that. So it's all good.

After a certain stage the -5% init infra cost that capitalist gives is worth more than the +1 happiness of democracy

After a certain stage the -5% init infra cost that capitalist gives is worth more than the +1 happiness of democracy

Depending on how much infra you buy.

Just switch Gov'ts when buying infra.

Hmm, border walls +2 happiness is worth more to me than the -citizens, even with full environment. As a large nation, I don't need the environment helpful gov. so if you're like me, just make sure to have a +happiness gov for collection and a -infra cost gov for infra purchase. if you want to save a negligible amount more, also choose a -upkeep gov for bill pay.