Did the formula for Happiness change lately?

kulmak

Early last week my Individual income was sitting above 115 and my collections represented that. The only difference between my nation today and early last week was that I lost an event (+3 Happiness) and today it is sitting at 94.55.

My Defcon level and Threat level has not changed and my collection percentage is at the same its been for a LONG time.

On top of that my Bills jumped from the low 5 million to the mid 6 million and I have not recently jumped any infra humps (I am about 250 from the next hump).

Hmm, and a very interesting note, with Zero Changes from the time I started typing this message until right now I jumped from 57 Happiness to 61 Happiness.

Am I losing my mind, is there something crazy going on, or am I just seriously missing something? I figured that if I did not do anything my nation would change only at midnight (if it changed at all).

Read the update log. That is all.

I read the log and while I disagree with the change it certainly should not have effected my nation to the extent that it has.

My bills have jumped by over 1 million (I dont see anything in the Log to account for that) and secondly, my environment (even with my nukes) is only 2.09 (and that is because Global levels are 1.09).

According to the Suggestion I should have gained 4% population and lost .5% of my income. Due to the rest of the change I should have lost 5 happiness because of the change in border walls. And I should have lost 3 happiness because of my lost event. An increase of 4% population for me should have offset just slightly less than 1/2 the losses due to all my changes today.

This would have dropped me from a 115 avg daily to about 105 avg daily and I would have lost about 50K daily due to the .5%.

But just as important, why the 1+ Million jump in taxes? If I just broke an infra hump then I would have not been surprised.

Someone might want to look into the formula's and make sure something is not wrong. And if someone could help me fathom the jump in my bills, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by kulmak

Read the update log. That is all.

that's not all, this is the update log

in short

5-19-2008

- Based on this suggestion environment effects to population and happiness have been updated. If you have a bad enviornment you will notice more of a decrease in population and happiness than before. The higher your population and happiness the more impact enviormnet will have.

- Nuclear weapons now have a higher environment impact the more nukes that you own. Lead reduces the nuke environment penalty by 50%.

- Monarchy no longer provides an environment bonus, it now provides a land bonus. Republic provides a spy bonus instead of improvement & wonder upkeep reduction. Revolutionary Government now also provides improvement & wonder upkeep reduction.

- Border Walls now provide +1 happiness instead of +2 happiness.

That is all.

that's not all, this is the update log

in short

That is all.

I missed the +1 happiness lost because of my governemt. I still not expect that makes up the difference. But none of this explains my jump in bills by well over 1 million.

Today, I had a net loss of 2.5 million over last weeks collections and I have increased my infra (still 250 from next infra hump).

Oh so true, trying to build up my young nation and over night it dived into crap. And when i bring it up cause i wasnt really sure, It all gets locked and a vague answer of check the update log.

also this makes me want to change my goverment type dispite what my populations wants just to make the enviroment get fixed so it am not going down hill with my nation.

According to the game logs I should have lost either .5% income or 1% income (Not clear if you round up or down and I am at 2.09 environ because Global Radiation is at 1.09).

That being said I should have gained either 3% citizens or 4% citizens. But I have not, infact I have LOST citizens. I am not sure where that came in to play. I had 95 improvement slots and now I have 94 after the change. I should have gained in the range of 3000 citizens from this change not lost some.

At this point, I am not complaining about the game change. I am trying to point out that something is not right with the formulas.

I am going to have to try to figure out how to get my enviro back to 1 but that is a bridge I will cross after the formula's get looked into.

I should have either had 0 poulation change or 1% (again depending on rounding) but I lost over 10% or my population which has put me at proportionally too many soldiers and knocked my happiness from 30 and change to 10 huge drop in income. Apparently someone doesn't know their math and for once its not me

The formula for environment was changed affecting population happiness. After correcting a bug with the update your happiness should be back up to its intended levels. See the game update log for more information.