SSS vs SM

Fort Pitt

ok, im at a crossroads... im trying to decide what is best for me... SSS? or SM?

right now according to my calculations SSS is better, but theres a twist... the $10 bonus for Stock Market doesnt seem to be a 10 bonus, but rather a 5 happiness bonus...

1 happiness is worth $4.15 for me, so that means that SM would be worth + $20.75 gross income...

im just confused because it says $10, but it gives a different number... anyone else with a stock market care to calculate how much they would without it by taking 10 off their gross income, and then calculating their income without adding 10 in the first place to see what the difference is?

anyone with info on this please post :D

ok, im at a crossroads... im trying to decide what is best for me... SSS? or SM?

right now according to my calculations SSS is better, but theres a twist... the $10 bonus for Stock Market doesnt seem to be a 10 bonus, but rather a 5 happiness bonus...

1 happiness is worth $4.15 for me, so that means that SM would be worth + $20.75 gross income...

im just confused because it says $10, but it gives a different number... anyone else with a stock market care to calculate how much they would without it by taking 10 off their gross income, and then calculating their income without adding 10 in the first place to see what the difference is?

anyone with info on this please post :D

$10 = 5 happiness no matter what. Modifers affect both equally.

Edited by ugexe

Depends on if you have the money for either right now. If you have the money right now to buy either, buy the SSS it is slightly better. It will make you marginally more money than the SM. If you have to save up the money, you'll want to start your wonder cycle as soon as possible particularly since you're going to wait until you have money save to buy either, then buy the SM. It's $10 million cheaper and you won't have to save as long which means starting the 30 day wonder cycle and getting to the second wonder sooner. And it's only marginally less income and the SM has the best benefit to cost ratio.

$10 = 5 happiness no matter what. Modifers affect both equally.

fresh nations have the $2 = 1 happiness thing, larger nations have $4.15 = 1 happiness... i could show you the formula now if you want me to...

Calculations have been done over and over, I think it works out that if your individual gross income per day is over $290 then SSS is better (if you can wait to save up the extra $10 mil).

thats what i thought

Depends on if you have the money for either right now. If you have the money right now to buy either, buy the SSS it is slightly better. It will make you marginally more money than the SM. If you have to save up the money, you'll want to start your wonder cycle as soon as possible particularly since you're going to wait until you have money save to buy either, then buy the SM. It's $10 million cheaper and you won't have to save as long which means starting the 30 day wonder cycle and getting to the second wonder sooner. And it's only marginally less income and the SM has the best benefit to cost ratio.

so in the short run get the SM? and in the long run get the SSS?

fresh nations have the $2 = 1 happiness thing, larger nations have $4.15 = 1 happiness... i could show you the formula now if you want me to...

Aehm, you are misunderstanding him. If you get 2$ from an improvement or wonder, it gets the same treatment by banks, schools etc. as the 1 happiness does. They are both base-values which get multiplied. It doesn't matter if you get 2$ or 1 happiness because both equal about $4.14 in income increase for a big nation.

Concerning SM or SSS: I have done the math for 5 nations when they were at the stage of acquiring their first wonder. The difference in increased income was mostly a few 10k per day in favor of the SSS. But the difference in price meant at least 3 days longer waiting for the SSS. Which means that the SM income increase has 3 more days, which meant that the SM was better than the SSS as the first wonder since you can acquire it earlier and the income difference does not make up for the 3 days. And those 3 days mean you can get all the other wonders 3 days earlier as well. :)