Stock Market

Great Temple

Internet

Interstate System

Disaster Relief Agency

National Research Lab

National War Memorial

Space Program

Though the order is different depending on the nation.

Military

Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI)

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo

Foreign Air Force Base

Anti-Air Defense Network

Central Intelligence Agency

Pentagon

I don't know that any overlap much. These are how I rate them.

Great Monument is never #2. If anythig, Great Temple is actually better, since there is always a chance that your people will desire a governemtn that is better than Monarchy without the Happiness bonus or even Monarchy itself anyway. And Interstate is far better if you are still buying infrastructure with any regularity at all.

Your list isn't really that good. =/

Edited by Delta1212

Great Monument is never #2. If anythig, Great Temple is actually better, since there is always a chance that your people will desire a governemtn that is better than Monarchy without the Happiness bonus or even Monarchy itself anyway. And Interstate is far better if you are still buying infrastructure with any regularity at all.

Your list isn't really that good. =/

The Hidden silo is also not that great definatly not #2 on the military list an MP is usually much better and thats not even on your list...

I agree. The NRL is a terrific counter to necessary Border Walls.

I usually advise the first two wonders to be the Stock Market and SSS. If you are pushing up close to 8K infra then the Interstate can be a godsend when you make that jump. Great Monument and Great Temple are the same, imo. Both are decent, both get you +5 one way or another, and both counter one of the minor spy attacks.

The best bang for your buck in military wonder has got got to be the Foreign Airbase. Until they become commonplace those extra planes can be decisive in early battles between big nations. The Anti-Air wonder is a real good one for protracted wars. You could turtle like crazy with that one. The SDI is pretty sweet, but real expensive. It should be on your buy list if you are in an alliance that regularly goes to war.

A note to Delta. Once you get the GM, your people will never again "recommend" any government. Whatever you have it on will be fine with them.

I'd have to disagree with you zeke and put the SDI right at the top. not only does the SDI protect your nation from nukes, it protects you fellow alliance members as well because you eat up nukes so that they cant get nuked. the more people in your alliance that have SDIs the better protected your entire alliance is from nukes. Also 75mil isnt that expensive, a nation that should be in wonder buying range may have to hold off on buying infra or tech to save for it, but it can be done in 30 days by most nations that are wonder buying range.