Income Bug

George The Wild

Okay, I'm sorry if I just can't read and i'm actually wasting your time.

Here is my problem. I have been in peace mode for 6 days now. That means that I should be experiencing -5 population happiness (found here). Here is where the bug comes in. Yesterday I collected $3.6 million in my taxes. However, today that number dropped to $1.6 million. I looked at my nation and I have not lost any trades, my happiness hasn't changed since yesterday, I don't have too many soldiers, my environment hasn't changed, I haven't gained or lost an event, and the only warning label at the top of my nation is the fact that I am in peace mode. However, my nation randomly dropped from ~$300 Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day to only $139.48.

I didnt change anything between today and yesterday. I would really like to know what would account for my income dropping by over 1/2.

Was there some update that made peace mode much more drastic after 5 days that has not yet been updated in the guides? Or is this bug? Or am I just really confused about what's going on?

Edit: Forgot my nation info

Nation Name: The Realm of Rohan

Ruler Name: George The Wild

link: http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_displ...Nation_ID=70240

Edited by George The Wild

way to treat an ally w/ respect

Leave the ally crap out of the non-RP forums, lol. Nobody is allied here, except to Admin...

As for the problem, as I understand it, 5 days of peace is a pretty small hit, but on the 6th day it starts getting worse, and escalates until day 15. Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I remember that from somewhere.

3 days = -3 population happiness

5 days = -5 population happiness

7 days = -6 population happiness

9 days = -7 population happiness

11 days = -8 population happiness

13 days = -9 population happiness

According to the Cyber Nations Information Index, there should have been no change between day 5 and day 6. Also the minute changes in happiness would not account for the drastic changes I saw.

Edit: Some people have told me that it is normal to lose over half your income after passing the 5 day mark while in peace mode. If that is the case then the Cyber Nations Information Index needs to be edited to reflect that.

Edited by George The Wild

You mean like:

National Peace/War Preference - In Cyber Nations standard the National Peace/War Preference option allows you to specify whether or not you want to allow other nations to declare war on you and attack your nation or to play the game as a peaceful nation. This option is not available in Cyber Nations Tournament Edition.

Keeping your nation in peace mode for prolonged periods of time will damage your nations economy. New nations get a 7 day grace period when in peace mode to allow them to learn the game without receiving any economy bonus. If you nation is older than 7 days and you remain in peace mode for more than:

3 days = -3 population happiness

5 days = -5 population happiness

7 days = -6 population happiness

9 days = -7 population happiness

11 days = -8 population happiness

13 days = -9 population happiness

There is also an additional economic penalty on top of the population happiness penalty if your nation is in peace mode for more than 5 days. A nation in peace mode may not send foreign aid, however it will be allowed to continue to receive foreign aid. In order to exit peace mode nations are required to collect taxes on the day that they wish to change out of peace mode.

Cyber Nations is a game that incorporates the ability to wage war against other nations. You can declare war on anyone as long as 1) they are not designated as a peaceful nation and 2) they are within the 50% - 200% ration of your strength range.

However, I've been here before, and I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this - lost over half my income? Seems more like nuke anarchy

The same thing happened to me. I typically collect ~10 mil a day, now I'm collecting just over 5 mil (with the same bills of 4 mil). I hit my 5th day of peace mode, but according to the information provided, I should lose 5 happiness = $10. $10*2.076=$20.76, at 30% tax = $6.23. at 90k Citizens, $6.23*90k = 560500.7625. I should lose 560k, not 5 mil. Please provide some sort of explanation as to why this is. In the midst of war, it's difficult to make decisions on what to do as a banking nation.

That might have just been day 5 kicking in, because it could depend when (am, or pm) your nation went into peace mode and when your nation was created (am or pm) because am created nations, have effects such as events happen the day of, and pm created nations have events happen the next day.

That might have just been day 5 kicking in, because it could depend when (am, or pm) your nation went into peace mode and when your nation was created (am or pm) because am created nations, have effects such as events happen the day of, and pm created nations have events happen the next day.

We're not doubting whether or not there is in fact a penalty for being in peace mode for longer than 5 days. We're doubting whether or not the magnitude is correct because the effects don't match up with the official documentation provided by admin.

This happens to me as well whenever I am in peace mode (which is why I stay out of it at all costs). I found out about this problem back in January when I was doing some backlogging but was too lazy to post anything about it.

Edit: also, your income will get worse than it is now. have fun with that :(

Edited by Jihadist

Edit: Some people have told me that it is normal to lose over half your income after passing the 5 day mark while in peace mode. If that is the case then the Cyber Nations Information Index needs to be edited to reflect that.

This is correct. The information index is one day off on the descriptions. I will update it now.