Most Important Wars Before Current Forums?

Bdiah

I need a top 10 list of wars or events that occurred before the current forums.  

Explanation:  I was reading CN Wiki about the Green Civil War to see which players were still around from back then.  I noticed that all the links are to the old dead forum, so I updated them to the internet archive.  It then occurred to me that this problem probably existed for every page discussing events before the current forums.  With this list, I will steadily update the CN wiki pages when I am listening to a podcast or watching something.  Thanks!

So far:

1. GATO-INC War

2. Great War I

3. Great War II

4. Great War III

5. First Polar War

6. Second Polar War

7. Citrus War

Edited by Bdiah
Partial List

• Bdiah changed the title to Most Important Wars Before Current Forums?

There's the first and second Polar Wars and the Citrus War, those were the ones where we in NPO really established ourselves as a force to be reckoned with. The Second Polar directly led to the founding of the New Polar Order. Those are all very important for setting up a lot of the alliance dynamics you still see today, as well as the Great Patriotic War (also known as Great War I).

Other people should add more - maybe Initiative vs FAN, and a lot of the small wars in the run up to the Unjust War (which kicked off like right after this forum went active).

On 6/29/2023 at 11:22 PM, Electron Sponge said:

There's the first and second Polar Wars and the Citrus War, those were the ones where we in NPO really established ourselves as a force to be reckoned with. The Second Polar directly led to the founding of the New Polar Order. Those are all very important for setting up a lot of the alliance dynamics you still see today, as well as the Great Patriotic War (also known as Great War I).

Other people should add more - maybe Initiative vs FAN, and a lot of the small wars in the run up to the Unjust War (which kicked off like right after this forum went active).

Mildly surprised you've omitted Vox vs. the NPO & Friends. (An aside: I miss chatting with Doitzel.)

With respect to the Unjust War, I believe it changed the dynamics of this place for good. And not necessarily for the better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 10:09 AM, kingzog said:

Mildly surprised you've omitted Vox vs. the NPO & Friends. (An aside: I miss chatting with Doitzel.)

With respect to the Unjust War, I believe it changed the dynamics of this place for good. And not necessarily for the better.

All the Vox forum posts are on the current forum. I believe this post is about the old forum, which was up from 2006 to late 2007.

17 hours ago, Rebel Virginia said:

All the Vox forum posts are on the current forum. I believe this post is about the old forum, which was up from 2006 to late 2007.

That is correct.  I'm just fixing broken links here.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:53 PM, Rebel Virginia said:

*digs*

Ah, so they are.

*checks calendar*

Yikes. We're all getting 'up there', aren't we?