Belarus-Hungary-Romania

Mr Director

Some time thereafter, Nicolae Georgescu would confidentially send Ukraine a request to lease the Ozerne air base. It would be reasoned that the base was quite centrally located in the Quadruple alliance, that it thus would be not of much value for the immediate air defense of the borders, but as a hardened bomber air base it would be ideal to station Romanian bombers there, able to reach far away targets, while being quite secure in the interior of the pact. Ukraine would also be informed that forward positioned Romanian Forces would naturally be also much better at assisting in defending Ukraine in case of war, making it a mutually beneficial agreement.

Next, Georgescu would send notes to all three treaty partners, inquiring on whether it would be seen as useful to hold another meeting, in order to discuss matters of military coordination and common defense, in order to improve the security of the alliance. Romania naturally would be willing to provide a suitably nice location for the meeting at Sibiu, Ardeal.

Robert sends back an letter back to Romania agreeing to lease the air base but stated that it still belongs to the Ukrainan military.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We would think such a railroad connection to of great value, should our bloc find itself at war.", Maria would state. "Though, I would hope, we could overall strengthen the bloc and tie it closer together. Our quadruple alliance controls much of Eastern Europe, has similar interests and similar threats. I would suggest, we expand the scope of cooperation beyond mere defense. Sometimes, it might be of value to have a bloc-wide intervention, that is maybe not covered by the defensive article."

"We would think such a railroad connection to of great value, should our bloc find itself at war.", Maria would state. "Though, I would hope, we could overall strengthen the bloc and tie it closer together. Our quadruple alliance controls much of Eastern Europe, has similar interests and similar threats. I would suggest, we expand the scope of cooperation beyond mere defense. Sometimes, it might be of value to have a bloc-wide intervention, that is maybe not covered by the defensive article."

"Belarus would be willing to sign on to, say, and optional aggression clause that could be added onto the the text of the original treaty. We feel that such a clause would make it easier for us to defend common interests, and possibly open up the path to further military cooperation."

Edited by Mr Director

Hungary-Slovakia is also willing to agree to an optional offense clause.

We shall begin construction on the Hungary-Romania extension within the next couple of days.

How far into Romania, and how extensive of coverage, would the Romanian government prefer the extension to reach?

On another note, while we are all present here, my government wishes for me to express Hungary-Slovakia's great concern with the current Alvonian invasion of Brandenburg.

If Alvonia is willing to invade Brandenburg over some phony accussations, what assurance do we have that they will stand by the Carthage Accords?

We are very concerned that they may invade Subcarpathia or some other section of Poland, or --if they are very foolish or stupid enough-even Hungary-Slovakia, next, under some other phony or dubious pretext.

"I'd think, from the Transilvanian border across the Carpathian mountains, to Bucharest should do. We can extent the railroad also from Bucharest northwards into Moldova and Basarabia, to reach Ukraine, to allow easier travel there.", Maria answered.

"On the Carthage Accords, my government thinks that it might be better to wait and see, for the moment. Alvonia has dragged Milan into this. We think it currently too early to repudiate the Carthage Accords. But should alvonia actually attack, Romania will be there and we shall see to it that Alvonia will not lift a finger ever again in this life and the next." n eerie glee marked the Queen's words, as she giggled happily.

"We have been quite concerned about the possibilities of Alvonian aggression for some time now, and have been making preparations to defend ourselves and our allies should military conflict occur. That being said, we will continue to hold to the deals made at Carthage for now. Should Alvonia break them, we are of course ready to act."

Hungary-Slovakia has no intention of repudiating or reneging on the Accords.  We are, however, concerned that Alvonia may be planning on doing so.  

If Alvonia does foolishly break their end of the Carthage Accords by invading or assaulting any part of Poland, Hungary-Slovakia stands ready to defend Poland, as well as our allies, at all costs, including a counter-invasion into Alvonia.

Edited by Euphaia

After a few moments of thinking, a slightly mischievious smile would cross Maria's face. "Well, as we already started discussing the matter... might I ask my Magyar and Byelorussian friends to tell me - If Alvonia would happen to experience some major mishap, like, to the point that it'd render the Carthage Accords void... What would be your respectives 'spheres of interest'?" And after a bit of rummaging in a bag, she'd produce a map of Poland, which she'd spread out on the table.

"Belarusian interests mainly lie in Lublin, as it connects Belarus to Subcarpathia and thus has a significant strategic importance to us. We also hold a protectorate over the Masovian and parts of the Podlaskie region, but we do not have any long standing interests there, as the region is mainly being used as a buffer zone against Alvonia."

"Romania has no objections, no need to woory.", Maria replied, laughing a bit about the question. "We hold no direct interest in Poland."

The Romanian monarch scribbled down a few notes, looking at the map every now and then. "I see. Well, it would be such a pity, where something to happen to Alvonia..." Making hardly any effort to hide her feelings, Maria continued. "In this case, I would say, we add to our treaty an optional attack clause and maybe we do agree among the four of us, if one of us enters into a war with Alvonia within the next month, the rest of us will follow? A gentleman's agreement so to say... and I doubt anyone of us would be losing out." Maria would give the others a wink, as she finished the suggestion.

An optional offensive clause would be agreeable to the Hungary-Slovakian government.

While we have done our best to maintain cordial diplomatic relations with Alvonia, Alvonia's unprovoked invasion of Brandenburg, using baseless, trumped up charges for doing so, nonetheless, has pretty much put an end to those endeavors.  

As such, Hungary-Slovakia is also agreeable to a the four-way Alvonia gentleman's agreement, as well.

"As stated already, Belarus would be willing to sign on to an optional offense clause. We would also be willing to agree to the gentleman's agreement concerning Alvonia. Their actions concerning Brandenburg are unacceptable in a modern society, and should they take steps that cause one of our nations to go to war with them, we will be ready to act."