Druk Ralung - Seat of Druk Yul

Maelstrom Vortex

As Druk Yul came to form around a theocratic constitutional monarchy centered with its capitol at the religious temple of Druk Ralung, the dragons moved out of the mountains until their abode in the niches of everst could be constructed. It would take a great deal of time for the full complex to be built, though living quarters would be completed wtihin a month. Maelstrom's vision was guiding the monks to turn Everest not only into a Holy abode, but secretly also one of the most heavilly foritified structures/bunkers on the entire planet.

He and his fellow Druk began to teach the people of Druk Yul as they visited the temple. Even scientists, who were wholly secular in their faith began to visit the temples.. miraculously.. they were not struck blind by the Druk. Maelstroms explanation to the monks was, "They serve me without knowing." He began to bring them up to date on modern engineering techniques with the aid of Dread Space, their pilot and several of the technicians who had traveled with them and escaped the burning inferno of their homeworld. Unfortunately, they found their ability to make progress limited to the average technological age of this planet's super powers. Manufacturing techniques and the inability to access several key manufactured elements in abundance prevented them from teaching their full technological spectrum to their visitors.

##At Druk Ralung

In the meantime, the 'Druk' passed the time as they would have on their home world resting and happy in each other's company. The first night had been a challenge for Maelstrom and Koudoawaia. What he had to explain to her, was difficult. He hoped she would believe him. As they rested on their nest of cotton and cloth provided by the monks they talked...

"What happened to you back there?" Koudoa spoke in soft hissing tones to her beloved.

Maelstrom sighed, "It's difficult to explain, but lets just say.. I know how this universe works better than any scientist or technician who will ever live."

"How" She canted her head to rest upon his shoulder.

"Because I am dreaming this reality Koudoawaia.. and many in it are part of my dream.. and you will take this as hard to believe, but even you are part of that dream, based on an entity I know.. from what could be said to be another layer of reality. She is also my mate there." He whispered to her in soft tones as he stroked her jaw. "I gave you her same aspects.. a beauty of your own, a talent for the arts, a timid and gentle nature that any male would be blessed to have by his side."

Koudoawaia looked incredulous, "You're saying I'm not real to you and that I'm based on someone else?" She snorted. "But if I pinch myself I feel the pain."

Maelstrom smiled to her while rubbing her shoulders and letting his sii rake softly over her neck, "No.. I imagine you feeling the pain.. and you do, because there are more dreamers than besides myself.. and we have agreed upon how this world shall work, its rules, its boundaries. The standards here are.. like you.. based on another layer of reality."

"Then why imagine us?"

He sighed, "The layer this all is based on, is sometimes stressful. It is easier to escape away into a dream to construct one's own world and it makes things more fascinating to share that dream with others. Some awake, some not. So far as I know.. I'm the only awakened dreamer in this world."

"But you were so different when we landed. Your personality has changed a lot, even your nervous ticks are somewhat different. If you've always been dreaming us, why have you changed?" She nuzzled at his jaw.

"Because I was not whole. This is not the first time I have lived." He explained. "My spirit has inhabited several bodies in the past. Each one a creation of my thoughts. However, as part of the rules of this world.. I had to find a way to protect the contuinity of my presence. That is what the amulets were for. In one of my incarnations I grew immensely powerful, not personally, but in my connections. To each of my friends I gave an amulet. In each of the amulets were a part of me. When any one of the amulets come into contact with one of my avatars.. I can awaken...... if I wish to. This time I did. This world is like my old one, but it's not quite the same. The dreamers are different, the standards are tighter... better.. the governance has improved. I wanted to stay this time. Especially since you could be here again."

"Again?  I was here before?" She was even more confused.

He smiled and chuckled, "Yes, I dreamed you before. A different body.. a different mind.. with different memories.. but the same soul. You were taken from me by unfortunate events when I tried to shape that dream. Other dreamers contested my actions.. you became a casualty." He looked to her. "I'll protect your image better this time my love. I promise. This time, I also intend to be more patient with the other dreamers.. maybe the contest will not be so great as to cause such catastrophe this time around."

He stretches with her on the mat of cloth and cotton. "Lets get some rest, we have much to dream about on the morrow.. and that's one of the unspoken rules.. every organic creature sleeps sometime.."

"You have more than I to dream about it seems." She trilled amusedly, shaking her head still somehwat skeptical. They settled into deep slumber in each other's arms.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

## Top secret session of the Parliament

It was an interesting day in Parliament the following day. The Druk had decided to make attendence personally with King Wangchuck. He sat on a raised Dais at the end of the parliamentary chamber while the King was allowed to sit next to the head of the Parliament. The King made his way forward to speak, " I speak for the Druk, and for all for our people. I have come to bring it to the parliament's attention that the Druk has studied the people of this world and found them to be unpredictable. As word of his presence grows, we may come under greater threat by those who fear that which they do not understand. We have all been peaceful nations, not known for the armies we keep in our defense, but we may need one in the future. The Druk has been teaching our scientists and our engineers. Showing them of ways to build factories into our rough terrain in ways that will protect them and allow us to increase our production. I ask you to approve the bill I have authored on his behalf that calls for an increase in our defensive arms.. and the size of our standing army. This increase will be done over time so as to prevent a shock to our delicate economies. With the knoweldge the Druk has given us we will improve our resoruce production and we will flourish even as we take on these new burdens. This will be the first bill our parliament has considered under this uniform format and so it has been properly titled and numbered.... 'In defense of our children and our faith, Parliamentary Order 1.' We ask you to take a few days to debate the nuances and finalize your own amended draft. The Druk.. and I.. thank you, the representatives of our people for your time. We shall return to Druk Ralung. You may contact us there if you have questions."

A great debate ensued.. a people that were driven to common purpose... had their own constituents who wanted to benefit from the various outlays. Where to put the factories.. where to train and draft the soldiers from... everything was up for consideration. It would be weeks before they would be able to finalize a bill.

A private letter is sent to Emperess Mei of Shang Hai,

In your role as diplomat for the Dragon Block I'd appreciate it if you could initiate peaceful and stabilizing negotiatiosn with our northern Neighbor Guanwai. Let me know how things go. Remember, you'll be speaking for us both and you have my full support.

Regards,
Maelstrom

THeir living quarters near the summits of everest had been  constructed. The Druk moved to the newly built temple-like structure and rested. Meanwhile in other parts of everest, a mountain top removal company had been contracted to both extract minerals and form a 300 foot diameter cavity into  one of the upper most sections of the mountain.. as well as a more complex bunker sstem. The cavity was to be the highest altitude space launch silo in the world when completed. Special care had to be taken in the construction. Workers were supplied with oxygen and state support was provided to the construction effort wherever it was needed.

Kevin Kingswell had heard stories of live actual dragons being seen around Mount Everest and he made up his mind to go visit the mountain to see if the stories were true or not. Packing enough belongings for a two week trip into a rucksack he flew out by plane and after landing had a taxi take him to the base of the mountain. Arriving at the base Kevin realised that he had no idea exactly where these dragons might be so he made a little camp site at the base of the mountain in the hopes of getting some sighting of a dragon and if not then he hoped to find someone to sell him some climbing gear so he could start ascending the mountain tomorrow. 

Kevin would be greeted by a line having formed. A very long line. Faithful wanting to go to the temple near the summit had filed in and the sherpa guides were having their biggest tourist season yet. There also appeared to be some sort of construction work starting on the far side of the mountain. However, he would be able to start his own assent in a day or so he was told with a group of pilgrims seeking to see the Druks.

In the meantime, the Dragonisians were on their own quest. They wanted to fly again.  They had to strengthen their wings. Their metabolisms could handle it along with their seven hearts, but their wing muscles were under-developed to sustain the rate of wing beats required in this atmosphere for more than short durations. They had begun short hop-glide practices between rock crevices.. strengthening their wings. It was very similar, Dread Space had noted, to the same excercises that were performed during the early days of Dragonisian space flight when astronauts had come back with brittle wings from light gravity.

In response to governments closing in, the government of Druk Yul had become nervous, especially without any guarantees by some of their allies as to oceanic access. They began discussions with the anarchic regions of Myanmar, offering to lend them their protection and representation in exchange for joining to Druk Yul.. with the long term goal.. of having Myanamar serve as a major trade artery.

The people, swayed by the prospects of a rise from ruin and economic recovery and services beyond what their local governments could provide often went with these choices.. and so.. Druk Yul.. began its peaceful, diplomatic, and political march to the sea.

In response to governments closing in, the government of Druk Yul had become nervous, especially without any guarantees by some of their allies as to oceanic access. They began discussions with the anarchic regions of Myanmar, offering to lend them their protection and representation in exchange for joining to Druk Yul.. with the long term goal.. of having Myanamar serve as a major trade artery.

The people, swayed by the prospects of a rise from ruin and economic recovery and services beyond what their local governments could provide often went with these choices.. and so.. Druk Yul.. began its peaceful, diplomatic, and political march to the sea.

DbaL9FN.gif

Classified Inquiry to Druk Yul

To: Druk Yul Government, Druk Yul Economic Ministries, Druk Yul Internal Ministries

Dear Druk Yul,

It has come to our attention that shortly after our founding you became a new neighbor via your bordering of Bokeo, Tongzhi and Luang Namtha, Tongzhi. As an act of good measure and to foster good relations, we would like to offer a mutual reduction in Tariffs when using that route to transfer goods to Former Myanmar regions, as well as to our nation. We would prefer it to be completely gone (tariffs and fees when going through that border) however we would also be willing in any mutual reduction in order for both of us to benefit economically.

With Kind Regards,

Huong Nguyen

Head of State of Tongzhi

DbaL9FN.gif

Classified Inquiry to Druk Yul

To: Druk Yul Government, Druk Yul Economic Ministries, Druk Yul Internal Ministries

Dear Druk Yul,

It has come to our attention that shortly after our founding you became a new neighbor via your bordering of Bokeo, Tongzhi and Luang Namtha, Tongzhi. As an act of good measure and to foster good relations, we would like to offer a mutual reduction in Tariffs when using that route to transfer goods to Former Myanmar regions, as well as to our nation. We would prefer it to be completely gone (tariffs and fees when going through that border) however we would also be willing in any mutual reduction in order for both of us to benefit economically.

With Kind Regards,

Huong Nguyen

Head of State of Tongzhi

Classified Reply:

To: Tongzhi Head of State, Huong Nguyen

Draft the treaty and we will review the proposal. We will likely sign it if it keeps in line with these intents. We'd also like you to draw in recognition of a 200 NM economic exclusion zone off each of our coast lines where our respective maritime laws would apply and that at the meeting point of these zones the dividing line would be based on whomever's land was closest to that point on the waterway and will be marked by periodic buoys, a total of 10 spaced every 20 nm from the shoreline.

Regards,

OFA

With the expansion into Myanmar, 30,000 soldiers were deployed as a light garrison throughout the region to protect its people and the interests of Druk Lung. Civil servant offices were established in accordance with constitutional law and elections were held to fill local and representative positions. The Regional capital was established in Yangon and Druk Yul began to bankroll an over-haul of the port and dock services preparing it to be able to service modern navies and commercial traffic. A commercial ship registry was established and trade companies began setting up shop inside the city.

Kevin had camped with the pilgrims, sitting around and joining in with the conversations though he mostly kept to himself being a loner personality. He would however, ask the odd question about what the pilgrims knew of the dragons as he wanted to find out as much as he could about them and the stories being told. Kevin would spend the night in pleasant conversation before retiring to sleep as it got late, in the morning he would be up bright and early to pack his equipment and to be ready for the ascent. 

The Pilgrims would advise Kevin that the belief is that one of the Dragons is the Dreamer, or a Buddha, sent by the Buddha.. as with religions the stories varied depending on who you spoke with. They all thought it incarnate of the third turning of the wheel of dharma. They claimed its eyes glowed green like jade.. and that its throne, made of gold, had baubles built onto it which made it the Druk of Bhutan, off their very flag, incarnate. It had brought others like it with them and they kept it company in the temple at the roof of the world, as close to the heavens as they could rest.

A few of the people coming back from the top of the mountain on the downward path would share a few photos of the Druk with him. And as they said, the one's eyes glowed with some bioluminescence and indeed fit the descrption they gave. It must move, because it showed them in various poses.

The work on integrating Myanmar was going smoothly, the people had voted in their initial transitional government in snap elections and long term elections were to be held the next year. Infrastructure was being revitalized as the rail lines from Druk Yul were being extended to the port of Yangon. Citizens had been documented in the provincial capitals as part of the elections. A holiday was declared to celebrate the first time elections and the accession into the Druk Yul government. The people of Myanmar were not accustomed to being part of even the most remotely democratic system, it was a welcome change to them.. to actually feel like their government cared what they thought was a heartwarming sensation.

Seismographs around the world would register a magnitude 5-6 earthquake in Tibet's deserts.. along a natural faultline.. pre-selected as a site for an underground nuclear test SPECIFICALLY for the cover it would provide. Druk Yul, having the technology of their new benefactors. Skipped atomic weapons altogether and weight straight to thermonuclear warheads. The new designs would begin to be mounted over the coming months.. (Rping my IG nuclear buildup.)

After a time of build up, re-dredging, and preparation, the harbors of Yangon reopened to global commercial traffic, heavy freight from deep withint he asian continent began to flow through the port and all SEATO members were welcomed by Druk Yul to use it as a shipping point and dock yard.

Kevin had retreated to his tent to think on everything he had been told, the proof he had been shown had made him rethink everything. His plans, his reasons, his motives all of it. Looking deep inside himself he found a new reason for this journey and with his heart firmly set he carved himself a wooden pole and spent time chipping away at it to fashion it with dragon etchings and once satisfied with his work he set out alone on the climb. He would firmly but politely decline any assistance from the other pilgrims telling them he knew that he had to make this journey alone. A rite of passage he called it and so he would begin his climb, his heart and mind set on reaching the end to see the Dragons in person.

Maelstrom grumbled irritably.. he was hop-gliding from perch to perch like the other Dragonisians, trying to condition his wings for this atmosphere and to adapt, but he was one of the older of the newcomers and his body was just not taking it as well. It was coming.. gradually, but not easily.

He hopped to another perch.. noticed there was some kind of anchor in it. He leaned over the edge, and there dangled Kevin. He tilted his head and rumbled in Tibetan, "Hello there!" He extended a claw to offer to help Kevin up over the edge.

Kevin being a native English speaker only had a basic understanding of Tibetan but when Maelstrom leaned over it wouldn't have mattered how fluent he was as at that moment his mouth hung open in shock at seeing a real live Dragon before him. Hanging from his anchor after his feet had slipped out from the ice he had been struggling to pull himself up and so when Maelstrom lowered his claw Kevin swung up one arm to grab it and to use it as a support in pulling himself on to the ledge. Crashing to the floor of the ledge Kevin lay back panting from the hard effort whilst still gazing at the Dragon for a few awkward moments before he managed a reply.

"Thanks" he said in between breaths in his native English as he pulled his anchor out of the ice and got himself to his feet dusting off the snow and ice that clung to his clothing. "You are real. I knew the stories were true" muttered Kevin quietly looking over maelstrom's full body in a gleeful wonder. 

Kevin laughed heartily at the quite obvious statement and question. In truth some of the laughter was the end of his nerves from surviving his almost fatal slip and he quickly got himself under control. "Sorry friend, I meant no offense by my laughter. In truth I am hear to see if the stories of Dragons were true and looking upon you I can almost fully believe it. Unless you are some sort of very super advanced robot or some other creation then I do believe you are a living, breathing Dragon" replied Kevin with a wide grin.  

"Hmm you know I don't really know, I don't think I planned much beyond seeing if the stories were true" replied Kevin raising a finger to his chin as he thought on the situation. "How about you show me to this temple of yours and maybe you can tell me more about yourself and your people" he said with a smile. 

"Very well. I'll need to carry you. I hopped here from the temple. Will be good for me, I need the excercise. I cannot quite fly yet." He lowered his wings and crouched. Once Kevin was seated and not threatening to fall off and had a good grip on his shoulders or neck.. he'd begin hop -gliding between crevices and nooks and overhangs til he got up to a large flat near one of the ascent points to the peak of Everest. THere was the temple being constructed in all its glory. The mountain occassionaly shook.. because construction was going on not just on the surface, but below.

As he came to the temple there were swarms of monks tending the place, tending the saunas that had been built.. the green houses that had been constructed.. and cleaning. A few of his fellow dragons rested here or there, some talking to pilgrims to the mountain. Recieving gifts and treats from some of the few humanoids to appreciate them. Statues of the monks nad the 5 elements decorated the shrine.

As they traveled he informed Kevin, "We fell from the skies, our world lost. This is our new home. I am a dreamer, I help to shape this world and its reality. You may choose to believe that.. or not.. it makes no matter to me, it is simply how things are. But you are not of me. You are not my dream. You are the dream of another, interacting with mine.. and with me. That said, welcome to my dream and to Druk's Rest of Everest. My people do not mind strangers who are unarmed. You are free to speak with them as you will. My mate is among them. My son has left for another realm, exploring the world on his own in the company of others similar to us. You remind me of him, very adventurous and inquisitive."