Reforged in Flames

"Ah, I see how it is. Well, I'm sure that can be arranged when all is taken care of. The people would be delighted to have both a Monarch anointed by Heaven, and a Prime Minister they would choose themselves. It will be a wonderful place, once the Japanese are taken care of.", Lingqi would say, sitting back in her chair and looking to the ceiling slightly.

"I would think the Japanese are far less of an issue than one might think." Yao would reply. "But I think, it might be good to part for now, so that we both can see to it, our respective governments do their best to remove the Japanese from Taiwan and to save those who got irradiated."

"In a time like this we all need allies we can trust. Honestly I think both you and Japan have accurate ideas over what should happen to Hong Kong and Taiwan and that is why we have tried to stay out of the conflict so far. We believe that if the people of those cities really want to govern themselves they should but only when there is no real interference from foreign nations similar to what Japan believes but you are also right that Japan needs to get its troops out of those areas as well so the people there can truly make their own local government the way they want it. Those are the reasons why we agree to both sides of the argument over the islands and have kept our troops out of it but since we have been attacked as well we are now determined to finish it. We know there is a temporary ceasefire in effect right now but I would still like to start more diplomatic talks between China and Japan so that we can end this war without anymore unnecessary bloodshed."

"The Republic will never allow Hong Kong or Taiwan to be seperate from the rest of China. That'd be madness. I do not know why Shanghai thinks it should be, but I guess you are entitled to your opinion." Lu would remark, sighing. "Also, as we speak, the ceasefire already has ended. If there's no surprise development soon, it'll be pretty clear that war will ensue."

"Which is why we need to start diplomatic talks with Japan right now before it is too late. If they are truly as unreasonable as you say than we probably should fight them but I want to see for myself first. If this last diplomatic meeting with their leaders does not work out than by all means wipe them out but it is still always better to try to solve it diplomatically first."

"They might, they might not. Which is why it would probably be best if you have your soldiers in position in case things dont work out. If Japan listens and removes their troops than great but if they don't you can go kill them all."