Franco-Sverige Diplomacy[CNRP2]

Lysergide

The Empress considers this briefly, "Alright, I can see that he commands great respect and that he is an honorable man, but I hope you understand my reluctance to enter into such an arrangement in the modern world, such a marriage would be the first in many years. What would my sister gain from the arrangement? I think my next youngest sister might be willing to engage in such an arrangement should she be given enough incentive. So tell me, what manner of power would she gain from marrying your King? What conditions and privileges would she have as Queen of Sweden?"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He lowered his hands to grasp themselves in front of himself as he listened to her attentively, as it was rather obvious from anyone that spoke to him prior that he took a little bit to respond as he had to translate everything in his head. "She would be Queen of Sverige, this would entitle her to have political power as well as being able to make decisions for the country, as long as they did not effect the growth and stability. She wouldn't however have control over military matters, and while she would have freedom of person and decision, should the King make a decision that contradicted hers, his would rule out. That much would hopefully be obvious, but I do need to mention it."

He smiled brightly at her consenting to it. "Well I do hope that she accepts, I know my King would be filled with joy if she accepted. There would be no penny spared on the ceremony, and it would be a wedding fitting for a goddess" 

"I'll call her up so you don't have to wait for the answer." The Empress pulls out a smartphone and hits one of her speed dials much as the Prime Minister had earlier. Her face lit up as soon as the call went through and her demeanor changing drastically, "Hi Cloe, how've you been?" The pleasantries extend for about thirty minutes as they catch up, her sister asking her why she didn't call very often and so on. Eventually however, the conversation turns to the topic at hand, "Cloe, I'll level with you, I'm not calling you because I wanted to catch up." A pause, "Yes, yes, hear me ou- yes, hear me out." another pause, "I'm sitting here with the Foreign Minister from Sverige." she nods at the man in question, "And he's got a question from his king."

The pause was more significant now, "Well hon, he wants to marry you."

There was another pause. It dragged on, and the Empress used the time to explain what all she would be getting from the arrangement and the general disposition of the man she'd be marrying as it had been described to her.

After a little while longer she nods and smiles, "Yes dear, I'll make sure to tell them. Goodbye, I'll call you when the meeting's over and we'll talk more, I promise." She hangs up.

"The answer is yes."

He smiled and bowed to her. "My King will be delighted to here her decision. She did not make the wrong choice, and this will greatly benefit both of our nations, as it will unite us in a permanent bond that cannot be broken. Now I imagine you have some stuff you would wish to discuss with me as to what arrangements would be made towards our two nations becoming bonded together?" 

"She's going to be packing right now, she means to go with you back to Sverige if you don't particularly mind." the Empress says, "And as long as I'm here I might as well personally sort everything out with you. So what we're going to be looking at is a highly cooperative military alliance, joint drills and exercises, free trade, we might as well go to all length since our monarchies will be permanently linked together, barring tragedy."

He nodded as she explained what she wanted out of the alliance. "I think all of those things you have outlined would be in the benefit of both of our nations, I would also like to suggest the sharing of resources on an equal trade basis. As we are a very self reliant nation, there are few resources we don't produce however there are some resources we don't produce in large numbers which that is food. But I believe we can be in agreement with the military alliance, and I see no reason why she shouldn't be allowed to come, I imagine the King would very much like to meet her before the wedding so the two could interact on a personal basis."

"Done." the Empress waves her hand, "We can provide your nation with excesses of food that we produce. She should be ready to go within the next day, she lives down near Marsailles so she'll need to be flown up to meet you before you may leave if you wish to bring her along."

"And we can provide you with raw materials your nation is lacking in. I would love to meet her, as we would be spending a plane trip together before she is brought to meet my King." He continues to smile at her. "A question I must ask is if she can speak our language? You may have noticed that I don't speak the best French, and while my King won't admit it, he is worse than I am, though he does try to speak foreign languages, he just isn't that great with them." He laughed slightly after saying that.

"I'm afraid she doesn't speak Swedish, though she's a fast learner so I don't think it will take long for her to pick up on the language with gratuitous help." she chuckles, "Imagine, the engaged couple having to communicate through a linguist for the first few months of them knowing each other until she can get a grasp on the language."

He laughed slightly, not to insult but at the thought of linguists doing all the talking for them. "While it is hilarious to think of my King getting frustrated at a linguist for delaying his communication, I think he would rather attempt to speak your language to her, but I will have to tell her to try and bear with him over it. He is a stubborn one, and doesn't like to admit defeat, and having to use a linguist would be admitting defeat."

"Well she'll certainly support him in that, she doesn't enjoy waiting so a linguist would be equally inconvenient for her. She'll help him learn, hopefully at the same time that he helps her." she stands, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a very busy woman, and while I would love to chat, I've not got all day and I owe my sister a phone-call."

He nods and bows before her again. "It truly was a pleasure and an honor to meet you and conduct these negotiations with you, on behalf of my nation and my King we are incredibly grateful for this opportunity and we look forward to a long and prosperous future for both of our nations."

The meeting broke up soon after that, the Empress going back to her helecopter to be taken back to wherever she'd been before to deal with the matters of the day. The Prime Minister walked Julian to the door, where Aurelie was waiting to receive him with a smile, "It was very nice to meet you Mr. Olsson," Clause says, "I hope we get to meet again sometime in the future."

Aurelie takes over from there, "I take it that things went well then." she says, leading him back to the limo.

"The pleasure was mine Sir Ebenfiele." He smiled towards the man before turning to follow Aurelia as she led him back to the limo.

"Yes my young lady, the negotiations went very well." He looked over at his aide who was waiting by the limo before speaking in Swedish to him. "Please inform the Office to inform the King that they agreed to the terms, all of them." He smiled at Aurelia opening the door for her. "I hope you didn't have to wait too long."

Stepping in the limo and pulling the door shut behind him, he sat across from her. "Well, there is much of your beautiful country I would love to see, however as it stands, I must wait on the Empress's sister to arrive so that I may depart with her back to Sverige. I will have to return sometime in the near future so that you may show me more of the beautiful country."

And Lo, he was given a tour, and it was good.

After a few hours of touring, Aurelie got a call on her phone, which took about ten seconds to conclude, "Her Grace is arriving in an hour, I'll get you back to the hotel to gather your stuff and then we'll head to the airport." She directs the car driver to head back to the hotel, she had been running out of interesting things to show him anyways, so it was lucky that she'd gotten the call when she did.