Apology

Zoot Zoot

To those involved with the war presently being raged.

At this moment in time, I cannot commit to RPing a war, something I did not anticipate when I started it due to unforeseen circumstances. 

Because of this, I am offering to retcon the entire war and put up a clean slate for those involved meaning you wouldn't be forced to RP nuclear damages and stuff and I get out of this this on easy street

In return so you don't think I am trying to run out on the war, I will be giving up my claim in North America.

I'm opposed to a retcon at this time, I'd be fine with you collapsing your government entirely and not having them executed like dogs in the street so that you might have a chance of rping with them later. I say this because I am planning on an amazing rebuilding post for all nuked cities and territories an hour after the war is concluded. It goes something like this:

"The tinker gnome guild works long and hard into the night, it was tough, but they managed, the damage is repaired, as if by magic. Santa's Elves pitched in as well with their magical candy canes, the leprechauns did their bit too. Snow White and her seven dwarves came along for the after party... etc (work in progress)"

Look, if there isnt a retcon, then I will just sit for 3 months to RP out the damages in my next nation as per the nuking rules, it doesn't bother me, but because the war wont finish due to the fact that I am bailing on it, it just makes sense for everyone else to just pretend the war didn't actually happen.

Its up to everyone else.

I'm opposed to a retcon at this time, I'd be fine with you collapsing your government entirely and not having them executed like dogs in the street so that you might have a chance of rping with them later. I say this because I am planning on an amazing rebuilding post for all nuked cities and territories an hour after the war is concluded. It goes something like this:

"The tinker gnome guild works long and hard into the night, it was tough, but they managed, the damage is repaired, as if by magic. Santa's Elves pitched in as well with their magical candy canes, the leprechauns did their bit too. Snow White and her seven dwarves came along for the after party... etc (work in progress)"

I know I'm only marginally involved in the war at hand, but I have to say I support this, if primarily because I'm generally opposed to retcons of any kind. I'm sure as hell not gonna ask you to RP out damages or whatever if you don't have the time or the energy to, Zoot, but what happened happened, and I think there should be some RP-- if not from you, then from the others involved-- stating that the CSA collapsed from the pressures of fighting a war on so many fronts, or something like that. If everybody supports a retcon, though, I obviously can't argue that. All I managed was one post getting my navy in position and ready to kick ass before you had to go and piss all over my fun :P

... okay, so really, it's less about the retcon and more about the tinker gnome guild reconstruction RP.

I know I'm only marginally involved in the war at hand, but I have to say I support this, if primarily because I'm generally opposed to retcons of any kind. I'm sure as hell not gonna ask you to RP out damages or whatever if you don't have the time or the energy to, Zoot, but what happened happened, and I think there should be some RP-- if not from you, then from the others involved-- stating that the CSA collapsed from the pressures of fighting a war on so many fronts, or something like that. If everybody supports a retcon, though, I obviously can't argue that. All I managed was one post getting my navy in position and ready to kick ass before you had to go and piss all over my fun :P

... okay, so really, it's less about the retcon and more about the tinker gnome guild reconstruction RP.

Yeah, I'm ok with this.

In fact, I like this alot.

Say the war happened, zoot collapsed, and oocly we'll just agree to let him off the hook for rping a nuclear winter without a retcon.  I'm using this war as a means of propelling the next phase of my rp, which involves the death of my president and 90 days of nuclear winter for nuking two lame islands and one city seems excessive. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

While I leave the nuclear penalty to others to judge, I'm all for keeping the war itself canon. Especially given Chile is ok with it.

I wasted enough time with responding to this and thinking of how to work on this after the war, that I don't want to yet again waste huge amounts of time to pretend nothing happened. Retcons are most of the time a stupid idea, as regardless of the canon, mentality changes once a great event like this was RPed and in some way it is progress. To throw it all out would destroy this and lead to inconsistency in the overall RP.