Refurbishment of Equipment Contract

Captain Enema

Public Announcement:

A Legion Diplomatic venture has born fruit. Legion has agreed to donate an entire reinforced brigade of Armored Equipment to a young and up and coming nation. This consists of the vehicles needed for 1 armored regiment and 2 Mechanized Regiments.

116 T-90 Tanks
256 BPM (Or whatever Apc Cochin uses)
463 AXE Mobility Vehicles
36 155 SPA
36 MLRS
60 Radar/heat Seeking ADA Vehicles
48 Quad 40mm Multi-purpose Armored Vehicles
280 Armored Supply/Ambulance Transports
136 Engineering Vehicles

We have a wide selection of former Legion materials we are sending, but before doing so we want to ensure it is proper working order and using up to date modern equipment.

1) We want your organization to ship the vehicles.
2) We want your organization to overhaul and update the vehicles.
3) We want your organization to provide technical support for a period of 1 year after delivery.
4) We want your organization do deliver a rather large shipment of munitions once the equipment is delivered or before, up to you really.

Thank You and Place your bids.

We are particularly interested in bids from the Kingdom of Cochin as much of this equipment is Kingdom issue from previous incantations of Legion. But anyone with the capacity to do a proper bang up job on the work will be given a contract.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1312511082' post='2772295']
Public Announcement:

A Legion Diplomatic venture has born fruit. Legion has agreed to donate an entire Brigade's worth of Armored Equipment to a young and up and coming nation. We have a wide selection of former Legion materials we are sending, but before doing so we want to ensure it is proper working order and using up to date modern equipment.

1) We want your organization to ship the vehicles.
2) We want your organization to overhaul and update the vehicles.
3) We want your organization to provide technical support for a period of 1 year after delivery.
4) We want your organization do deliver a rather large shipment of munitions once the equipment is delivered or before, up to you really.

Thank You and Place your bids.

We are particularly interested in bids from the Kingdom of Cochin as much of this equipment is Kingdom issue from previous incantations of Legion. But anyone with the capacity to do a proper bang up job on the work will be given a contract.
[/quote]

Quarter Master Command of Royal Cochin Defense Forces would take up this contract. If the passage route to the delivery point goes through any diplomatically or militarily sensitive region, it would be the responsibility of the client to ensure safe passage for our equipment and personnel. We also reserve the right to refuse service and refuse contract if client is on a diplomatic watch list of Cochin.

The delivery of vehicles and munitions would be undertaken through commercially chartered cargo vessels with RCDF security. Overhaul, maintenance, update and technical support for the vehicles would be provided by serving personnel in Quarter Master Command.

We hope these details are acceptable to both Legion and to the client?

[i]Artemis[/i] wishes to take up the contract. As per policy, we guarantee success of the contract being carried out at risk only to [i]Artemis[/i], and guarantee all four specified points. [i]Artemis[/i] was, in fact, well-known for providing parts 3 and 4 to nations commonly considered "below" the technical capacity of the armour, and is willing to do so on a large-scale contract. Further, since we do not require a profit being made, we can guarantee the lowest cost for the contract.

Private to Cochin:

Is Golan on your naughty list? And can you throw in some military transport helicopters and some ambulance configured helicopters?

-Dellion

OOC: This is all the equipment you've sold me over the years. I've just kept it in storage and kept it up as best that I could. But given I rerolled so many times I really can't claim it is in prime shape. So when you deliver it.. be sure to deliver it under your military designations.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1312511987' post='2772314']
Private to Cochin:

Is Golan on your naughty list?

-Dellion
[/quote]

Private to Legion

No, we have no problems with doing business with Golan. Would you require the initial maintenance to be done at depots of Legion or after delivering to Golan? Would the munitions to be delivered be coming from your own stockpile or are you interested in purchasing stocks from Quarter Master Command?

- Lt Gen Sandeep Zachariah
Quarter Master General

Private to Cochin:

We'll provide the munitions that your men certify as safe and make up the difference with a purchase from your sources. Whatever works best for you for the refurbishment. We have a bottom line here at costs and quality. So do what is best for the equipment at the most reasonable rate. Don't cut corners, lives might well depend upon the equipment being in the best possible condition.

And the helicopters?

-Dellion

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1312512736' post='2772329']
Private to Cochin:

We'll provide the munitions that your men certify as safe and make up the difference with a purchase from your sources. Whatever works best for you for the refurbishment. We have a bottom line here at costs and quality. So do what is best for the equipment at the most reasonable rate. Don't cut corners, lives might well depend upon the equipment being in the best possible condition.

And the helicopters?

-Dellion
[/quote]

Private to Legion

In that case best thing to do would be to conduct a thorough maintenance check and basic repairs at the existing warehouses in Legion and the lots in best condition could be shipped immediately and the second lot of equipment could be shipped after a basic strengthening repairs. To do that we will send a team of maintenance technicians with their equipment. After delivering the products to Golan we shall build a larger repair and maintenance facility with cooperation from Golan where the equipments can be retooled and refurbished into prime combat capability and deliver them into active service. After the period of one year the maintenance facility and technical know how would thus be passed on to Golan.

As regards munitions everything depends on their state of storage during this time. Ideally we would recommend a per munition check for safety and stability but that would be prohibitively expensive. Using an untested munition on a weapon could endanger both the personnel and equipment.

What we would suggest is that we would recall all existing munitions with Legion and supply fresh stocks of the same munitions from our own reserve stocks at marginal increase in cost. This would mean that all the munitions would be certified for safe operation and no time waste is incurred.

As regards helicopters, Gosree Aeronautics Limited offers GAL Blackhawk helicopters, a versatile system that can be configured for both transport and air ambulance roles very easily. Please state the numbers you require and they shall be delivered.

Private:

We leave it to you to get this sorted out along the parameters you have suggested. Our Ministry of Special Affairs will handle the finances. And we'll purchase 24 of the Blackhawks along with training support for pilots and ground crew for Golan.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1312511968' post='2772313']
[i]Artemis[/i] wishes to take up the contract. As per policy, we guarantee success of the contract being carried out at risk only to [i]Artemis[/i], and guarantee all four specified points. [i]Artemis[/i] was, in fact, well-known for providing parts 3 and 4 to nations commonly considered "below" the technical capacity of the armour, and is willing to do so on a large-scale contract. Further, since we do not require a profit being made, we can guarantee the lowest cost for the contract.
[/quote]

While we've already sourced this project we do believe we can retain your services for a different project. We have a significant supply of Artemis equipment in storage as well. We'd like you to bring it up to spec and prepare it for future shipment.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1312513470' post='2772337']
Private:

We leave it to you to get this sorted out along the parameters you have suggested. Our Ministry of Special Affairs will handle the finances. And we'll purchase 24 of the Blackhawks along with training support for pilots and ground crew for Golan.
[/quote]

Private to Legion:

Very well, we are sending a Colonel ranked officer to Legion to liaise with Legion and Golan so that the precise requirements can be figured out.

The Quarter Master Command Colonel would arrive at Legion accompanied by a team of maintenance appraisers from National Defense Reserves. After a week or so of thorough preliminary appraisal a larger Company of maintenance personnel would arrive from Cochin and set up shop adjacent to the warehouses of Legion.

They would inspect each of the vehicles in an initial cursory inspection and later thorough inspection dividing them into two lots , ready to ship and require repair lots. Ready to ship equipments would receive basic repairs and and would be packed off to the nearest container port where first of two chartered ships of Palani Shipping Pvt Ltd would be waiting. As the ready to ship lot gets shipped off to Golan, the second lot of equipment would receive a more through regimen of repairs.

Meanwhile at Golan, facilitated by Golan and Legion Governments, the Colonel would oversee the setting up of a Repair and Maintenance Plant. The Plant would be built by a Company strength of personnel from Quarter Master Command stationed at St Helena so that they would be able to receive the first lot of equipments and vehicles coming from Legion. Built with sufficient warehousing capability the Repair and Maintenance Plant would be equipped all the tools and databanks required for completely self sufficient maintenance and repair of the equipments.

As the last lot of equipment arrive at Golan, the 24 GAL Blackhawks ordered by Golan through Legion would be delivered to Legion. For the time being based near the Repair and Maintenance Plant for heavy vehicles, these helicopters would be accompanied by a contingent of instructors from Training Command and maintenance and operation technicians from GAL. Full facilities for routine operational maintenance and basic repairs for the helicopters would also be provided there.

While the maintenance technicians of the Blackhawk Maintenance Facility would be trained at Golan itself, the aviators and engineers for these helicopters would be taken to Cochin for specialized training under Training Command (Air Force). After being trained and certified by Training Command these aviators would meet up with their helicopters.

After the year long maintenance and operational training imparted to Golan personnel, the two Companies of QMC would withdraw leaving a squad sized team of instructors who would stay on for another year to ensure full transfer of technology and expertise after which they too would return to Cochin.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1312513787' post='2772343']
While we've already sourced this project we do believe we can retain your services for a different project. We have a significant supply of Artemis equipment in storage as well. We'd like you to bring it up to spec and prepare it for future shipment.
[/quote]

This is possible.

Private to Artemis:

Same arrangements for this equipment that we have with Cochin. We have roughly a full armored regiment and two mechanized regiments of mothballed Artemis rolling stock that can be refurbished, updated, and prepared for shipping.

We'd like the equipment prepared for possible deployment to Asia, Northern Asia more specifically.