Tax Rate?

HydroJohn

Drop to 10%

Collect at 28&

It makes no difference. The only thing that matters (assuming you are building rather than role-playing) is the total collection. Happiness is just a small feature. The toal income is where its at. Collect on whatever gives you the most. Swap to 10% if you are worried about happiness levels, but honestly, it really doesn't matter what it is when not collecting :)

Drop to 10%

Collect at 28&

It makes no difference. The only thing that matters (assuming you are building rather than role-playing) is the total collection. Happiness is just a small feature. The toal income is where its at. Collect on whatever gives you the most. Swap to 10% if you are worried about happiness levels, but honestly, it really doesn't matter what it is when not collecting :)

That is the exact scheme i have! I sent it to HydroJohn already!

By the way(Mod) it isn't to much work, because it means more taxes!

you collect the same amount at 28% regardless if you drop to 10% or not

No you don't! If you keep it at 28% the whole time your happiness will stay down and will eventually slowly decline, day by day! So you should do it mine and TheDave's way! You get more taxes!

No, it stays the same. As has been stated before it's just more work.

Alright! I didnt know it stayed the same!

But the advantage is your citizens are happier, and that is a reward for going to the trouble of actually changing it every day, 2 days, 3 days, or whenever you collect your taxes!

Dudluv is right, what difference does the extra happiness make if you're not collecting on that extra level of happiness.

Ask almost anybody in the game and they will tell you the exact same thing, switching to 10% won't change anything. Yes, your happiness will go up, by 7 or whatever it is, but then when you switch it back to 28% to collect taxes your happiness drops by 7 immediately and you collect the same amount of taxes you would have collected had it been at 28% the whole time. Having a higher happiness level in between the tax collections does nothing for your nation as happiness has one purpose and that's to determine how much money you will collect from your citizens during tax collection.

Seriously, like he said, "you just don't get it"

Edited by Drai

I wont bother you again!

I got a ticket already for the clue train...................but i haven't got a clue what to do with it! lol!

Hopefully my above post will help explain the reasoning as to why your method (an many new nations' method) doesn't work.

Dudluv is right, what difference does the extra happiness make if you're not collecting on that extra level of happiness.

Ask almost anybody in the game and they will tell you the exact same thing, switching to 10% won't change anything. Yes, your happiness will go up, by 7 or whatever it is, but then when you switch it back to 28% to collect taxes your happiness drops by 7 immediately and you collect the same amount of taxes you would have collected had it been at 28% the whole time. Having a higher happiness level in between the tax collections does nothing for your nation as happiness has one purpose and that's to determine how much money you will collect from your citizens during tax collection.

Seriously, like he said, "you just don't get it"

Correct. I always knew that scheme never made sense, and i never tried it. All it will do is give you happiness for a day, and then it will go down after you change it. CN isnt a dumbass, the game knows what your trying to do. The happiness will decline after you change it back To be honest, its pointless.

Edited by Jack Grist