General Canadian actions

Lynneth

Anderson repeated the actions of the Chairman himself, putting on his helmet and turning on the radio. He followed a step behind until they reached the airlock, where he stepped up beside the Chairman.

He glanced to the side, once.

"You ready?" he asked. Upon receiving confirmation, he would move forward at the same pace as his companion.

"Yes." was the simple reply. The airlock closed behind them and all air was sucked out of the room they were in.

Then, slowly, the door to the outside opened, a ramp going down to allow the unloading of wheeled carts. The Chairman drove forward, carefully.

Once both he and Anderson were safe on the surface, he smiled and threw his arms upwards - not into the air, as there is no atmosphere on the moon. His radio was active.

"Yes! I'm on the moon, on the damned moon! Mwahahahaa!"

He actually cackled madly, but calmed down after half a minute or so.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes." was the simple reply. The airlock closed behind them and all air was sucked out of the room they were in.

Then, slowly, the door to the outside opened, a ramp going down to allow the unloading of wheeled carts. The Chairman drove forward, carefully.

Once both he and Anderson were safe on the surface, he smiled and threw his arms upwards - not into the air, as there is no atmosphere on the moon. His radio was active.

"Yes! I'm on the moon, on the damned moon! Mwahahahaa!"

He actually cackled madly, but calmed down after half a minute or so.

Anderson laughed like a mad scientist himself for a few seconds--it was actually kind of exhilirating. (OOC: Gah! SP?). He jumped once or twice, enjoying how high he could sprinkg on this surface.

"Wahooo!!!"

Anderson laughed like a mad scientist himself for a few seconds--it was actually kind of exhilirating. (OOC: Gah! SP?). He jumped once or twice, enjoying how high he could sprinkg on this surface.

"Wahooo!!!"

After a few minutes, the other astronauts were outside, as well. While Anderson was busy laughing and jumping, the Chairman drove around, admiring the landscape - and the view of Bob.

moonearth_580.jpg

"Marvelous..."

OOC: I'll be resuming my normal RP, too. I don't have another thread where I can properly do this stuff. D=

IC:

[some days after Anderson and the Chairman came back to Bob.

In the Chairman's office.]

"And you're sure about that, Sir?"

"Yes. We'll get rid of most of our regular nukes and replace them with weapons in orbit. Do you want me to repeat that again?"

"No, Sir, but...It seems unwise. They could be destroyed by anti-satellite weaponry."

"That's why we'll disguise the smaller ones as civilian satellites."

"And the bigger sats not, those with the rods?"

"These we won't disguise. We do need something that looks intimidating, after all."

"I see, Sir."

"How are the borderd?"

"We have regular border walls, but nothing really fortified to withstand an organised assault. Currently, an enemy army could just waltz through."

"Not good. We'll have to fortify the borders with mines and bunkers. After all, the world officially hates us due to the ties with Kyokujitsu Teikoku and us now being communist."

"Well, Sir, you could have chosen a better time for officially declaring that we're now red."

"I know, I know. But whatever. Fortify our land-borders and prepare the construction of a SOSUS network in the north atlantic."

"SOSUS?"

Yes. that'll make it much easier to find out if someone's steaming towards our homeland."

"Where exactly should we lay it?"

"I don't know. Hudson Bay, Hudson Strait, then maybe everything between our northernmost island and...Ah, damnit. Just get me a map."

"Yes, Sir."

A few minutes later, Lynneth was scribbling onto a map of the north atlantic ocean.

map2.png

"There. Something like this would be best."

"But I think we need to contact-"

"Nonsense, we don't. We're evil communists, and we'll act the part. Of course, our friends in the REPO will get as much information as they want from the SOSUS."

"Understood, Sir. Anything else we should do?"

How's the bunker network going?" (OOC: Fallout shelter system wonder)

"About 80% finished, Sir."

"Slow. You've been working for quite some time now."

"Well, the network is pretty big, and we don't have many mountains. Most of the bunkers are only 300 to 500 meters below the ground, though there are two layers of solid steel at 100 and 200 meters, respectively. Each layer is about 3 meters thick and should also give decent protection against EMP attacks."

"Good, good. The K.I. project?"

"We have a working prototype. If we manage to refine and perfect it, it'll give us an enormous advantage over other nations in this aspect."

"Very good. Any other news?"

"Not at the moment."

"Very well. See you next time."

"Yes, Chairman."

The advisor, Monroe, left the room to let the Chairman do his usual business of running the nation.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: understandable. So, do you want me to continue, or should we consider it over? Maybe we should have just made another thread for it...

OOC: We can just continue. I'll just post other stuff in between whenever I write something up.

After a few minutes, the other astronauts were outside, as well. While Anderson was busy laughing and jumping, the Chairman drove around, admiring the landscape - and the view of Bob.

moonearth_580.jpg

"Marvelous..."

When Anderson caught the view of Bob, he literally froze in midair at the sight--though his momentum did not, and he crashed to the surface. At least it wasn't bruising velocity, considering the much lesser gravity of the moon.

Not at all embarrassed (or at least that's what he told himself), he stood up and brushed the dust off his suit, though it really didn't need it.

He overheard the Chairman's words (or word, rather). "And it'll be all ours, one day, eh?"

When Anderson caught the view of Bob, he literally froze in midair at the sight--though his momentum did not, and he crashed to the surface. At least it wasn't bruising velocity, considering the much lesser gravity of the moon.

Not at all embarrassed (or at least that's what he told himself), he stood up and brushed the dust off his suit, though it really didn't need it.

He overheard the Chairman's words (or word, rather). "And it'll be all ours, one day, eh?"

"Indeed. This sight just inspires me to do it more quickly. We should begin building the moon laser as soon as possible."

He chuckled, but kept looking at this blue marble in space. It was truly beautiful.

"Indeed. This sight just inspires me to do it more quickly. We should begin building the moon laser as soon as possible."

He chuckled, but kept looking at this blue marble in space. It was truly beautiful.

"It looks so peaceful from here, doesn't it?" Anderson said, changing the subject slightly. "Just looking at it, you wouldn't know that at this moment, at least two separate conflicts are going on in different portions of the globe." He paused, shaking his head.

"In all seriousness, I think I'd be willing to kill anyone who brings real violence here, to this white sphere we have come to..."

OOC: I'm not really sure where to go from here. Perhaps another flag planting? I'm waiting on a reply from someone else for my own flag...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"It looks so peaceful from here, doesn't it?" Anderson said, changing the subject slightly. "Just looking at it, you wouldn't know that at this moment, at least two separate conflicts are going on in different portions of the globe." He paused, shaking his head.

"In all seriousness, I think I'd be willing to kill anyone who brings real violence here, to this white sphere we have come to..."

OOC: I'm not really sure where to go from here. Perhaps another flag planting? I'm waiting on a reply from someone else for my own flag...

"Unfortunately, mankind will bring weapons to this place, as soon as the first moon bases are finished, should we survive long enough to build some."

He sighed.

"Anyways. Do you, perchance, want to plant your country's flag here? Those of the Republic and of Saboria are already planted, a bit to the east, I think.

On another note, I'm in the mood for some music."

He activated a MP3 player that was embedded into his suit.

began to play, power metal to be precise.

OOC: Sabaton is made of awesome and win :awesome:

"Unfortunately, mankind will bring weapons to this place, as soon as the first moon bases are finished, should we survive long enough to build some."

He sighed.

"Anyways. Do you, perchance, want to plant your country's flag here? Those of the Republic and of Saboria are already planted, a bit to the east, I think.

On another note, I'm in the mood for some music."

He activated a MP3 player that was embedded into his suit.

began to play, power metal to be precise.

OOC: Sabaton is made of awesome and win :awesome:

OOC: Sounds :awesome: . It'd make a good theme for that movie our guys were planning, eh? Little editing of any kind necessary, from what I can tell. Maybefour words, and it'd fit perfectly. :D

IC: "Yes, thank you. To the East, you say?" He took off in that direction. It shouldn't be too hard to find, considering they'd landed near the same spot the first mission had.

He would plant his nation's flag, not exactly with them, as he didn't feel that was right--he had come later, after all. He would plant Promised Land's flag a small distance away--once he actually found them...

OOC: Still waiting for the PM back from the guy who designed it for me...

OOC: Sounds :awesome: . It'd make a good theme for that movie our guys were planning, eh? Little editing of any kind necessary, from what I can tell. Maybefour words, and it'd fit perfectly. :D

IC: "Yes, thank you. To the East, you say?" He took off in that direction. It shouldn't be too hard to find, considering they'd landed near the same spot the first mission had.

He would plant his nation's flag, not exactly with them, as he didn't feel that was right--he had come later, after all. He would plant Promised Land's flag a small distance away--once he actually found them...

OOC: Still waiting for the PM back from the guy who designed it for me...

OOC: Indeed awesome. A dozen words may have to be changed, tops. Aside from the dates (30s and '45).

As for your flag, procrastrinate (sp?) as long as you want. =D

IC: "To the east, yes."

It would not be hard to find the flags, one being red and yellow, the other white and bright blue. With the black sky and the grey rocks of the moon as background, the contrast of these two flags was high, making it easy to find them.

Meanwhile, the Chairman kept listening to the band Sabaton, an Ubersteinian band that he liked quite a bit.

[The Chairman's office]

[Very secret]

"So, you've begun making the SOSUS network, right?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Good. A small change of plans though, in the south. Make sure that approximately 30 to 40 kilometers of Wighton's coastal waters are not under surveillance."

"Why that, Sir?"

"I've done a small deal with Naboo, they'll officially, though secretly, allow us to use their coast. We'll have to exclude their signatures from the network in that region, though."

"Sounds good. And it lowers the possibility of someone finding out about the network. Now, the only ones with a chance of finding out about it are the USNA and the Imperium of America."

"Yes. And seeing as neither have great troop concentrations aside from standard patrols in that region, it's very unlikely they find out. Where are you laying it at the moment?"

"In international waters and the Hudson Bay, Sir. Hudson bay is basically under our control, seeing as we own the islands going into it, and international water are, well, international."

"Good, good. Another question, is there any advances with memory-manipulation in PC?"

"None, unfortunately. We can't seem to figure that out."

"Damn...Ah, well. I'll try to get the Nordlanders helping. Or we could strike a deal with Naboo, they may be researching something similar."

"That's your decision, Sir. I won't stop you from doing it if you want."

"I know, I know. But whatever. I'll just visit Nordland in a while, together with Leclerc."

Monroe nodded. "A good idea, Sir."

"That's it for now. Good day."

"Good day to you, too, Sir."

And thus, Monroe left the room.

OOC: Indeed awesome. A dozen words may have to be changed, tops. Aside from the dates (30s and '45).

As for your flag, procrastrinate (sp?) as long as you want. =D

IC: "To the east, yes."

It would not be hard to find the flags, one being red and yellow, the other white and bright blue. With the black sky and the grey rocks of the moon as background, the contrast of these two flags was high, making it easy to find them.

Meanwhile, the Chairman kept listening to the band Sabaton, an Ubersteinian band that he liked quite a bit.

Anderson stopped for a few seconds to ask one of the astronauts to come with him, to record and transmit this event, then turned back and headed East once more. Indeed, the flags were not difficult to find, not only because of the colors contrasting with the environment, but also due to the signs of the landing that had brought them.

Checking once to make sure the other astronaut had followed, he found a place about ten meters from Saboria's flag that would be perfect. It was in line with the other two flags, with Saboria's in the middle. Appropriate, considering they had brought the others here...

He brought his flag down firmly, triumphantly, for the camera to plainly see...

Untitled4-4.jpg

OOC: In case you're wondering, here's a link to the post where the flag was designed.

Anderson stopped for a few seconds to ask one of the astronauts to come with him, to record and transmit this event, then turned back and headed East once more. Indeed, the flags were not difficult to find, not only because of the colors contrasting with the environment, but also due to the signs of the landing that had brought them.

Checking once to make sure the other astronaut had followed, he found a place about ten meters from Saboria's flag that would be perfect. It was in line with the other two flags, with Saboria's in the middle. Appropriate, considering they had brought the others here...

He brought his flag down firmly, triumphantly, for the camera to plainly see...

Untitled4-4.jpg

OOC: In case you're wondering, here's a link to the post where the flag was designed.

OOC: A bit pixelated, isn't it? =P

IC: The astronaut recorded the event and, once Anderson had planted the flag, saluted. "A glorious moment for Promised Land."

[The Chairman's office

Very secret]

"Sir."

"Yes?"

"The first of the special satellites is in Orbit."

"Ahh, very good. Others will follow, I assume?"

"Of course. They will follow within the next weeks."

"Excellent. SOSUS?"

"Approximately 25% done."

"Good. Is there anything else?"

"Not at the moment."

"Very well. Until then."

"Until then, Chairman."

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: A bit pixelated, isn't it? =P

IC: The astronaut recorded the event and, once Anderson had planted the flag, saluted. "A glorious moment for Promised Land."

OOC: I suppose, but I still think it looks :awesome: . I could always ask Bihazard to clean it up a bit.

IC: "Indeed," Anderson replied, returning the salute. "It may be a small step, but every journey must have a first step. This is ours."

Now, having done his duty by planting the flag and making an inspiring speach, he decided it was time to return to the others.

OOC: I suppose, but I still think it looks :awesome: . I could always ask Bihazard to clean it up a bit.

IC: "Indeed," Anderson replied, returning the salute. "It may be a small step, but every journey must have a first step. This is ours."

Now, having done his duty by planting the flag and making an inspiring speach, he decided it was time to return to the others.

OOC: Bah, I'll do that meself. Won't take more than an hour.

IC: The others were currently doing experiments, while the Chairman was driving around nearby, though taking care that he doesn't accisentially fall into a crater. His wheelchair left the signature marks of exploration vehicles.

OOC: Bah, I'll do that meself. Won't take more than an hour.

IC: The others were currently doing experiments, while the Chairman was driving around nearby, though taking care that he doesn't accisentially fall into a crater. His wheelchair left the signature marks of exploration vehicles.

OOC: Ah, thanks. I appreciate that.

IC: As Anderson arrived, he noted what everone was doing.

Letting the others be for the time being, he caught up with the Chairman.

"So, did you miss me?" he asked, tapping him lightly on the shoulder.

OOC: Ah, thanks. I appreciate that.

IC: As Anderson arrived, he noted what everone was doing.

Letting the others be for the time being, he caught up with the Chairman.

"So, did you miss me?" he asked, tapping him lightly on the shoulder.

OOC: Too pixelated to fix, remaking it for superiority.

Shouldn't take too long.

IC: The Chairman turned his head towards Anderson, apparently slightly suprised.

"Oh, Anderson. I didn't expect you. Yes, I did miss you a bit."

OOC: Too pixelated to fix, remaking it for superiority.

Shouldn't take too long.

IC: The Chairman turned his head towards Anderson, apparently slightly suprised.

"Oh, Anderson. I didn't expect you. Yes, I did miss you a bit."

OOC: Again, you have my thanks.

IC: Anderson chuckled. "What? it doesn't take that long to plant a flag and say a few inspiring words..."

He took another look around. "So, do anything interesting while I was gone? Get into any mischief?"

OOC: Again, you have my thanks.

IC: Anderson chuckled. "What? it doesn't take that long to plant a flag and say a few inspiring words..."

He took another look around. "So, do anything interesting while I was gone? Get into any mischief?"

OOC: No prob.

IC: "Well, I looked at the landscape. Less impressive than I hoped for, but much better than I imagined. Unfortunately, there's not much else to do here."

OOC: No prob.

IC: "Well, I looked at the landscape. Less impressive than I hoped for, but much better than I imagined. Unfortunately, there's not much else to do here."

Anderson thought about that for a minute. "Yeah, I suppose so. Though we could look look at it like this...if we record some of this, we can send the footage to my producer-friend for the movie. And speaking of the movie...also, since we have plenty of time and not much else to fill it with, we could come up with more details for it. Sort of fill in the background, perhaps."

OOC: Wanna RP the making of the movie at some point? It would certainly be an interesting one...and of course, it would start with the announcement of auditioning for the parts.

And of course, if we do do it, to avoid making things too confusing, we could simply start another thread for it.

Anderson thought about that for a minute. "Yeah, I suppose so. Though we could look look at it like this...if we record some of this, we can send the footage to my producer-friend for the movie. And speaking of the movie...also, since we have plenty of time and not much else to fill it with, we could come up with more details for it. Sort of fill in the background, perhaps."

OOC: Wanna RP the making of the movie at some point? It would certainly be an interesting one...and of course, it would start with the announcement of auditioning for the parts.

And of course, if we do do it, to avoid making things too confusing, we could simply start another thread for it.

OOC: Sure, we can do that. And yes, a new thread would be useful.

Also.

big flag

PromisedLand02.png

And the small version.

IC: "Hmm, that's not stupid. So, what exactly do we have now? Promised Land and Saboria as evildoers, Nordland and Kyokujitsu Teikoku as protagonists, yes? Then a moonbase and plans to conquer the world. Mechas for KT, as they're originally from Japan or Korea or whatever, and what else..?"

OOC: Sure, we can do that. And yes, a new thread would be useful.

Also.

big flag

PromisedLand02.png

And the small version.

IC: "Hmm, that's not stupid. So, what exactly do we have now? Promised Land and Saboria as evildoers, Nordland and Kyokujitsu Teikoku as protagonists, yes? Then a moonbase and plans to conquer the world. Mechas for KT, as they're originally from Japan or Korea or whatever, and what else..?"

OOC: Would the small version be small enough to fit in my sig? Just so I know...

IC: "That sounds right...let's see, we do have to come up with a plausible way of having the world almost completely under our control. Let's see...Asia isn't hard, as they are already in near constant feuds in reality. We could simply have them devastated by war, with Promised Land stepping in to 'keep the peace,' while covertly keeping nations like Kyokujitsu Teikoku and Neo Japan at each other's throats. Naboo could be mercenaries and arms dealers from whom we buy any weapons we cannot develop on our own. Or perhaps have them fight Rebel Army...Anyway, Saboria would provide the 'Might' part of the equation, while Promised Land would provide the covert stuff--while publicly pretending to be against your efforts, we would keep the world's nations busy fighting among themselves."

OOC: Would the small version be small enough to fit in my sig? Just so I know...

IC: "That sounds right...let's see, we do have to come up with a plausible way of having the world almost completely under our control. Let's see...Asia isn't hard, as they are already in near constant feuds in reality. We could simply have them devastated by war, with Promised Land stepping in to 'keep the peace,' while covertly keeping nations like Kyokujitsu Teikoku and Neo Japan at each other's throats. Naboo could be mercenaries and arms dealers from whom we buy any weapons we cannot develop on our own. Or perhaps have them fight Rebel Army...Anyway, Saboria would provide the 'Might' part of the equation, while Promised Land would provide the covert stuff--while publicly pretending to be against your efforts, we would keep the world's nations busy fighting among themselves."

OOC: Ask HK47, I dunno.

IC: "That sounds very interesting. Unfortunately, I'm kinda bad at thinking of names or scenarios. I usually have advisors for that, though sillyness sometimes gets me and I name a project, for example."

To himself, he muttered, "Like project Caturday...Geez."

[Chairman's office

Very secret]

"Sir, the underground command bunker and the civilian shelters have been completed."

"That's good news. What about the satellites?"

"60% are active. We could already strike anyone we want to strike with either nukes or the tungsten rods or with both."

"Our arsenal on the ground is being disassembled, yes?"

"Yes, and quite openly, with much of the world knowing about it. While we've informed our closest allies, namely the REPO and kyokujitsu Teikoku that we're putting that arsenal into space, the rest of the world only knows we're disassembling our arsenal of conventional nukes."

"Excellent. Now, about that other project..."

"Bombe de Charlemagne?"

"Yes."

"It's going well and will be finished within the next weeks."

"The estimated yield?"

"Approximately 108 Megatons, plusminus ten."

"That's...A lot."

"Quite possibly the most powerful explosive device ever build in the history of man."

"Heheh...A shuttle will deliver it into space, yes?"

"Indeed. We'll remote-detonate it once the shuttle is safe and the bomb is approximately 500,000 kilometers away from Bob."

"And then it'll go boom and we'll measure everything it does?"

"Precisely, Sir. It'll also show our capabilities - despite our disarming - and that we're willing to do a lot to enforce our policies."

"Perfect for intimidation."

"Yes. And I'd like some people to lodge big protests or even take aggressive action. A nation like Rockport, with these pricks and their leader engineer just deserve being kicked in the rear. Steamrolling them would make me feel a lot better about the future of mankind."

"I agree. But we can't do anything without a casus belli."

"Unfortunately, yes. Ah, well. When will you be visiting Nordland?"

"Soon enough. But don't you dare to blow anything up in my absence."

"I'm not an idiot, Sir."

"Heh, I know. Just making sure. Anyways, I'll get back to my work. Good day, Monroe."

"G'day, Chairman."

Publicly, there would be several specials about the decomissioning of nuclear weapons in Saboria, though it was made clear that there apparently was one last nuclear project.

OOC: Ask HK47, I dunno.

IC: "That sounds very interesting. Unfortunately, I'm kinda bad at thinking of names or scenarios. I usually have advisors for that, though sillyness sometimes gets me and I name a project, for example."

To himself, he muttered, "Like project Caturday...Geez."

OOC: Thanks. I'll do that...

IC: "Would you rather I just think this through out loud? That way, you're not bored, and if you do actually get an idea or two, you can interject."