Cruise Missile Damage Bug

enderland

Hello,

Something is still funky with the cruise missile damage. I recently traded CMs with someone having 1.2k tech less than me, but his CMs did more damage (we both have max Sats and max Missile Defenses).

CMs don't always do max damage, sometimes they don't hit 100% and the damage falls off a bit (I Think :S)

This is correct. If the OP will provide the actual numbers it will help to confirm this.

To: boy of the corn From: Alden Peterson 6/9/2008 6:39:54 AM Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Alden Peterson. You lost 0 defending tanks 1.96 technology, and 9.82 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: boy of the corn From: Alden Peterson 6/9/2008 6:40:04 AM Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Alden Peterson. You lost 0 defending tanks 1.96 technology, and 9.82 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Alden Peterson From: boy of the corn 6/8/2008 9:57:08 PM Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by boy of the corn. You lost 10 defending tanks 2.07 technology, and 10.35 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Alden Peterson From: boy of the corn 6/8/2008 9:57:08 PM Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by boy of the corn. You lost 10 defending tanks 2.07 technology, and 10.35 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Because we have so much infra, the CMs did max damage (the only time I see them not is when nations are much lower in infra).

• 1 year later...

Obviously these numbers are a bit outdated now, but this problem still exists as it has happened a few times recently (two CMs from one day doing identical amounts of damage, but below the maximum).

If all the information above is correct then the only thing that I can think is that at the time your opponent had a Weapons Research Complex giving him a higher techbonus and you didn't?

If all the information above is correct then the only thing that I can think is that at the time your opponent had a Weapons Research Complex giving him a higher techbonus and you didn't?

Well I do not remember that long ago, but I know recently in the Karma war the same thing happened - CMs randomly did less damage one day than either the previous or next day, but did identical amounts of reduced damage. This time we calculated it and could not understand why - it wouldn't be that weird if just one's damage was off, but somehow BOTH CMs did the identical amount of damage.

edit - here are some statistics

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against Nitronia was a success. Nitronia lost 24 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 24.42 infrastructure.

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against Nitronia was a success. Nitronia lost 24 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 24.42 infrastructure.

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against Ender Land was a success. Ender Land lost 24 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 19.54 infrastructure.

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against Ender Land was a success. Ender Land lost 24 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 19.54 infrastructure.

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against CSU Ram Country was a success. CSU Ram Country lost 0 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 24.42 infrastructure.

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against CSU Ram Country was a success. CSU Ram Country lost 0 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 24.42 infrastructure.

Edited by ender land

I looked into this months ago when we talked about it on IRC and didn't see anything in the code then nor do I see anything now. The only thing that I think it could be is the random number generators acting up. I've made changes to that. Keep an eye on this and report it if it occurs again.

I looked into this months ago when we talked about it on IRC and didn't see anything in the code then nor do I see anything now. The only thing that I think it could be is the random number generators acting up. I've made changes to that. Keep an eye on this and report it if it occurs again.

Will do, but I doubt I will be encountering them any time soon seeing as I am no longer going to be playing CN ;)

Hope the numerous reports over the past year haven't been too annoying.

Cheers

Edited by ender land

• 2 weeks later...

Rather then start a new topic on the same issue I would like to add on to this.

I also am seeing, what I feel, is incorrect numbers.

Kikos27 has no Missle Defense and I also have 4 Satellites.

To: Kikos27 From: Crazymatty Date: 7/28/2009 6:26:24 AM

Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Crazymatty. You lost 0 defending tanks, 0.08 technology, and 7.44 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Kikos27 From: Crazymatty Date: 7/28/2009 6:26:29 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Crazymatty. You lost 0 defending tanks, 0.30 technology, and 7.44 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Kikos27 From: Crazymatty Date: 7/26/2009 8:59:30 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Crazymatty. You lost 15 defending tanks, 0.56 technology, and 1.55 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Kikos27 From: Crazymatty Date: 7/26/2009 8:59:37 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Crazymatty. You lost 15 defending tanks, 1.48 technology, and 7.42 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Thanks in advance to looking into it.

That often happens when you are in the lower infra ranges (like below 1k, and especially when you get much closer to ZI or no tech).

When both nations have 5k+ infra and 1k+ tech it should never happen however.

• 3 months later...

I'm going to post here since this is the same bug that is still present.

To: Totem From: Alden Peterson Date: 11/19/2009 8:15:31 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Alden Peterson. You lost 16 defending tanks, 1.58 technology, and 7.88 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Totem From: Alden Peterson Date: 11/19/2009 8:15:20 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Alden Peterson. You lost 16 defending tanks, 1.58 technology, and 7.88 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Megamind From: Alden Peterson Date: 11/19/2009 8:18:48 AM

To: Megamind From: Alden Peterson Date: 11/19/2009 8:18:53 AM

The damage is being calculated correctly, since the tank damage is right, as wellbut for whatever reason the Cruise Missile infra damage is 1/2 what it should be - the tech damage is also being calculated correctly.

10 * (1.5) * (.5) * (2) = about 15

where

1.5 = Satellite bonus

.5 = his missile defense

2 = WRC modifier (about, should be a little higher, but for this purpose it's fine)