Battle of Thermopylae

thedestro

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292625611' post='2542067']
Break it down then baby.

I lost about 2K infra and about 500 tech. That doesn't make 15K NS.

Or are you counting the navy I decommed postwar as damage?
[/quote]
Haha.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292673440' post='2542638']
If they were tracking battle reports, they'd be able to total those and get exact figures. I like to do that for my own record keeping, have full stats of damage done and taken, graphs and everything. :v:
[/quote]
I'd be interested in seeing how your data compares to Destro's.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1292714113' post='2543182']
I have some numbers.

But they are not very accurate at all. Infra/tech losses of many nations on the list were not kept track of. It's easy to get NS totals just by checking the charts, but to get accurate tech/infra totals, you have to add up every single war report since many nations have been aided or rebought tech in the middle of war. So that's why I haven't included them.

This DoW on UPN is not the Hunt. In the DoW announcement I didn't give any express CB but I did hint on it. Compressed reason is, they interfered with The Hunt.
[/quote]
So your numbers are completely unreliable. Every ruler that pays attention knows to decomm their military after the war. If you're just clicking their charts 5 days later for your fireworks show, then you've included decomm NS decreases. The last time CoJ militarized a few months ago, we increased by 200k-300k NS, when we decommed we didn't "lose" NS.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1292786218' post='2544685']
I'd be interested in seeing how your data compares to Destro's.
[/quote]
Seeing as how the only data I have is from a week of non-nuclear war at ~10-15K NS, probably not very well. :( I've been involved in the two global wars in my time here on Bob, Karma and Bipolar, but the smaller ones haven't managed to get around to me.

OOC: That reminds me, I need to re-install Sigma Plot on this machine sometime so I can keep track if another war pops up. :v:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1292786218' post='2544685']
So your numbers are completely unreliable. Every ruler that pays attention knows to decomm their military after the war. If you're just clicking their charts 5 days later for your fireworks show, then you've included decomm NS decreases. The last time CoJ militarized a few months ago, we increased by 200k-300k NS, when we decommed we didn't "lose" NS.
[/quote]

If you mean tech/infra totals, yes.

But NS probably do not include any decommed things anyway. Mainly because the last day accounted for is the last day of war and not the day right after, as well as that most of the time none of the nations being fought have a military to decom anyway. Large majority of nations I've fought only maintain soldiers, a small amount of aircraft, and nukes. Soldiers barely do anything for NS, nobody decoms nukes, and after the last day of nuke they would at most have only a handful of aircraft on hand to decom anyway. No tanks because I turtle.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1292803927' post='2545119']

But NS probably do not include any decommed things anyway. Mainly because the last day accounted for is the last day of war and not the day right after, as well as that most of the time none of the nations being fought have a military to decom anyway. Large majority of nations I've fought only maintain soldiers, a small amount of aircraft, and nukes. Soldiers barely do anything for NS, nobody decoms nukes, and after the last day of nuke they would at most have only a handful of aircraft on hand to decom anyway. No tanks because I turtle.
[/quote]
Well, Haf did say that he doesn't ordinarily keep a navy on hand, and those have an influence on NS. I'm sure he's not the only person on the planet who does the same; I've only got a nuke-proof navy myself.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292804249' post='2545125']
Well, Haf did say that he doesn't ordinarily keep a navy on hand, and those have an influence on NS. I'm sure he's not the only person on the planet who does the same; I've only got a nuke-proof navy myself.
[/quote]

I'm just making an observation here, if somebody started off with a small amount of vessels; And spent the next week being nuked and navy attacked repeatedly, you think that nation would have a significant naval NS to lose anyway?

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1292803927' post='2545119']

[/quote]
Actually, while I was fighting you I wasn't buying nukes. So every one that I fired didn't get replaced until a few days after the war was over.

It's cheaper to replenish nukes that way, you're not always buying them at the 23-nuke price or thereabouts.