Battle of Thermopylae

thedestro

[center][img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/thedestro/CN/destroflag6.png[/img]

[size="3"][u]Revenge Announcement[/u][/size][/center]

[s]The reforms I am proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.[/s]

[i][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgce06Yw2ro"]You lie![/url][/i]

It's not true. On this, our 106th day of fighting, have reached our first milestone. 500,000 NS destroyed.
[spoiler]Altheus-24421
tecumseh-18927
vanguard the great-23493
wheee-20784
ahough-17669
Sir Ross Wallace- 8922
Roy the mighty- 17307
Haflinger- 15189
zetsumei-5215
Don Vox: 24959
bell1649: 16398
allan: 14241
gastonia: 8959
stormhaven: 9180
Sephirdorf: 21818
Indian Emperor: 16498
Alexander the Second: 21291
bell1649: 11852
derek004: 13923
scottyholmes: 12746
Zombie Glaucon: 10695
bakja: 12670
guus87: 12370
magicspoon: 10875
durant12: 17391
President Dana: 9005
Tyler mattingly: 11204
canfor25: 11857
sephirdorf(2x): 10880
matthieu2: 2559
Brendan: 5774
canfor25(2x):10274
nick381: 13476
madbadger: 9997
durant12(2x)*:
sephirdorf(3x)*=
magicspoon(2x)*=
brendan(2x)*=

473359 /madbadger
*= war in progress[/spoiler]

Let the war of attrition begin

-destro, Revenger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1292582317' post='2541753']
Agreed. 1/2 a mil in damaged by one nation? Pretty freaking ridiculous.
[/quote]

Two nations currently. I believe that at the height of this rogue group it was 6 members.
Let's be honest though, with the multi billion warchest and the tactics used i doubt [i]any[/i] alliance would do better.

I still think these actions are rather pathetic.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292583550' post='2541757']
Two nations currently. I believe that at the height of this rogue group it was 6 members.
Let's be honest though, with the multi billion warchest and the tactics used i doubt [i]any[/i] alliance would do better.

I still think these actions are rather pathetic.
[/quote]
I know that currently there is an embargo on fun in the game and I'll possibly be ZI'd for mentioning it, but I gotta know...why is it pathetic? Is it because he doesnt have a "proper" cb? Because ya know...aiding a rogue(NSO v RoK and co war), a pre-emp strike(TOP-CnG war) and moralism( \m/- NpO war) are sooooo much better reasons than a personal grudge. Is it because its your ally? Would it be ok if it was some random alliance you weren't connected too?

My time going rogue was easily the most fun I've ever had in the game and Destro has my full support :awesome:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1292586191' post='2541766']
I know that currently there is an embargo on fun in the game and I'll possibly be ZI'd for mentioning it, but I gotta know...why is it pathetic? Is it because he doesnt have a "proper" cb? Because ya know...aiding a rogue(NSO v RoK and co war), a pre-emp strike(TOP-CnG war) and moralism( \m/- NpO war) are sooooo much better reasons than a personal grudge. Is it because its your ally? Would it be ok if it was some random alliance you weren't connected too?

My time going rogue was easily the most fun I've ever had in the game and Destro has my full support :awesome:
[/quote]

Because of the lengthy petty grudges. Something I've always despised.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292587512' post='2541770']
[/quote]

...I won't comment on whether or not destro has made a brilliant political move.

However, lengthy petty grudges are the only reason this planet sees war and is ever any fun at all, so despising them seems counter-productive unless you're in a neutral alliance.

Edited by EViL0nE

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292587512' post='2541770']
[/quote]
Ohhhhh you mean kinda like the world holding a grudge against the NPO for years and then finally bringing the Karma war about...got ya

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1292593229' post='2541798']
Ohhhhh you mean kinda like the world holding a grudge against the NPO for years and then finally bringing the Karma war about...got ya
[/quote]

No, this goes deeper than that.

Grudges against NPO were for the most part politically motivated. Envy if you will to obtain the position of power held by NPO.
If the grudges had been of the same calibre than Karma would still be raging today.

This is solely to hurt otherwise decent folks (although one may not always like them or agree with their decisions). It has gone far beyond payback and therefore it has become petty.

[quote name='TheyCallMeJeezy' timestamp='1292599914' post='2541832']
He should have never been allowed out of anarchy but as far as damage goes you can't really prevent that.
[/quote]

Really? Because MK and co. ran into an entire alliance of these and didn't perform quite as pathetic as UPN is now. In fact UPN shouldn't be ashamed of itself, it should just disband and save itself the trouble of losing any more NS than its worth.