Is there a trick to stopping flooding?

quigon jinn

[quote]9/23/2010
10/23/2010 Flooding has become a problem in your nation due to the recent heavy rains. Option selected. See Current Response.

Option 1: Take action and build dams and levees in the areas prone to flooding. Citizen income -$5.00.[/quote]

This is like the fourth time I've gotten this event in four months.

Is there something I'm missing that makes my nation particularly vulnerable to flooding or negative events? I think I've gotten about 10 bad ones to the one good one so far... I don't get it :( But it's incredibly frustrating to almost always have at least one negative event and often more...

[quote name='quigon jinn' timestamp='1285251554' post='2462152']
This is like the fourth time I've gotten this event in four months.

Is there something I'm missing that makes my nation particularly vulnerable to flooding or negative events? I think I've gotten about 10 bad ones to the one good one so far... I don't get it :( But it's incredibly frustrating to almost always have at least one negative event and often more...
[/quote]

Events are random.

It's unfortunate that my people are too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

I mean, I can understand getting flooded once or twice, but four times? Doesn't make sense that I cannot do anything about it.

meh, I guess events are just an NPE part of the game. The bright side is that I can minimize the number of chances I get for them by paying bills only once every 10 days and collecting every 15-20?

[quote name='quigon jinn' timestamp='1285257733' post='2462215']
It's unfortunate that my people are too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

I mean, I can understand getting flooded once or twice, but four times? Doesn't make sense that I cannot do anything about it.

meh, I guess events are just an NPE part of the game. The bright side is that I can minimize the number of chances I get for them by paying bills only once every 10 days and collecting every 15-20?
[/quote]

It's kinda like RL actually. Americans are stupid with credit cards, your guys are stupid with dams. :P

It's just random.