An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1285717334' post='2467336']
Trying to build our nations, stay active and manage our nations [i]was[/i] what DF was trying to do until OP decided to tech raid us. As for the rest of the inactives that parked their nations, they did that on their own [i]after[/i] they had their fun.

Your nations that are in range will always be twice our top NS range. Most of our declares have so far been up declares. Also, from what I gather in the number of players continuing the fight, the numbers are about equal although OP still has all other advantages.

Are you guys actually complaining about an unfair fight?
[/quote]
50 v 30 (or there abouts) and you got annihalated that says you werent doing any of thsoe things, please have fun trying and failing to win with 50 on 10 though.

Edited by spearo

[quote]Trying to build our nations, stay active and manage our nations was what DF was trying to do until OP decided to tech raid us. As for the rest of the inactives that parked their nations, they did that on their own after they had their fun. [/quote]

I cant speak for the rest of DF but both of my targets had 0 casualties/full seniority before the war began. These "internal gladiator fights" were hardly an issue. I think it has to do with experience, the more rounds you play the more experience you will get, and then you will become better builders and have many more top tier nations. All nations start with equal money and equal oppurtunity in this game, so this war wasnt really unfair or a "tech raid".

[quote name='spearo' timestamp='1285723153' post='2467465']
50 v 30 (or there abouts) and you got annihalated that says you werent doing any of thsoe things, please have fun trying and failing to win with 50 on 10 though.
[/quote]
Come along now, the stats from the start of this war were posted when it began. I find it hypocrisy for any member of OP to try and put this as a fair war at any point. You guys picked an incredibly easy target, this was the biggest down-declare of the round so far. It was a very poor show.

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1284612577' post='2455539']We had our first interaction with Destructor Fleets at the end of the last round. Several of their nations declared on some of ours, but it was pretty much dismissed as 'end of round fun'.

Unfortunately for them, it put them on the OP radar.[/quote]
That implies this war was a payback war for last round.
Probably not, but as good a reason as any so far for this massive down declare.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:54 AM, 7 hours after the DoW was posted:
OP average ns: 3,906, [b]33 nations over 2000ns, 25 over 3,000[/b].
DF average ns: 1,441, [b]10 nations total over 2000ns, none over 3000[/b].

This was a huge down declare for OP, there's no other way to characterize it. When DF characterizes this as an alliance-wide tech raid - they are right. Here are stats posted from the night the war began, and since OP weas bulking up for war, theirs went up between this time and war's start - while DF's did not:

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1284654910' post='2455828']
This was taken 6 hours before update. So a little bulking up had taken place....

[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/thomasj_tx/DFvsOP.jpg[/img][/quote]

Comments on numbers of nations mean little when NS is taken into account. Look at the bolded part for example - when one alliance has members literally twice as big as the other alliance's members, nation numbers mean nothing. If I had to bet, based on NS alone - OP could have hit both DF AND tW and won. I think the nation-per-nation NS numbers are that skewed, which is merely a testimony to how well OP builds and it's nations stay active. OP would have been nuked a few times at least if that had happened tho lol.

I like OP and respect them for what they've done in the past. They are excellent builders and excellent fighters. But I'll also say there was little respectable about this war declaration. DF never had a chance when it started - hence why I respect their decision to continue fighting now just to be ornery lol.

Well fellas (OP), I say no need to justify or rationalize our actions to those who have a beef, or want their whine and cheese with what went down. They are not in our alliance and as such have no say in internal politics. It is what it is. Don't give them a soapbox to kneel on. You all know what they say about opinions...

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1285703295' post='2467091']

I see that other nations are joining in on the lower rank to fight DF. At least one of them from Duck Roll. That's interesting...
[/quote]
OP / Duckroll.? Who wants a list of who moved from OP to Duckroll last round to this.
Maybe the guy just forgot which alliance he was in, I need to go check who it is.

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1285706357' post='2467134']
You are reading [u]WAY[/u] too into it.

The Original post is just a non-white peace post.

The monkeys just made the 'game on' more entertaining.

A 'The Monkees' DoW could potentially be entertaining though...wonder if there are any 'Davey Jones with machine gun' or 'Peter Tork with a rocket launcher' images out there?
[/quote]
I like to read things the way I actually read them, then think outside the box.
Michael Nesmith's mother invented some correction fluid if I recall so there is a tie in there on the "correction fluid" angle.
I think she marketed it as "Mistake Out" so we have another possible tie in, but I'm pretty sure she may have considered calling it "White Peace" or "White Piece" at some stage...... Piece Out even, who knows. :blink:

[quote name='Son of Taeper' timestamp='1285758758' post='2468164']
I think she marketed it as "Mistake Out" so we have another possible tie in, but I'm pretty sure she may have considered calling it "White Peace" or "White Piece" at some stage...... Piece Out even, who knows. :blink:
[/quote]

Now THAT is what I call reading into it!!!

Procol Harum = monkey with gun = The Monkees = Peter Nesmith = Mrs. Nesmith = White out = white peace.

It's like the 7 degrees of TE!

I don't know that I can deliberately be so cryptic, but I'm glad you're giving me the credit.

For now, the comic value of a monkey about to whack a dude with a stick works just fine for me.

Edited by the wompus

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1285761099' post='2468182']
Now THAT is what I call reading into it!!!

Procol Harum = monkey with gun = The Monkees = Peter Nesmith = Mrs. Nesmith = White out = white peace.

It's like the 7 degrees of TE!

I don't know that I can deliberately be so cryptic, but I'm glad you're giving me the credit.

For now, the comic value of a monkey about to whack a dude with a stick works just fine for me.
[/quote]
Just monkey with stick?
How could I miss that :blink::P

Edit- Oh yeah, enjoy your wars!

Edited by Son of Taeper

[b]Soap Box[/b]
Just to say that 'Clash' has got this bang on.
Last round we had a fair fight with OP that they lost and it seems they have held a grudge and carried it over to this round (who cares!).
This round they monitored the gladitor competition we held internally and waited until it was over and we were at our lowest point and declared on us (very brave, but it's TE so fair game I suppose) and we didn't call on reinforcements when we got annihilated.
Now just because we want to carry on the fight, OP don't like it and call on their close friends (oh er!) to help.
It's only a game and pixels are not real. 'Don't Panic' as we say.
Been playing TE from round 3 and have never come across a bigger bunch of whingers (guess I'm whinging as well now :lol1: )
[b]Soap Box over[/b]

Edited by Caesar123

[quote name='Caesar123' timestamp='1285843046' post='2469612']
This round they monitored the gladitor competition we held internally and waited until it was over and we were at our lowest point and declared on us (very brave, but it's TE so fair game I suppose) and we didn't call on reinforcements when we got annihilated.
[/quote]

Just looked at DF's 30 strength history, it looked like their highest point to me.

[quote name='Caesar123' timestamp='1285843046' post='2469612']
[b]Soap Box[/b]
Just to say that 'Clash' has got this bang on.
Last round we had a fair fight with OP that they lost and it seems they have held a grudge and carried it over to this round (who cares!).
Now just because we want to carry on the fight, OP don't like it and call on their close friends (oh er!) to help.
It's only a game and pixels are not real. 'Don't Panic' as we say.
Been playing TE from round 3 and have never come across a bigger bunch of whingers (guess I'm whinging as well now :lol1: )
[b]Soap Box over[/b]
[/quote]

History revision and uninformed.

But all is cool! :D