SoTW #13: Voting

Marneus Calgar

CN-ART SoTW #123: Voting  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1281587025' post='2412213']
Less than two weeks, but still before you announced the theme for this week. Whatever, though.
[/quote]
This week's theme was actually given to me by an IRON member, the last day of the SOTW 12 Voting. :P

Edited by Davian Thule

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1281591160' post='2412337']
This week's theme was actually given to me by an IRON member, the last day of the SOTW 12 Voting. :P
[/quote]

Some one just got burned badly.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281552352' post='2411381']
Voted for Lionheart. Everyone else were not original at all. And I've seen Davian wear his as a sig for a couple of weeks now.
[/quote]

Ar you sure? What do you mean by original? That one ought to have made all the graphics themselves? Drawn them by hand, then scanned the images for the renders?

I am damn sure my submission has not been used as a sig ever. I made it specifically for this contest.

[spoiler]
here is my base image. it took more than a hour to cut out the render, and the rest of the sig is my work too.
[img]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5022/shehulk5b15d.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1281595486' post='2412436']
Ar you sure? What do you mean by original? That one ought to have made all the graphics themselves? Drawn them by hand, then scanned the images for the renders?

I am damn sure my submission has not been used as a sig ever. I made it specifically for this contest.

[spoiler]
here is my base image. it took more than a hour to cut out the render, and the rest of the sig is my work too.
[/quote]
I meant the format.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1281630487' post='2412817']
Could you elaborate?
[/quote]
Sure. Basically when people make their images they do it in the same format:
The character. Some people will put a stroke or a glow or a shadow on it, to make it look better. Next is where people start to follow the same format. The background. Most people will pick something that goes along with their image, usually the face of the character or some colors to go along with their outfit and make it look good. This isn't bad, it's just bland.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281633196' post='2412857']
Sure. Basically when people make their images they do it in the same format:
The character. Some people will put a stroke or a glow or a shadow on it, to make it look better. Next is where people start to follow the same format. The background. Most people will pick something that goes along with their image, usually the face of the character or some colors to go along with their outfit and make it look good. This isn't bad, it's just bland.
[/quote]

That's called design. The background has to fit together with foreground, otherwise the two don't fit together and it winds up looking chaotic and confusing, and well, bad. I suppose every once in a while there come people that don't like the clean, put together look, and I guess that's you. Not that your sig follows what you preach.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1281634745' post='2412887']
That's called design. The background has to fit together with foreground, otherwise the two don't fit together and it winds up looking chaotic and confusing, and well, bad. I suppose every once in a while there come people that don't like the clean, put together look, and I guess that's you. Not that your sig follows what you preach.
[/quote]

I'm not saying that the foreground shouldn't match the background. And I do like clean put together looks, it's just that Lionheart's is different, yet pleasing to the eye without the background. If it wasn't for his then I would have voted for yours, because it looks great. And my amazing sig is a Skygreenchick's piece of work.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281635318' post='2412897']
I'm not saying that the foreground shouldn't match the background. And I do like clean put together looks, it's just that Lionheart's is different, yet pleasing to the eye without the background. If it wasn't for his then I would have voted for yours, because it looks great. And my amazing sig is a Skygreenchick's piece of work.
[/quote]

You did say that though, "Most people will pick something that goes along with their image". And I don't know, it might just be me, but my designer side gets a huge headache from Lionheart's. I'm not saying it's not good, I just don't like it, haha. <3 SGC.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1281635535' post='2412902']
You did say that though, "Most people will pick something that goes along with their image". And I don't know, it might just be me, but my designer side gets a huge headache from Lionheart's. I'm not saying it's not good, I just don't like it, haha. <3 SGC.
[/quote]

Yeah I did, heh. Bad phrasing on my part.

I just like original things.

[/quote]

I agree. I love Lionheart's concept, and it's cool looking, but I do actually get a headache looking at it.

[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment I think. I like yours but my designer side gets a headache because yours is pretty bland. But its still cool.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1281595486' post='2412436']

[spoiler]
[/quote]
Its the hair man, the hair kill...

Thats why I stopped using characters with long flowing hair in my sigs...

My stock image was this one: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=27

I used two c4ds; the lightening (although it's been warped and duplicated several times) and the background "lines". The rest is smudging, lots of blurring, and some filters.

[quote name='SinOfNemesis' timestamp='1281743621' post='2415048']
I heard that, Masterof9puppets. <_<
[/quote]

Hey, don't you call me by my full name, missy :P I was pointing out that it "didn't practice what you preach", meaning that the background had images related to the foreground in it.