Spy Rolls Poll

iamthey

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

tl;dr most of it. I did infact read the first few posts. Interesting perspective.

If already mentioned, ignore.
To prevent the problems of instant failure of spyrolls, you could make it to where the spyrolls increase/decrease your overall chances of success rather than dumping all odds. Take it, leave it. I don't care.

This would add strategy whether you should spyroll or not to spyroll to screw up your current odds of the spy attack.

Edited by Thissstupid

In the spy rolls conundrum the two sides' arguments about defenders arguing against stats and no RP, and attackers arguing about having to deal with too much RP thus slowing them down could actually be sorted out in a far more amicable manner.

Why is it that attackers are hell bent on doing something totally at the disadvantage of the defender? The rhetoric of victory at any cost, as some have espewed here are nothing if not hollow. I just have a single suggestion, war or spy, talk to the person who is ICly your opposition. Just because you guys are in an IC war that does not mean you have to launch an OOC vendetta against that person too?

If you just talked to that person, perhaps a method can be figured out to advance and the RP could be assisted by the spy rolls decision.

On the corollary, the defender must also realize that his nation can not be absolutely impregnable. There is no absolutely secure system. Just as you expect your attacker to show a modicum of OOC respect to you, grant them the same respect. IC war should not be fought OOCly, under the claims of "Victory at any cost"

Blowing my own trumpet I would like to relate a tiny example : In the HoI war thread, one of my armored divisions had to pass Vienna on its deployment. Meanwhile Lynneth had been RPing a mass exodus of civilians from the city. There had been an argument about the city limits as RPd by him, and he consented to create a map. Now seeing this map, I RP'd accordingly. I RPd facing insurmountable obstacle in the form of the torrent of cars and thus shooting the railings and going cross country.

Half the problems in CNRP would be solved if the players stopped being crass to each other. A little bit of courtesy and respect can go a long way in creating an RP that is fun for all sides.

[quote name='Thissstupid' timestamp='1281329188' post='2406458']
tl;dr most of it. I did infact read the first few posts. Interesting perspective.

If already mentioned, ignore.
To prevent the problems of instant failure of spyrolls, you could make it to where the spyrolls increase/decrease your overall chances of success rather than dumping all odds. Take it, leave it. I don't care.

This would add strategy whether you should spyroll or not to spyroll to screw up your current odds of the spy attack.
[/quote]

Weird name, but good suggestion.