A debate on accepting nations at war

Sardonic

Pretty standard i suppose.

If they are in a war we go talk to the attacking alliance. We try to get them to peace out but won't make a whole lot of drama if they don't want to. When it's a raid we do expect it to be over after the war expires though from that moment on they are under our protection against repeat raids.

In case of ZI, PZI, EZI, ghostbusting or rogue killing we try to get them peace but in the end it's up to the alliance they have the problems with to deal with them as they feel best.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1280079827' post='2388419']
I think the short answer would be, war not really, tech raids yes.

Because of the nature of a tech raid, and the fact that the tech raider slogan is pretty much "They should have joined an alliance" People pretty much expect a quick peaceing out as soon as the target picks up a legit AA. Its also generally expected that since the tech raiders launched aggressive attacks they take responsibility for avoiding needless drama and just move on to another open target. Guy gets his peace and the raider gets his warslot open again for a new target, everybody wins.
[/quote]

Seems to be fine in theory, heh. About all I can figure is that somewhere along the line everyone involved in this mess decided to be stiff-necked prigs.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1280084623' post='2388528']
okay, the fact that he forgot to take out how they wrote it for him is pretty funny. i had a good laugh at that. as for defending his alliance mates, declaring a war on the alliance attacking them is just that. the fact that he hopped after that is a !@#$%* move and i already said as much. [/quote]

Fair enough, I couldn't bring myself to wade through the whole thread.

[quote]actually, i have stated several times that it depends on the situation. what i did not like was being told to ignore key information which changes the situation. since whether or not accepting a nation at war depends on the situation, if i change that situation the answer could very well change. this really has nothing to do with GOONS until i kept getting told to either ignore a key piece of info, or told i am stupid because i refuse to ignore said piece of info and therefore my answer does not match what Sardonic wanted to hear. [/quote]

Fair enough, again. Even if this is indeed supposed to be just academic, the timing isn't real good for it.

[quote]actually i am not trying at all. that is truly what i hear with most of GOONS posting. You actually posted something debating me. Not telling me that i am either dumb, should ignore this or that piece of the story, or that GOONS are in fact not telling me to ignore this or that piece of the story, or other general crap like that. so after a while, it just all seems like GOONS members crying instead of trying to debate me. [/quote]

You get out what you put in usually with GOONS. But here you're getting out what a bunch of other people put in with all the rage and screaming before you started posting- most of the GOONS people probably just see you as another face in the mob of people shouting about how evil they are.