Strategic Defense Initiative

The Strategic Defense Initiative claims to reduce the odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 60%. That may be true, but the problem is that there is no "harm" to the nation that launched an unsuccessful attack. They do not lose the nuke. A nation can just relaunch over and over again, within seconds, until they finally get a successful outcome. There is absolutely no deterrent effect with the SDI.

Last round I bought the SDI (admittedly a stupid move in retorspect) and twice had attacks where the first 5 attempts were unsuccessful but the 6th one was a success. And the 6 attacks came from a nation with only 3 nukes and the time between the first launch and the last was about 2 minutes.

If someone launches a nuke against a nation, successful or not, they should first lose the nuke and second not be allowed to launch again until the next day.

As it now stands, the SDI is one of the most expensive Wonders and requires 6 other Improvement slots yet it is totally ineffective.

Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this since I can.

I am surprised with the lack of responses, either way.

Must mean that I have a valid point. :P

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='06 July 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1278471035' post='2362017']
For every nuke you fire, you lose said nuke. So your approach is wrong.
[/quote]

That is the way it should be, but not the actual way it is.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' date='06 July 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1278472724' post='2362052']
That is the way it should be, but not the actual way it is.
[/quote]

Do you have any proof? Because I've used nukes in TE, they've been blocked by SDIs, and I've lost the nukes.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='06 July 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1278473741' post='2362070']
Do you have any proof? Because I've used nukes in TE, they've been blocked by SDIs, and I've lost the nukes.
[/quote]

I wished I took screen shots from last round. I had an attacker that had 3 nukes. S/he tool 4-5 shots at me. The last hit. And S/he still had 2 nukes after the successful one.

Maybe we need Admin to weigh in on this. Because if what I am sure I have experienced, meeds fixing.

I will be sure to take screen shots next time. :D

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' date='06 July 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1278478415' post='2362133']
I wished I took screen shots from last round. I had an attacker that had 3 nukes. S/he tool 4-5 shots at me. The last hit. And S/he still had 2 nukes after the successful one.[/quote]
Hmm, weird. When I've fired nukes at a nation with an SDI in the past I've lost the nuke when they failed, like lonewolf has. I'm thinking maybe you go hosed badly somewhere lol

• 7 months later...

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1278478415' post='2362133']
I wished I took screen shots from last round. I had an attacker that had 3 nukes. S/he tool 4-5 shots at me. The last hit. And S/he still had 2 nukes after the successful one.

Maybe we need Admin to weigh in on this. Because if what I am sure I have experienced, meeds fixing.

I will be sure to take screen shots next time. :D
[/quote]

Maybe the nation who was trying to nuke you had 9 nukes and lost 5 and hit you the 6th time. Evidently that would make sense.