Chihuahua Summit

Californian

Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl pulled out a map that detailed the area to the northeast of Himynamistan: San Luis Potosi, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas.

"We have historic interests in restoring the Nahuatl language family to the government of Himynamistan, as you all know, and the areas to the northeast of our nation in the protectorate area are, of course, our ancient homeland of Aztlan. They are part of the people of Anahuac, and should be rightfully joined with the people of Himynamistan.

"The states of Sonora, Chihuahua, and Coahuila, while part of the Spanish-speaking world, are not part of the Greater Nahuatl-speaking area. We fully support the establishment of the Amerikanisches Reich in those states, as we know the Reich will provide a strong sense of order to those otherwise mostly lawless regions.

"As for the claims of the Zapatistas... well, we do not find their claims to Northern Mexico to be legitimate, but we would be willing to form a co-dominium with them over Nuevo Leon and possibly create some autonomous districts for them to administrate in our own provinces of Puebla and Michoacan."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"[i]Nuestro entorno ideal no es el norte, que se originan en el sur, pero el gobierno no ha sido difícil moverse de permitir ningún tipo de autonomía para su pueblo. Nos hemos movido la base de operaciones, por así decirlo, hacia el norte. Si bien lo ideal me gustaría que el zapatismo se aplica a todas las áreas del mundo, debo hacer hincapié en que la gente de estas tierras, especialmente, han estado buscando una liberación de sus luchas. Un compañero de la dominación de la administración de ideas afines, sin embargo, no sería mal vista acerca por el Ejército.[/i]"

("Our ideal environment is not the north, we originate from the south, but the government there has been hard to budge from allowing any autonomy for its people. We have moved the base of operations, so to speak, to the north. While ideally I would like to see Zapatismo applied to all areas of the world, I must stress that the people of these lands especially have been seeking a liberation from their struggles. A co-dominance of like-minded administration, however, would not be frowned about by the Army.")

Otto peered across the map and frowned a bit, "We actually had an interest in the opposite regions. The regions, San Luis Potosi, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas are some of the ones we desired and not so much the western ones. But we won't push for it now I suppose, we're grateful to get a footing back."

Otto leaned back, muttering something in German to himself.

Edited by Otto Verteidiger

[i]"Eso es bueno, mi hermano de armas..."[/i]

We of Himynamistan will help the Zapatistas set forward on their path of self-determination by sharing administration of Nuevo Leon, and the southernmost portions of Puebla and Michoacan.

"We of Himynamistan are pleased that the representative of Amerikanisches Reich is so reasonable and pleasant. We trust they shall keep order in the desert regions and will prove to be a good neighbor to our north. We would be happy to provide them with security under our nuclear umbrella, should they so desire. Huitzilopochtli can be generous to his friends. Moreover, wait, hold on."

Zzzptm's Crackberry had been buzzing for the last 10 seconds. He picked it up and took the call. "Yes, what's the problem?... Well, that's why it's [i]compulsory[/i] service. We're not running a daisy farm, here... Well, if they keep filing lawsuits, call up their lawyers for service, too... All right... I'm still in a meeting... OK... Yes, the new fighters are fine... Uh-huh... OK, that'll have to wait... OK... OK... Yes... OK, goodbye."

He ended the call. "Sorry, that was my Minister of Defense. I had to take that call. But, yes, Huitzilopochtli, the God of War, can be generous to his friends."

Otto turned to Holihan, "I am sorry, offense was not intended. Those requirements are fine. And well.. if no one has objections to the lands allocated to the Reich then I think we're content. We'll start organizing..."

Turning to Zzzptm, "I'm sure the nuclear defense umbrella will only be needed temporarily but it's appreciated, we'll accept the offer."

[i]"Perhaps we can reach a compromise,"[/i] Cannon said, drawing out a map.

[img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1149/mexicosplit.png[/img]

Himynamistan would be allowed SLP and the lower half of Tamaulipas due to cultural connection and desire to have a Gulf of Mexico Port.
The Amerikanisches Reich would be allowed the upper half of Tamaulipas, Coahuila, and Nuevo Leon because of their strong connection to these regions.
Finally, Chiapas would be allowed to govern the states of Sonora and Chihuahua.

Otto shook his head, "I misread the key and colors. I thought you were going off the territories Zzzptm seemed to want to allow us to have. Your division is more favorable to what we desire, so we accept this as well." Otto shook his head and stared back, embarrassed a bit.

OOC: I got mixed up, whoops.

[i]The Zapatistas get the Yaqui and Apache homelands? They must really want Tahoe to go down hard... Once those Yaqui and Apaches get organized, it'll be murderous north of the border... This will be [b]fascinating[/b]![/i]

"We agree to these changes and welcome the new dynamics to the region. We pledge to respect the territorial integrity of our neighbors and promise to aid them any time they should request help. I must say that this has been a wonderful conference and that we live in splendid times."

[i]"Excellent, I'm glad that a compromise could be reached. We are all in agreement, and I thank you for coming. I hope Atlantis can maintain prosperous relations with all your nations, please do not hesitate to call us if you need something."[/i]

After he had finished, Cannon walked over to the Emperor and handed him a letter personally written by the President.

[quote]Emperor Holihan,

I could not attend this summit personally, however I would very much like to meet with you to discuss relations between our two nations. You are more than welcome to visit me in our Capital of Grand Falls should you desire, or we could meet somewhere more to your liking.

Respectfully,

Ty Eyvindsson
President of Atlantis[/quote]

After he delivered the message, Lawrence Cannon walked over to the man from Himynamistan. [i]"Speaker Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl," [/i]he began, [i]"if you're not too tired from the previous meeting I would love to hold a private meeting between us to start a relationship between our two nations. You seem an honorable, wise nation and we would be honored to work alongside you." [/i]

Cannon was glad to know the man had agreed to join him. Th summit had certainly been hectic, different sides trying to obtain the same land, however all in all he called it a success. He hoped Zzzptm did too.

They walked together down a hallway and entered a similar conference room, albeit with less papers and sweaty middle aged men. After they had been comfortable seated, and snacks and drink had been brought in, Lawrence began to speak in an understandable, yet obviously non-fluent Spanish. [i]"Mr. Nezahualcoyotl, it's good to have the opportunity to speak with you. I'm sorry for the rusty Spanish, I certainly have not used it in a long while. Anyways, let's get down to business, shall we? We've been stewards of the Mexican land for quite some time as it had at one point degenerated into anarchy. We've allowed local government to rise and form, including yourself, and we've had absolutely no intention of taking land or attempting to manipulate the Mexican people. I hope our goodwill is clear and we are glad to see such a capable and prominent government such as yours rise once more in these proud lands. In fact, if your publications on WorldStrat are truthful, you more than likely are technologically superior to our nation. We would like to begin positive relations with your nation and also promote trade."[/i]

[quote]Mister President,

I would be more than happy to meet the man which has worked towards many of the same goals as myself, albeit indirectly and at times with questionable methods. I am not adverse in the slightest towards visiting Grand Falls and will do so as soon as you wish. We have much to discuss about the Post-Tahoe world.

Sincerely,

Kevin Holihan
Emperor.[/quote]

Edited by Shadowsage

Zzzptm sent a message to his cabinet ministers: "Start rolling into Tampico and San Luis Potosi. They're ours. Also, provide assistance to the Zapatistas and Amerikanisches Reich in whatever they need to establish their lands. They are to be treated as family."

OOC: Apologies for the late reply.

IC:

The Louisianan diplomat spoke up before the diplomats began to leave. "As with any protectorate Louisiana has, Louisiana requires that when we give land from our protectorate away, the nation acquiring the land has to sign an agreement stating that should their nation fall into anarchy, the land they received from Louisiana will be transferred back into a Louisianan, or in this case, a Louisianan-Holy American Empire-Atlantis protectorate. Should you three nations agree, Louisiana will sign off on this land transfer, if you can not agree, Louisiana will not support transferring this land."

Edited by Yawoo

The Louisianan diplomat pulled three sheets of paper from his briefcase and slid them across the table to each of the diplomats. The paper said pretty much what the Louisianan diplomat had said, should the nation fall into anarchy their lands revert back into a Louisianan-Atlantis-HAE protectorate.