Problem with environment calculation

Cyrogen

Due to the recent reintroduction of GR there appears to be a bug with the border walls environment effect...

Border Walls are meant to give you a +1 environment bonus while your environment rating is not at maximum yes?

Well at the moment its not...whats happening is that Border Walls bonus is being applied before the GR value is removed...which means that nations that get to the size where BWs actually are worth it the environment effect never gets taken into account as your environment now can never go below 1+(GR Value)...thus if your environment is at 2 to start with and GR is at a value of 1 a Border Wall gives you a +1 bonus while GR takes it away and since you cannot get a lower environment rating than 1 Border Walls now have no effect environment wise for larger nations (which is where it counts)

Border Walls - $60,000.00 - Decreases citizen count -2%, increases population happiness +2, Improves environment +1. (Does not affect Global Radiation levels)
They're doing what admin tells them to do.

Might I suggest the Suggestion Box?

Edited by Snow Dan

actually I just checked this and I have 1.03 environment rating (GR is 1.03)

shouldn't it be 2.03 because the environment rating starts at 1?

edit: forgot to say I have 3 border walls

Edited by htl2001

• 1 month later...

My environment rating is 2.33 with the GR of 1.33 and I have 5 border walls, I have never been able to change the environment score down from GR + 1 much like the OP said. I personally think it is a bug as well.

My environment rating is 2.33 with the GR of 1.33 and I have 5 border walls, I have never been able to change the environment score down from GR + 1 much like the OP said. I personally think it is a bug as well.

Border walls work correctly.

Environment: 1.30

Global Radiation: 1.30

Your nation needs land, lots of it, like 1327 miles.

Infrastructure: 4,829.99

Area of Influence: 1,088.228 mile diameter.

Land doesn't make a difference in border walls.

It's jus tthat if you have 1/3 infra as land, you get -1 environment (+half a star)

When you get to 1/2 infra as land, you get another -1 environment (+half a star), totalling up to a whole star of improvement if you have enough land.

However, +1 environment and +GR are given for every nation, so I don't think it's possible to get lower than +1+GR environment unles you have radiation cleanup.

Also, for border walls, shouldn't it say Improves environment -1?

+1 makes it confusing, since +1 implies that it becomes worse:

Border Walls - $60,000.00 - Decreases citizen count -2%, increases population happiness +2, Improves environment +1. (Does not affect Global Radiation levels)

Edited by XRCatD

• 2 years later...