Uranium happiness penalty

ratonbox

Ok, so here's how it's written [url="http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Resources_&_Trades"]here[/url]:
[quote]If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness.[/quote]
Changing my government position on nuclear weapons/energy from
[quote]We will sign the treaty in order to appease the other nation. We are opposed to all nuclear research and weapons.[/quote]
to
[quote]Our government will not sign the treaty because our nation believes in the use of nuclear technology to build power plants, however we do not promote the use of nuclear technology for weapons of mass destruction.[/quote]
when i'm at 29.30 happiness makes it go down to 28.07 .
So, that's not the -1 happiness that's "advertised".
I mention that there are no other changes done with that and i can always replicate it.

IIRC, environment can have an effect on happiness -- and Uranium comes with a +1 environment penalty, which (assuming I recall correctly), would cause your nation's happiness to drop.

[quote]Environment - Environment consists of a nation's nature and surrounding conditions as well as its social and political atmosphere. Environment effects both your nations population [b]happiness[/b] and population count. There are numerous variables in the environment bar which include some of the connected resources (imported coal, oil, and [b]uranium[/b] bring your environment down), a nations tech level, infrastructure to land ratio, military to population ratio, not having access to water, certain government types, your responses to the drug and immigration government policy questions, owning nuclear weapons, etc... The better your environment the more citizens you get and the happier your total population will be. Since nations can never change their default resources nations are not penalized for their default coal, oil, or uranium resources. Only if those resources are brought in through trades does the nation get the environment penalty.[/quote]

Edited by Sakura

[quote name='Sakura' date='12 April 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1271112676' post='2257841']
IIRC, environment can have an effect on happiness -- and Uranium comes with a +1 environment penalty, which (assuming I recall correctly), would cause your nation's happiness to drop.
[/quote]

I think that is it.

Although now you get a nice income boost that is much better than then the penalty, like 3 times better.

Yep, that seems to be the problem. But shouldn't that environment penalty be there even with the first government choice? It's a bit counter-intuitive. I mean, you still have uranium "imported" in your nation. But I guess that subject is for the suggestion box.

Edited by ratonbox