The Consortium

Renji15

Sorry for the noobish question, but 2 years ago when I last played CN, there was a website called the consortium that was used for tech dealing and trading. Is it still around? If it's not, what happened to it?

I remember hearing about it two years ago. It was a joint project among some alliances. I believe FARK was involved as was MHA, FCC and NATO. It was already gone by the time I joined NATO on November 30, 2008.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the Unjust War did a lot to finally end it.

[url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=78994&st=0"]Old Reference:[/url]
[quote]Mostly Harmless Alliance joined FCC, NATO, and Farkistan at The Consortium, Aqua’s latest Tech Trading Post. The Consortium was established on July 15th, 2007 as a way to promote friendliness and trade between participating alliances. Since then it has completed, 14 succesful 3v3 tech deals. It's a fun place guaranteed to make you a buck. Those wishing to participate in The Consortium may contact PhysicsJunky.[/quote]

Another one: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=80854&hl=

Edited by Duncan King

Haha, the Consortium, that brings back memories. The FCC and Fark spearheaded it (particularly PhysicsJunky) - I believe NATO and MHA were mostly there as Trident allies with lots of sellers but they weren't particularly active. It was a cool little political coup on the FCC's part as Fark then was under terms from the GOONS and we manage to convince DaemonVower to let us trade (I think there was a provision to let GOONS deal there as well but they never showed). At its peak there were sellers from several alliances and buyers from mostly Citadel alliances. It gradually became less active as alliances began to internalize their tech selling and as PhysicsJunky and the other admins moved on to other alliances. I'll page PJ so he can reminisce more accurately and at greater length though. :P

Arcturus Jefferson's story covers most of it. It was a very different time in CN. I wouldn't go as far as to say I convinced DV to let Fark trade but there was definite footwork in securing his approval and an organized effort with Fark to get them tech selling. It took at lot of my, and later some other poor folks, time in securing enough tech sellers once Fark started buying instead of trading. At the end of the day if you're going to dump that much intelligent time into something it ought to be founding an alliance.