The Orange Review

The AUT

I find this review satisfactory, however you have neglected several interesting facts about the world-popular navel orange:
[list]
[*]Originated from a single mutated sweet orange
[*]Mutation involves a smaller "conjoined twin" orange contained mostly within the peel except for a tiny bulb (where the "navel" name comes from)
[*]Mutation made it seedless, and therefore sterile. Hence the only way for it to continue was to cut from the original tree and graft onto other trees. All navel oranges are genetically identical clones of the original tree's fruit.
[/list]

[quote name='James I' date='19 February 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1266608205' post='2192320']
Perhaps he hasn't had mandarins. To review them would make him a hypocrite.
[/quote]

Yes.

Also, Sunstar, I'm going to offer you a tall orange glass of shut yo mouth, from concentrate. :D

Navel oranges are alright, although sometimes they have an aftertaste. However, you can't go wrong with mandarins, Chinese or Japanese. I liked the taste of blood orange as well.

I shall have to try the other oranges though. Orange is my favourite fruit, followed by strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries.