A life of a prisoner

King Kevz

"Up you all get, its time for work!!" shouted one of the many guards down the corridors of the prison, stirring in her sleep Valerie turned away from the door and tried to ignore the bellowing voice. The voice however, got louder and louder as the guard approached her cell on his morning wake up rounds, he came to a stop before her cell door and banged on it loudly before wrenching it open.

"Rise and shine pretty princess, its time for you to start your first work shift. It promises to be fun at least for me" said the guard with a laugh as he waited for Valerie to climb out of bed and to change into her prison uniform all the time grinning like a child in a candy store. As soon as she was finished he stepped outside the cell and beckoned for Valerie to follow with that grin still plastered all over his face.

Sighing quietly to herself Valerie cursed the fact that John had been sent out on her first work day. She had never done hard labour and her body wouldn't be ready for it and John that !@#$%^& knew it oh so very well. He lead her through the prison and out into the main yard where a number of prison buses waited for the prisoners to board. Valerie was directed to her bus by John and she joined the end of the line of prisoners as they got on the bus.

She was the last one onboard except for John who took a seat behind her, leaning forward so that his warm breath brushed against her neck causing her to shiver much to John's delight. "Oh princess you should be looking forward to your first day of labour. Today you get to help repair one of many bridges that needs structure repair work and best of all, you will be unde rmy supervision. Who knows maybe we will get some alone time" he snickered as she felt the bus start up and begin to leave the prison and all she could do was pray to some god she didn't believe in that nothing bad would happen to her.

OOC: Hope thats okay for a start Sarah, if you want to join in at anytime that would be cool.

Hans Latiiki looked out from underneath the shade off a khaki colored tent out into the burning Australian sun as he took a drag of his cigarette. As the warden of Alice Springs, he had a major responsibility for the infrastructure of his region and the unpaid labor that went along with it. All in all he didn't like his job, but someone had to do it and after dropping out of college, it was something that at least promised him a decent life. If he had to sweat every day to get there, so be it. Princes Bridge ran over a small gorge that led from the military command center as the most direct route towards the Duchy of Brisbane and the bridge had been closed for over two years due to funding in the region. It was one of the main projects that the Ministry of the Interior had prioritized and it meant that the gallons of sweat Hans had filled up in the past three months wasn't going to end any time soon.

"So what time is it and when do we get to leave?" Asked a feminine voice from the back ground. A Lillian named Clarissa Dufrane rocked back and forth on a wooded chair, fingering a Raging Nostrum injection for fun. She was attractive, but a horrible attitude, which probably was the reason that high command had stationed her over in the prison area. Not everyone was perfect after all, and for Hans who at thirty-five,weighed in the ball park of some two hundred pounds. He was thankful for the eye-candy.

"Well its only about one o'clock, so about six hours still."

Clarissa sighed. "That long? And no entertainment? Christ almighty."

"Well I mean you could go help build the bridge." Hans said slyly.

"I'd rather not, doll face. But thanks for the offer." She joined him looking out the ten flap as the guards monitored the workforce. "They move slow don't they."

"Would you move fast?"

"Faster than that."

"You know we have that woman, that Valkyrie Queen or whatever. They arrested after the Raven War."

"No kidding." Clarissa smiled. "Fresh meat?"

"The freshest."

"We perhaps something to have fun with later." The Lillian yawned and opened up her collar. "But its too hot to do anything. I'm taking a nap. Wake me when we get to leave."

God she was a pain. "Of course Lieutenant." Hans stared back out and took another drag before hollering out at the crowd. "A bit faster would be nice! You're here for punishment, not because we want you to have fun! Get moving!" Then he walked back into the tent and sat down next to a portable fan. Only six hours to go.

"A bit faster would be nice! You're here for punishment, not because we want you to have fun! Get moving!" Valerie heard from the direction of the tents behind her where the warden was bound to be resting in the shade out of this blasted heat. She couldn't believe how hot and tiring it was working in the sun, she could feel the sweat rolling off her body and causing her uniform to stick to her body and worse it was giving John a great detailed view and she could never be sure if he kept licking his lips due to the heat or because of her.

"Stop staring at me and get back to work princess, you have a lot of work to do before we finish here" shouted John to her and she cursed his name and family before turning back to the bridge support she was meant to repair. Most of the supports were being worked on by teams of prisoners but John had ensured that she was working alone for his enjoyment.

Scooping up the concrete mix which lay beside her Valerie pushed the mix into the cracks in the support and smoothed down the edges making sure any excess mix fell off into the bucket. With one crack done she moved on to the next and then the next one. She kept doing this minute after minute moving like some kind of machine with a single purpose.

John of course had to make things fun for her by walking over and tearing out the concrete mix she had used to repair the damage. Valerie knew she couldn't complain or do anything about it and so she would just go back and refill the gaps with the mix. Thus when the break was called by the warden she was well behind compared to the other prisoners and as she picked up her equipment and started the walk back to the tents she saw John already walking off ahead to report on her failure to keep up.

OOC: I just realised Sarah I have no idea how to fix a bridge haha :lol1:

OOC: This is more your thread than it is mine and since I have a lot of other threads to comment on...I'll get to it when I can. But she'll be in prison until I figure out what I'm going to do with her. Feel free to have her do what she wants, minus escape because if that happens she will be shot dead and after I talk with Subtle, she'll be informed of what her fate will be.

OOC: This is more your thread than it is mine and since I have a lot of other threads to comment on...I'll get to it when I can. But she'll be in prison until I figure out what I'm going to do with her. Feel free to have her do what she wants, minus escape because if that happens she will be shot dead and after I talk with Subtle, she'll be informed of what her fate will be.

OOC: Its cool its cool. Don't you be going and putting your self out over this thread with all your others. I have a few things in mind for Valerie none involving escaping from the prison.

Edited by King Kevz

"Out of my way!" came the angry demand later that night, once the labor had finished.

"There have never been rules about prisoners being denied visitors, so don't give me any crap about not allowed."

Intellectually, Davies knew that what Vlaerie had done was proibably for the best. He knew himself well enough to know he would have done something he seriously regretted later if she had been discovered in a place not of her own choosing.

Finally the prison guard let him past, and he himself, along with two of his own guards, co-opted from Crimson Shield, swept past with hardly more than a gruff "'thank you."

He didn't know, and frankly, he didn't care, if the warden knew about this visit. There wasn't much that man could legally do to protest anyway. Visitation was firmly guaranteed by law, unless the prisoner in question was in solitary confinement. And he doubted, from the way she had turned herself in, that such a punishment would need to be enacted against her.

He just hoped she wasn't too worn out to speak--he knew how difficult labor camps could be. He'd helped set up the system here in the furst place.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Valerie was indeed worn out and was having to fight to keep her eyes open so that she didn't fall asleep. She had just wanted to take a shower and get to sleep once they had returned from the bridge repair. She had been chewed out by the warden for doing such a terrible job and had been threatened with having to pull extra shifts to make up for it. To prove how serious he was he had John come up with some form of punishment and John had come through by making her break up rocks, just plain rocks for at least two hours.

Now she was sore and stiff even after standing under the cold water of the showers. She had wanted to cry then and she had for what seemed a long time and now she wanted to cry again but she couldn't seem to find the tears. Her whole body was exhausted and her mind was crushed, the only glimpse of hope she had was that she had overheard the guards talking about a visitor but then the darkness enveloped that hope as they joked he probally would'nt be allowed in and she would remain alone for a long long time.

So she waited silently, her hope and happiness disappearing hour by hour. By the time Westly got through to her cell she was sitting in the corner her chin rested on her knees with her eyes staring off into the corner of the cell. Her gaze was blank, as if she didn't truly see anything in front of her.

The guards opened the cell door to allow Westly inside, whilst John her tormentor watched in anger from a distance, though Valerie didn't respond to the cell door opening or to the sight of her beloved instead just sitting in the corner staring at the wall.

For now, he ignored the stares of the other prisoners. Jealousy, simple hatred, or even possibly curiosity, it didn't matter right now. His guards would notice, but they weren't allowed to follow him into the cell, so they couldn't communicate with him until later.

"I'm sorry this happened," he finally said, not sure what else he could say, sitting on the floor next to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder, simply letting her know he was there to comfort her.

"I wish there was something I could do," he said, through the rising tears.

OOC: Might want to edit that slightly Subtle as Valerie is kept in a cell away from any other prisoners.

IC: Valerie didn't reply, she just simply leaned her head over till it rested on his shoulder with her gaze still staring at the blank wall. She sat there her hands resting by her sides never making any sort of other movement. One of the guards standing outside walked away and came back a short while later with a plate on which was a small cup of water and some bread.

"Sir? She hasn't really eaten anything since she got back. So can you try and give her this?" asked the guard as he placed the plate in front of the pair and left the cell leaving the two of them alone with the food. Valerie never even looked at the food though she had givent he guard a look "that could kill" until he left and then she went back to staring at the wall.

OOC: You said John was watching. Sorry, I thought he was a prisoner. ;)

IC: He took the plate from the guard, mouthing 'thank you,' before turning back to his wife. His hand played through her hair as he spoke.

"Dear, I know it's hard, but you need to eat something. You won't be in here forever, and the children will need to know their mother is doing all right. I know they aren't very old yet, but I can tell they are just as worried as I am. And I'm doing everything I can to get you out of here."

Something Westly said must have gotten through as Valerie raised her head to look at him and then the food before reaching over and taking the bread and taking a bite from it which she chewed slowly. Swallowing that piece she managed to smile a little and reply to her man. "I miss you and the kids, I miss their little happy faces but I don't know how long I will be here for. Maybe even forever for my own safety and then I don't know if I will survive this place some of the people here are...scary".

As she spoke she looked out the door and then back to Westly before quickly finishing off the bread her hunger driving her to eat the offered food quickly. She also drank the water in one go putting the empty cup back on the plate with a short sigh.

"How are the kids doing? Are they okay?" asked Valerie turning to better see Westly and to better hear his answer, concern written all over her features.

He offered an encouraging smile, even as he made a mental note to ensure the warden kept a special eye on her, to prevent any possible mischief on the part of guards, or other prisoners. If he heard of her being mistreated in any way, the person responsible would shortly find their life taking a drastic turn for the worse.

"They're fine. They're a little subdued, and of course they miss you, but otherwise they are fine. Resse spoke her first word today, and of course Jonas, not to be outdone, copied her." Unfortunately he hadn't managed to catch it on film, but at least Valerie had been there to see their first steps--they had started walking about two months ago. He was very thankful she hadn't missed that, at least.

"She did wow and Jonas too. I wish I had been there to see it. Still at least one of us was" Valerie was going to say more but John had turned up at the doorway and even with her beloved next to her she shrank back from his gaze which still held hints of lust and anger though he was trying to hide it. He also had a nasty smile on his face and that meant he had only bad news for her.

"Okay you two lovers, visiting time is over" he then turned his gaze off of Valerie and focused on Westly "I am sorry sir but we must turn the lights out and let the prisoners get some sleep. They have a busy day tomorrow as the get to fix up a set of old apartments and it looks like a lot of manual labour is needed. Now please sir come this way" he finished pointing his arm out towards the exit of the prison whilst smiling the entire time.

Valerie didn't want Westly to go but she knew that John was right, and without thinking she leaned in and kissed him softly her hands folding around him as they kissed. They remained like that for a moment or two before breaking and as they did she saw John's face whilst Westly hadn't.

She had made a mistake and she knew she was going to pay for it tomorrow.

Westly savored the last few moments he had with his wife before he had to seperate from her.

He hadn't seen the guard's exppression, and by the time he turned around again, John's face was carefully neutral. But one didn't live with another person without being able to develop some kind of sense of how they were feeling. Valerie had tensed momentarily, just before he let go. Some sixth sense told him something was wrong, but he had no proof.

He made a mental note to ask Wallace to post some new, additional guards at this prison. He could always justify it by saying that the high-profile prisoner was sure to be the target of hostile intent, whether by guards or other prisoners.

The days passed by one by one and with eahc and every one John found some new way to abuse, hurt or ridicule her and through it all she never resisted just continuing with the labour yet it wasn't proving enough. First she had tried to think of her children but the pain and grime stripped them away, then she focused all she could on Westly by John's learing face broke that vision. Soon all she had left was fear and anger and slowly oh so very slowly anger was winning.

It happened ten days into her sentance. She had been working hard on cracking rubble on a highway after a pretty damaging pile up, she had been picked because of John and he had been allowed because she had quickly developed her muscles in her body. They had been well toned for years thanks to her previous training but little use left them lax and now they had come back and it frightened John. So to prove who was boss he had her taken to a back storage room where he was going to beat her till she was broken.

It had been easy to drag her tried frame out of her cell and down the empty corridors to the storage room, he had left the lights on and they glared down brightly from the ceiling. John threw Valerie out onto the cold floor where she crumpled, too tired to even stand. She lifted her head to stare back at John when his right hand connected with her mouth knocking her backwards and busting open her lips.

His laugh echoed through the room and into Valerie's head and in that moment a red mist fell over her eyes and she was sure that someone was talking to her. His voice, and it was a man, radiated power and control. In that moment she knew what to do and sprung to her feet, grabbing a table leg she managed to tear it away and leapt at John who only screamed in shock.

When the guards managed to follow the screams and get into the room, they found John dead on the floor his body battered and torn beyond imagination. Valerie was sitting on her legs in a puddle of John's blood a blank look in her eyes and a wicked almost evil like grin on her face. Whether she had gained her peace or gone crazy nobody would know other than herself.

OOC: Subtle or Sarah if one of you could RP the Queendom response that would be nice. I don't mind if you kill her off but I would prefer if you didn't. I have plans for the damaged Valerie.

"What the **** happened?" Westly Davies demanded.

"I assigned some new guards, just as you asked," Wallace replied. "Unfortunately, they couldn't be on watch 24/7. One of the hostile guards apparently took her away quietly, intending to teach her a lesson for insolence or something, and the next thing we know, she's snapped and he's dead. She looked like a madwoman, and she's been put in solitary confinement, for the safety of both her and the other prisoners and guards. It's looking like a case of possible insanity."

Valerie had been lead out of the storage room with her hands cuffed tightly behind her back and baton armed prison guards standing on all sides, she was still covered in blood which dripped off her uniform onto the floor as she was taken out of that part of the prison. The guards were taking no chances and made sure that she was under supervision the whole way to solitary confinement.

Arriving at solitary confinement she was put in a cell and placed under constant watch for at least two security guards whilst reports were made on her actions and results. The authorities would have also contacted Westly to inform him of her actions and whether he was okay with seeing her again sometime soon.

Valerie though never saw any of this, just moving along in a stupor. What no one could see or hear was that she was listening and talking to the voice in her head. The voice had commended her for getting rid of that person of evil and had said that she was on the way to correcting her misyakes and ensuring she had a place in Valhalla.

She wasn't sure of what Valhalla was but that didn't matter all that did was that she had the approval of the voice and he had instructed that one way or another she would leave the confines of the prison she was in and that she would carry out the work that needed to be done. He had asked her if she would be his warrior and to fulfil his needs and she had gladly agreed.

So she now waited in her cell, eating only the smallest amounts of food and never responding to any of the guards. She just sat waiting for someone important to arrive.

"Hmm...I wonder if I could make use of such a person."

Just because this man had willingly surrendered the sovereignty of his nation, didn't mean he wasn't still hard at work ensuring its survival.

He looked at the report of the incident in Alice Springs, and smiled. "Perhaps some other time," Subtleknifewielder decided. "Let's see what you're really made of, first."

----

Davies had appealed directly to Anthony Harlem, actually calling in a favor. The guards had denied him a visit, but they couldn;t prevent Anthony from seeing her if he wished.The Grand Duke had not looked happy about this, but he consented to visit with the prisoner in question.

He nodded to the guards, who looked unhappy at what was happening, but nevertheless, let him in.

He was capable of defending himself if the need arose, but they might not have known that.

As the door shut behind him, Anthony looked at the woman. "So...mind telling me what happened? Your husband is worried out of his mind."

As Anthony Harlem entered the cell Valerie's head rose until she was looking straight into his eyes with a gaze that would make one feel as if she was reading your very soul. Another more striking thing that Anthony would notice is that everything that made up her young girl like innocence was gone replaced with a more adult if cold attitude.

She remained there kneeling on the floor staring into Anthony's eyes for a few seconds before she smiled like a predator would to its prey. "You are a good man Anthony Harlem" she spoke suddenly "he has told me so and I can see for myself. As for your question the answer is quite simple. The man I killed was a monster in human skin with a soul of evil and by his wishes I was told to remove him as my test of faith. I have succeeded in that test".

She stopped for a moment as if listening to some one else though there was no one but the two of them in the cell. "By your command" she spoke aloud before turning her attention back to Anthony "I realise I was put in here for my own protection but that is no longer required. I ask of you to remove me from this place and to take me to see Queen Hannah I".

"I don't know where you would get the idea I am a good man," he mumbled under his breath. That stare had unsettled him, as not many things could.

"I know the man you killed was not the nicest of fellows, but we never could find any proof of his actions."

And then she seemed to be listening to a voice only she could hear. "But...who is this...'he' you spoke of?" he asked curiously.

In any case, if she appealed directly to the Queen, she did have that right. Of course she would have to be under heavy guard, and he told her as much. "I can take you to see the queen, as long as you understand that you cannot go unguarded, not only for your own safety, but for the reassurance of others. I'll make sure the guards are people of my choosing, but they will have to be there nonetheless."

"He is not a man, no he is far greater than that. He is called Odin and that is you need to know. For now" replied Valerie to Anthony's question with a smile. She then listened to his statement about her having to be accompanied by guards and it was of course acceptable. "I understand. I do not mind being escorted where I go however, the sooner I can leave here and see the Queen the better" said Valerie.

Odin...well, that was different. Some people believed they could talk to God, but Odin? He'd never heard that one before.

Still, she was harmless, for the moment. And she had appealed to the Queen.

"Very well. A group of four guards will arrive tomorrow morning to escort you to the capital. Please keep in mind that though they will not use unnecessary force, they will not hesitate to do what needs to be done should you attempt escape."

And like that, the meeting was over.

----

The next morning, as promised, four Special Forces operatives arrived at the prison, two lillian Guards, a SWORD agent, and a Crimson Shield operative. The senior Lillian, the one in charge of the group, presented her orders to the warden, and was promptly permitted to retrieve the prisoner from her cell.

Valerie would be nominally bound with handcuffs, but that was all that was thought to be needed at the moment as they escorted her out to the jeep that would take them to the train station. They were going to be riding by rail to Darwin.

Valerie had known that he would have given in to her and Odin, even if he hadn't been too sure of himself and now Anthony had come through as she was lead to a waiting jeep her hands constrained befor eher though she had no intention of attacking anyone at the current moment in time. No she had been told that Queen Hannah I was different and that she needed to be protected at all costs to ensure that when her time did come she would go to Valhalla as one of Odin's chosen warriors.

So she sat in the jeep neither talking to any of the guards or causing any trouble and just waited for the current journey to end so that the next could begin.

OOC: Subtle you can skip the journey if you want unless you have something planned and Sarah only post for Hannah when you can and so it isn't rushing you as I know you are busy right now :).

OOC: No, nothing planned.

IC: The two-day journey was uneventful. The Queen had been notified upon the Grand Duke's return that Valerie had appealed directly to her, so by the time they arrived, she should have her schedule properly arranged.

The prisoner was quiet and unresisting, a peaceful change from many in their situation, one of the guards was thinking.

They arrived in Darwin In the early morning, just as the sun was beginning to rise.

OOC: OK; Kevz, Sarah, you can take it from here, unless I feel the need to interject with a comment now and then. :)