A joint Pacifican/Karafuto Announcement

iamthey

ConstructSymbol.jpg600px-Flag_of_the_New_Haruhiist_World_Order.svg.png

Treaty of Karafuto

In the spirit of endearing interest in the mutual sovereignty and independence of one another the states of Greater Pacifica, and The People's Democratic Haruhiist Republic of Karafuto do hereby proclaim the following pact. These terms shall be solid and binding as they are written and shall remain in effect hence forth until dissolution of this agreement.

Article I: Sovereignty

The Sovereignty of both nations shall not be questioned or otherwise infringed upon by either. Each nation will be expected to abstain from military acts of aggression, acts of espionage or the effecting of economic sanctions when such actions are directed at a signatory to this pact.

Article II: Optional Defense

In the event that the sovereignty of one signatory is threatened or violated by a third party, the counter-signatory is encouraged but not obliged to come to the defense of the other. A threat or violation of the sovereignty of a signatory includes but is not limited to acts of espionage, economic sanctions, invasion, or military attacks of any kind.

Article III: Optional Aggression

i) Should either signatory choose to execute or participate in a policy of aggressive war, economic sanctions, or otherwise; each signatory is encouraged but not obligated to support this policy by whatever means they deem appropriate.

ii) In the event of such a policy this article may constitute an independent legal casus belli.

Article IV: Cancellation

i) Should Article I, be violated by either signatory, the counter signatory may choose to immediately dissolve this pact in its entirety.

ii) Should either nation come to decide that they no longer wish to be bound by this pact, it may be cancelled at any point. However its articles will remain in effect for 47 hours after either private or public notification of the activation of Article V.

Signatures:

For Greater Pacifica:

H.M Ryn Atrevier, King of Greater Pacifica

Rex Pacifica

For the People's Democratic Haruhiist Republic of Karafuto

Eternal President Haruhi Suzumiya

Governor General Sakuya Hayashi