Royal Proclamations

Sarah Tintagyl

**Classified to Admiral Dylan Hunt**

I look forward to seeing the advances made on our naval capabilities and hopefully it will not take an ungodly amount of time. As to interfering with foreign waters, I don't believe that Minilla or Pacifica are that close to our shores and if they are then there is a problem that we would need to solve anyways. I expect those advances of the SOSUS to be prioritized just as highly as the construction of the AIRS, if there is complication with separate construction, I would suggest working along with Marshall Hammond who is in charge of the AIRS. As to surrounding the areas of the Commonwealth, considering that our allies in Pacifica are to our east and protecting the shores of Brisbane and Apophis the rush is not needed on that side. The shores of Perth and so on are much more important at the moment.

To the Pacifican question indefinitely. I am afraid that yes they are part of the Eurasian Union and while I have no liking of that particular European hegemony, Pacifica has offered only friendship to my government when the Commonwealth still existed and I believe we can trust them at least to a degree of beginning substantial cooperation. Perhaps even to the point of making it a point that the Pacific and Oceanic regions will never be given into war. I will be speaking with the Pacifican government myself at a later time to fully develop these advances.

***Classified***

The engineers working on the development of the railgun had hit a brick wall, so to speak. everything was fine--range, powering the weapon, the power of the ammunition...but they still couldn't speed up the firing rate without warping the barrel.

One particular engineer was so frustrated he hit the thing they were working on.

"Ouch! Why is this thing still not working?"

"Dunno," another said. "Other nations have solved it, we should be able to."

"Unless we take a shortcut."

Both the other researchers looked at the third member of the team. The one who had lost his temper frowned. "You don't mean the Phoenix Empire, I hope..."

"No, no...I'm talking about the GDR. I've heard that the new man in charge is a Lynneth Sarkara. I also happen to know he was friends with the former Administrator. Perhaps we can get him to talk to the man on our behalf..."

***Classified to the Queen***

Very well. I shall concentrate our efforts into expanding the network. Extensive surveys have already taken place, and we have already begun extending it out as you wish. Current progress estimated at 1%.

On another note, my researchers have hit a snag in the railgun development. Everything else works, but they still can't solve the problem of overheating leading to warping. They have made a recomendation--the former Administrator, Richard Anderson, was friends with one of the current rulers of the GDR, Lynneth Sarkara. This man was, and still is, a genius. If he does not currently have designs for such a weapon that would be withon our capabilities, he can quickly make one.

They recommend Anderson be sent to negotiate on our behalf.

~Admiral Dylan Hunt

**Classified to ALL Royal Commanders**

My Faithful Commanders,

I am proud to announce the changes to the Royal Military have continued without major problems. Recently as you are all well aware, the promotions of General George Hammond and General Christopher MacDohl to the positions of Field Marshall comes at a time where we can begin to fully integrate our military between the two previous nations that once made up the Queendom of Australia. However as such, new deployments are to be made to ensure that our state is defended substantially from all possible forces. These deployments are negotiable by their commanders by a direct letter to myself or the Minister of War.

As such, the Royal Army comprises of 1,100,000 soldiers and 165 air squadrons, my deployments for our armored divisions will come at a later time because I am still waiting for word from Promised Land commanders for a detailed roster of our armored forces. However Hanseatic forces are comprised of 4000 tanks. Therefore the following deployments are to be made:

The Duchy of Perth - 250,000

The Royal Duchy of Darwin - 250,000

The Duchy of Adelaide - 250,000

The Duchy of Brisbane - 250,000

The Duchy of Micronesia- 50,000

The Duchy of the Pacific Islands -50,000

Those numbers will include our armor capacities in the next few days. In addition our air force, the majority of fighters and bombers will be based in Brisbane Air Force Base and in Perth Airforce Base, with a select group of fighters stationed in Darwin as well as a small number in both Micronesia and in French Polynesia.

Your Majesty, I apologize for the oversight. My armored forces currently consist of an even 7000 tanks, with the capability of building and maintaining almost three hundred more. (OOC: 7292 tanks max/OOC).

In addition, under my command are approximately half that number in assorted IFV classes, 4000 APC's, and 1000 units of mobile artillery.

~General Sergai Gogol

auscrest.gif

A proclamation by order of Her Majesty Hannah I

My Subjects,

Everyday our glorious Queendom continues to fit together like a well crafted puzzle or a finely tuned machine. I am pleased to announce that the time of transition, at least politically has come to a close. Six trusted individuals who have served in our respected dual governments for long periods of time before the conception of this state have been appointed by myself into the posts of Dukes and Duchesses of the territories governed by this crown.

The Duchy of Perth - Westly Davies

The Duchy of Darwin - Benjamin R. Wallace

The Duchy of Adelaide - Daniel Jackson

The Duchy of Brisbane - Sarah Tintagyl

The Duchy of Micronesia - Andrew Sagittel

The Duchy of the Pacific Islands - Malachi Taylor

In addition to these appointments, the Transitional Board has been relieved of command following elections of parliament. My greatest hopes are with you my people, in completing the first free election of this Queendom, the new Parliament will be your voice, your power, and your will so that we can all enjoy the fruits of prosperity in this county. I await anxiously to see the first moves of this new governing voice.

You will also have noticed that in the recent months, the Pound has become scarcer in service. To deal with the economic instability of two different currencies, both the Promised Land Pound and the Hanseatic Mark have been placed at equal value. In the coming months, the Pound will ceased to be used as a legitimate currency in this Queendom. The reasoning for this is mainly international, at the moment various countries beyond Australia's sphere of influence use the Hanseatic Mark, which will now be termed the Australian Dollar, rely on this currency for their well being and we rely on them for their continual friendship. I understand that this is one sided, however to make the feeling much more equal, the new Dollar will go through renovation and I ask everyone in Australia to submit their ideas on how to design the new look of a currency that has yet to fail our people. I anxiously await your ideas and your concerns.

Long Live Australia.

There had indeed been some concern over the seeming fading of the Pound, but that had only been expected by the economists. The word from the Queen calmed all but the most paranoid. The smarter businessmen had already begun to use the mark interchangeably with the Pound, and now they were glad they had.

----

In several cities across the new nations, small gatherings sprung up around the offices of the regional governments. All of the gatherings remained peaceful for the time being, but they did make their displeasure known. Most of them had always been firm supporters of the alliance with the Hanseatic Commonwealth, but many were unnerved by the transition from ally to single government.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Your Majesty, I would like to address a security concern we seem to be lacking in: Foreign focused intelligence agencies. I don't know about Promised Land, and I have yet to meet someone of equal station that I can adress this with. Far too often do the events of the world intrude upon us without our notice or desire, and though the Lilians are a fine organization, they have too many duties hung on them as it is. I would suggest that your Majesty call upon the proper representatives from our new brethren and arrange a conference. AIRS and SONUS are excellent defense projects, and should of course recieve their due attention, but if we could actively collect intel through Intelligence Agencies, our security and ability to predict and respond to threats would be significantly increased."

Luis took a slight breather, and then launched off into another monologue:

"There is a need for some kind of organization to create these entities; or co-opt them from the Promised Landers. A not-quite military organization that can take the reports and information from those agencies...I'm just riffing, but I can see alot of potential for law enforcement integration, a internal intelligence agency to track criminals, a foreign intelligence agency to keep abreast of world events...there's alot of possibilities. If you can make the proper arrangements, I will bring an outline and every idea I have to a joint security meeting. We've finally got a peace, Hannah, and that means we finally have time to work on the important things that will secure the peace."

Hannah shifted in the throne for a moment and looked at the Marchar gentleman standing down from the staircase leading to where she sat. "Well I can already ease your mind Luis that foreign cooperation is one of the main pushes that this government has began. Embassies and the like, something that while I know Lady Tintagyl was against these moves in the Commonwealth and even I was not a huge supporter of putting ourselves out there, however the necessary moves have been made to make Australia known to the world. As to gathering foreign intelligence, our Lillians are out and about in the world and will remain as such. Though I do not see major threats to this Queendom besides that disgraceful mercenary company in the east and possibly the change in Annihilation's government. As to the creation of an internal police force, we already have internal policing of this country and I do not want to create such a strong create such a strong police force that couldn't be done with the Lillian Guard as it is now. The Duchies have the right to police themselves and if they are incapable of doing so, the army or more specialized soldiers can be sent in."

---

Admiral,

It is good to see that you have started with the expansion of the SOSUS, I look forward to its completion. As to hiring Sakara, I have no problem with it if Anderson wishes to do such a large favor for me I would be eternally grateful. However if this is to be done I would like to personally meet with Sakara myself whether in Vienna or in Darwin to further the completion of our navy. It is something that we must take pride in, tell Anderson to relay that to him.

---

Civil discontent is a problem with every new nation, especially a nation that was combined of two different, very nationalistic while still close and friendly countries. In fact, that made it a bit complex of a problem as if it had just been simple conquest. The Queendom had been around for nearly over a month and things were moving forward at an astronomical rate, at least militaristically and a bit economically. However, culturally there was nothing really besides friendship that linked the two nations together and that was something that Hannah needed to solve and she needed to solve it before the minor discontent became all out protest and revolt. What was needed was a way to convince that people in both the traditional Hansa and Promised Land that by linking the cultures together, by linking the nation together they were gaining more than they lost. Hannah knew that she could tour the country, making speech after speech and she did, however she also had an ace up her sleeve, the Duchess of Brisbane.

Sarah Tintagyl had since retired from the limelight of international politics, however after her appointment to the Duchy of Brisbane she had taken a huge interest in helping further Hannah's reign across the continent and one of ways was to speak just as the Queen spoke. The Duchess saw the merge of the nations as one of the best things that could happen to Australia and traveling in Perth, Adelaide, and much of the west coast, central Australia and her former territories, she made her position clear.

"First Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to calm your nerves in any way I can. This unification of the continent was not only years in the making but was Australian destiny in itself. Promised Land has always been the Hansa's greatest ally and likewise you have been in the past my greatest friends. People say that independence is important and it is, but we are a people united and must proclaim our independence from the rest of the world. In the recent years since the untimely collapse of my regime, it was perhaps some of the saddest times of my life and I believe the world and Australia suffered with me. Therefore, the creation of this Queendom is the promise of safety and security for our people for years to come. In addition to that safety and security, we have begun to reach an international influence not seen since the time after the fall of the Nordic Reich and that will only continue with our cooperation together, not apart.

"We are worried that our cultures will collapse in on themselves and make an abstract cluster of people. No, we are a melting pot of cultures and we have always been. Australia, Promised Land and the Hansa have always been some of the most opening nations in the world for peoples of various peoples and races. This diversity has been the center of Hanseatic politics and as I believe the center of Promised Land politics as well. This diversity can unite us, we are not one single culture, instead we must take pride in making a culture of Australians and a culture of the future. Peace, prosperity, and progress is something that has been central to all of our ideologies. You must give your new government time to consolidate, time to stretch its muscles and I promise you that you will not regret it. I have worked with both Her Highness and His Grace in the past and they are the most competent rulers to grace this earth. There is a potential and ethic on this continent unrivaled and I know that it will only strive to become greater, culturally, economically, and politically."

040.jpg

-Duchess Sarah Tintagyl in Perth

Admiral,

It is good to see that you have started with the expansion of the SOSUS, I look forward to its completion. As to hiring Sakara, I have no problem with it if Anderson wishes to do such a large favor for me I would be eternally grateful. However if this is to be done I would like to personally meet with Sakara myself whether in Vienna or in Darwin to further the completion of our navy. It is something that we must take pride in, tell Anderson to relay that to him.

**Classified to the Queen**

I have made sure to pass on your wishes to Anderson, and he would be happy to relay it, as well as our request for help.

The requested expansions of of the SOSUS network is now estimated at 4% completion, Your Majesty.

~Admiral Dylan Hunt

**End Message--Begin New Message**

Your majesty,

You wished to obtain regular reports on the progress of the AIRS network. No specifics, but overall, completion is at 8%.

~Marshall George Hammond

**End Message**

"First Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to calm your nerves in any way I can. This unification of the continent was not only years in the making but was Australian destiny in itself. Promised Land has always been the Hansa's greatest ally and likewise you have been in the past my greatest friends. People say that independence is important and it is, but we are a people united and must proclaim our independence from the rest of the world. In the recent years since the untimely collapse of my regime, it was perhaps some of the saddest times of my life and I believe the world and Australia suffered with me. Therefore, the creation of this Queendom is the promise of safety and security for our people for years to come. In addition to that safety and security, we have begun to reach an international influence not seen since the time after the fall of the Nordic Reich and that will only continue with our cooperation together, not apart.

"We are worried that our cultures will collapse in on themselves and make an abstract cluster of people. No, we are a melting pot of cultures and we have always been. Australia, Promised Land and the Hansa have always been some of the most opening nations in the world for peoples of various peoples and races. This diversity has been the center of Hanseatic politics and as I believe the center of Promised Land politics as well. This diversity can unite us, we are not one single culture, instead we must take pride in making a culture of Australians and a culture of the future. Peace, prosperity, and progress is something that has been central to all of our ideologies. You must give your new government time to consolidate, time to stretch its muscles and I promise you that you will not regret it. I have worked with both Her Highness and His Grace in the past and they are the most competent rulers to grace this earth. There is a potential and ethic on this continent unrivaled and I know that it will only strive to become greater, culturally, economically, and politically."

(--Picture Was Here--)

-Duchess Sarah Tintagyl in Perth

Of all the things she could have done, of all the speeches she could have made or actions she could have taken, asking Sarah Tintagyl to speak on her behalf was without a doubt the wisest course of action she could have taken to calm the fears of those who were uneasy about this union.

There would always be a degree of discontent, but such was true of any nation, no matter the situation. That was only to be expected. The protests didn't go away entirely, but many of those who had been present at these gatherings were calmed by the reminder that they were not really losing much in this merge, by the reminder that yes, both they and the Hansa had always been a melting pot of cultures.

By reminding them of the things they had in common, she turned their attention away from any differences, any losses they might experience because of this change.

**Classified to ALL Members of the Royal Government**

Excellencies,

With the recent protests in Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Brisbane due to the unification of this Queendom there lays an absolute necessity to provide security to the realm, internally, and without the use of either special forces such as the Lillian Guard or SWORD, as well as the regular military. Therefore, I am ordering the immediate creation of a centralized internal investigation and police force to keep such protests from becoming hostile and violent. I realize the dangers of having such a centralized unit may create discontent in itself, possibly reminding people of the secret police organizations of Fascist Europe, of which this Queendom will never be allowed to become. However our special operations units are already over taxed and the precision as well as funding to train more Lillians or SWORD agents is not something this state can afford at the present.

My suggested outline created by myself and with the help of various advisors is the following:

-The creation of the Ministry of National Security, which will include a the Royal Police Force along with the creation of covert intelligence units to suppress internal rebellion and external forces from threatening the Australian state. This will be run by the Minister of National Security appointed by myself.

-The creation of six Sheriff positions in each of the six duchies, to report to the Minister of National Security

-The creation of sixty Constable positions in each of the sixty constituencies who will report to the Sheriff

-The creation of the position of Bailiff for every urban location within a constituency, this position will be in charge of a police force, constituting of a minimum of twenty troopers.

-The creation of a centralized force comprised of Lillian and SWORD agents to monitor protests and signs of major discontent, organized crime, political dissent, and possible rebellion. Run by the Lillian Commander and SWORD Commander.

I ask Parliament and the Council of Duchies to reply back to these reforms before implementation to the general public. A balance of freedom and security is ideal and we must do everything in our power to prevent either despotism or anarchy from sweeping this continent.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

The proposed legislation threw Parliament into a violent debate.

"But how can we be assured that this will not lead to the nation becoming a Police State?" an MP from Perth cried.

"That's what we, and the Council of Dukes and Duchesses, is here for," one of the calmer, more rational members (from Adelaide), stated. "Perhaps if we suggest that we must approve whomever she selects for the position of Minister?"

"And what good would that do?"

"It would ensure that, once someone is in place, it means that the most important portions of the Federal government all agree."

More debate followed. In the end, the proposal was sent up to the council of Dukes and Duchesses, with changes specifically highlighted.

-The creation of the Ministry of National Security, which will include a the Royal Police Force along with the creation of covert intelligence units to suppress internal rebellion and external forces from threatening the Australian state. This will be run by the Minister of National Security appointed by the Queen and approved with a simple majority by Parliament.

-The creation of six Sheriff positions in each of the six duchies, to report to the Minister of National Security. These shall be selected by the Duke or Duchess of the corresponding Duchy.

-The creation of sixty Constable positions in each of the sixty constituencies who will report to the Sheriff, each to be appointed by the Sheriff to whom they report.

-The creation of the position of Bailiff for every urban location within a constituency, this position will be in charge of a police force, constituting of a minimum of twenty troopers, to be appointed by the Constable to whom they report.

-The creation of a centralized force comprised of Lillian and SWORD agents to monitor protests and signs of major discontent, organized crime, political dissent, and possible rebellion. Run by the Lillian Commander, SWORD Commander, and Crimson Shield Commander. These individuals shall, in turn, report solely to the Minister of National Security and the Queen.

None of the dukes from the territories that had come from Promised Land disapproved of any portion of the proposal. Though since this was not, strictly speaking, a constitutional ammendment, they could only offer their opinion and advice. Whether or not they approved, it would be sent back to the Queen with the changes suggested by Parliament.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

***Private, but not Classified***

Your Majesty, Members of Parliament, and the Council of Dukes and Duchesses,

The Republic, at the time of when it came together with the Commonwealth, was working on a two deep-space probes named Enterprise and Enterprise II. The first was completed before, the second has only now been completed.

However, my workers and engineers are unsure if they should put off the launch. Please advise?

~Marshall George Hammond.

***News Bulletin***

"While there have been rumors that the series of deep-space probes known as the Enterprise, no one from the Federal government or military has stepped forward to confirm or deny them."

"In other news, a new slang term has been circulating on the streets, one used to refer to whomever holds the position of Grand Duke or Duchess. 'Queen's Own' is used by some, apparently, as a form of derision, while others use it almost as a source of pride, that the Queen would trust such a position to a former Promised Lander."

"But with whatever intent it is used, it seems this term is here to stay."

**To Members of Parliament and the Council of Duchies**

Excellencies,

You have my approval for these changes. If you would be so kind as to nominate a candidate for the post of Minister of National Security and sent him or her to me for an audience we can began the proper policing of this state. In addition I expect that the entire system be filled within the next month from there we can begin to put together the special forces into the intelligence division specified in my proposal.

---

**Classified to Marshall George Hammond**

Marshall,

The proposal for the continuation of the Australian Space Program is something that I heavily want to see implemented in the future. I would like a deeper explanation of what the goal of these space probes are, whether to simply explore or whatever you have in mind for them. However, I would say yes, proceed with the launching.

Marshall,

The proposal for the continuation of the Australian Space Program is something that I heavily want to see implemented in the future. I would like a deeper explanation of what the goal of these space probes are, whether to simply explore or whatever you have in mind for them. However, I would say yes, proceed with the launching.

***Classified***

Parliament immediately began setting out nominations for the Minister of National Security , but it immediately became clear that the position was not going to be easily decided.

It wasn't until a letter, delivered from the palace, briefly described the ideal man. He might be a little older and slower now, but his mind was certainly still sharp. And surprisingly, he still lived in Alice Springs.

It was someone Sarah Tintagyl knew from long ago, a man by the name of Stefán Jóhannson. his qualifications immediately set him apart from the other nominees, and the recommendation was approved by both them and the Council, and sent on to Hannah.

"The purpose of the Enterprise probes is to not only study the Lunar and Martian surfaces in-depth, but, if possible, to determine a site where a suitable base can be established for scientific, and possible military, research purposes on said celestial bodies.

~Marshall George Hammond

Wonderful, as soon as you have the necessary means to launch, do so. A moon or mars landing will only serve to further the ambitions and the glory that is the Australian Queendom.

---

auscrest.gif

A proclamation by order of Her Majesty Hannah I

My Subjects,

Due to the recent protests around the Queendom in Perth, Darwin, Adelaide, and Brisbane it has come to my attention and the attention of this government that lines must be drawn to ensure the safety of the Australian citizenry both internally from civil dissent and crime. Therefore, while the protests were kept peaceful, no deaths or injuries recorded, they have prompted the government to act and create steps in order to ensure that order still exists in the midst of activism. As such, the Ministry of National Security has been created under the command and council of the Grand Duke. This ministry led by a newly appointed Minister, Stefán Jóhannson, will be responsible for the daily policing of the Queendom. To lay the responsibilities outright, this is the creation of a centralized police force that will work along side local governments for the safety of the population and to maintain order. Six Sheriffs will head the six duchies, reporting to Minister Jóhannson, while constables will be in charge of the democratic constituencies, from there individual bailiffs are to be placed in charge of a town's police force. The addition of security is not the loss of freedom as many critics have said and these men and women will be appointed by the very leaders you elect, freedom and justice will always be paramount.

I would also like to address a number of rumors that have begun to circulate about the Enterprise Program that began prior to the unification of the continent. As counties before us have set off into the dark void known as space, it is much like a rite of passage for countries to fly to the stars. Australia will now make the necessary strides to join her neighbors, allies, and rivals among the stars. At the moment we cannot be clear on a launch date for the Enterprise Probes, however this will more a landmark step in the Australian interstellar program, one that will continue far into the future and into the unknown.

Long Live Australia.

Sometime later:

Luis felt abit off, having seen the Ministry of National Security spun out strangely just as he'd made his points. He was proud that the Queen had heard him, but was hoping for more. As usual, he waited for a calm spot in her day, and then made his appearance.

"Your Majesty, I would like to speak again on the subject of our security. I am fully in support of your moves with the Ministry, but I would again point out our need to do more. I am not against the use of the Lilians, which after all was my own brainchild originally, but the scope they have encompassed far surpasses of both their original intention and their current membership. There is a significant security need for foreign intelligence operatives to be stationed forward of the Hansa, specifically in Europe, to monitor possible threats to us and our allies. I realize I've already made this point, but I cannot insist upon this enough. So much has been done to us that we could have prevented if we'd have had access to the right information. Simply put, I want to know what your intentions and mission is in regards to foreign intelligence, as well as where that would meet up with interior intelligence. Give me a piece of this, and you have my word we'll have a working, able bodied, well staffed intelligence force operating in multiple zones of the planet within three months."

Luis paused, changing track abit. "But just as importantly, I believe in the success you are creating by making these interior security arrangements. You've done well, very well, and when the next crisis hits, we'll be both forewarned and forarmed. It is also very pleasing, not just to me, but to the military and the Marchar people, that you chose Duke Malachi. It's brought alot of morale to the Guards, which was Duke Malachi's first assignment, and to the Marines, who after all are the descendents of the Camberlain Royal Marines...With this, however, I've come across an issue that I need your help to solve. My rank and position in this government is questionable. While it has allowed me to get away with a lot on your behalf, it is also a sore point with my staff and some of my more...avid supporters. I have no doubts as to the legitimacy or authority extended to my post, and I would rather not be restricted when I have to move on the Queendom's behalf...but eventually it'll have to be resolved or the question of what I am doing will come into play, probably quicker than I'd like. I suppose it depends on where you'd like me; You know all about my foreign experience, military time, being an advisor for Lady Tintagyl...just throw me something to placate the families and that lets me keep working, and I'll be satisfied."

***Classified***

"You did say construction was completed on the probes, right Locke?" Hammond stared hard at the chief engineer.

"Yes sir," Locke replied. "And while constructing them, we were not idle in locating the best possible launch site. The fairly recent purchase of the Tiwi Islands from Taiwan gave it to us."

"You realize we did promise minimal change for the inhabitants of Melville and Bathurst Islands?" Hammond reminded him.

"Yes, sir. I also know that the islands are not heavily populated. Finding an isolated area on those islands was not difficult."

"And you negotiated with the natives, right?"

"Unlike the sterotype, sir, I don't ignore any factors that seem irrelevant at the time. They weren't completely happy, but we did promise to use no more of the land than absolutely necessary."

"So...when will they be ready to launch?"

Locke checked his notes. "The optimal window for launching Enterprise is in a week, actually. Thankfully we already finished construction of the launch facilities, and the Probe is set, ready to go. It's just going through the final checklist. Enterprise II should be launched three days later."

"Very well. I will pass on this information to the Queen. She has expressed great interest in this project."

***To the Queen*** (Still Classified)

"Your majesty, to consolidate reports and save time, money, and paper (something that would make those environmental activists happy, I'm sure), all reports from myself and those under my command will be funneled through my office to you.

Hunt reports that progress on the SOSUS network is proceeding at the expected rate, and is at 8% completion.

Anderson has been dispatched to talk with Sarkara about the railguns, and extend your wish to meet the man in question.

The AIRS network is actually ahead of schedule at 14% completion.

And finally, the Enterprise probes. Both are complete, and a launch site has already been constructed in the Tiwi Islands. I am informed that the ideal window for the first launch is in precisely a week's time, while the second should be ready to follow in three days.

~Marshall George Hammond

OOC: Doesn't matter to me who RP's the actual launch.

IC: Despite assurances, there would be grumbles, and rumors, circulating about this new Ministry. Such was to be expected, though it was predicted by analysts that nothing unduly serious would come of it.

Greeted with more enthusiasm was the announcement concerning the Enterprise project. While Promised Land had had an established Space Program for many years, they had never really done much with it other than send a few astronauts into space, and most of those were in conjunction with the programs of other nations like Cochin, and the former Canada.

This was the first accomplishment they could point to with pride and truly call their own.

*Classified*

To: Queen Hannah I

"Greetings your highness, whilst you and I have not met face to face I have heard a lot about you and I find you to be a very intersting and important person in this world however, I didn't just write this message to try and befriend you. As you know Mercenaries have exsisted since warfare first began and they have always needed to aquire equipment they could not produce themselves. "

"This has not changed even in today's world."

"I am writing this message to yourself to request the production of a number of aerial fighter and bomber aircraft not exceeding ten bombers and twenty fighters. The aircraft will of course be of Australian design but we will ensure they have only our own markings. We are fully ready to pay a fee for your services, a fee of which you can decide the amount."

"We will transport the finished products ourselves using our transport vessels so you do not need to concern yourselves with that fact. We will also keep any knowledge of this deal a secret if that is your desire."

"I look forward to your reply."

Edited by King Kevz

Tiwi Island, Australian Queendom

"Systems operational?"

"Check."

"Begin disengaging."

"Check."

"Initiate launch sequence."

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..ignition."

070913_japanese_launch_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

The beads of sweat rolled off of operators necks for a few moments as the controls around them blinked in a fury of computerized colors.

"Status?"

"We have lift off, the launch was a success!"

The sounds of cheering could be heard from the control room throughout the launch complex carrying all the way up to the glass observation deck near the top of the command complex control tower. There a loud pop echoed through the room as champagne bubbled over the neck of the bottle as two chamberlains poured the bubbly into crystal cups to distribute them to those who had watched the launch. Hannah smiled as she tasted the alcohol and turned to the other men standing against the glass looking out as the probe broke into the outer atmosphere.

"Congratulations gentlemen, this is a truly monumental achievement for this country. I expect to see further advances such as this, hopefully to the point where Viniland in joined on the moon by Australia. I hope that isn't too much to ask from you gentlemen."

---

Days later after the launch of the Enterprise II as Hannah walked the walls of Lillia Palace, Luis de Luit approached to talk to her about the recent reforms, his compliments, complaints, and suggestions for the future. After he was done, Hannah made her own remarks to him.

"Well I can tell you that I already have plans in the works for a combined force of all special operations units that extend far from internal affairs. Though a spy network must proceed with caution as while we need to make sure that there is nothing going on in the world that could become a problem for Australian affairs, we allow cannot allow for foreigners to view us with anymore suspicion than they already do and I need not remind you of how ill-received the Hansa was at its second conception. If anything I would either want to expand the three current operations units, and offer international intelligence as a new independent unit away from the Lillians, SWORD, or Crimson Guard, but one that would effectively use members of all three for operations. These are after all, our elite.

"As to your position at the moment, I have no problem on you staying on as an advisor to me just as you served under Her Ladyship prior. If it requires you can be given a salary and if the title Advisor doesn't suit...well..." Hannah tapped the window she was staring out of. "How would Chancellor sound? Adivsor to the Queen and making sure public support stays at an all time high. How would that sound, Chancellor de Luit?"

OOC: Kevz, will get to your letter very soon...sorry posted before I saw it...give me time.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

The operators weren't the only ones sweating as the gathering waited for confirmation that the launch was a success.

Hammond breathed a sigh of relief, probably unnnoticed with all the others shouting, and in some cases, even dancing a little in jubilation. He quietly took his glass of champagne, smiling at the man who passed it to him, then turned his gaze to the dwindling speck of the Enterprise.

"Congratulations gentlemen, this is a truly monumental achievement for this country. I expect to see further advances such as this, hopefully to the point where Viniland in joined on the moon by Australia. I hope that isn't too much to ask from you gentlemen."

"Indeed, your Majesty," he replied, turning to face her. "This is, hopefully, only the beginning.

----

Though no common citizens were permitted to be at the launch site for matters of security and safety, Hammond had permitted a small news crew to view the launch, to be broadcast live to the entire nation.

Quite a number of individuals held impromptu celebrations, though police were on alert in several key areas to prevent any of them from getting out of hand.

----

***Video Message, for the Queen's Eyes Only***

The tape was delivered personally by Antony, who stared at it with a degree of curiosity

Subtleknifewielder would stare out from behind his mask as he addressed Hannah from beyond the camera that had filmed this message.

"I have heard concerns that we do not have a truly developed intelligence network. You can put any fears to rest. My SWORD organization is not just for purposes of protection. They are trained in arts of assassination and espionage. use them wisely, Your Majesty."

The screen cut into static. It was not a long message.

TO: Captain of the Black Raven Mercenaries

Commander,

It is a pleasure hearing from you in such a cordial manner and I must apologize for the quick push of your troopers out of my Queendom. With this nation as young as it is and with the throws of consolidation I cannot allow a mercenary company such as yours that desires some form of autonomy and outside influence to exist inside my state. However I also realize of the relationship you once held with the People of Promised Land. I myself was extremely mistrustful of your leader, your Queen Valkyrie, and while she has not been seen for sometime and her whereabouts unknown, while being a war criminal, you must understand why there is a mistrust between the Hanseatic population and the Helzan people. Yet, as you are now outside of our range of population and are independent from the war queen, we can begin our relations anew.

I am willing to part with military material as aircraft and so forth and I appreciate your willing to change markings so as to keep Australian hands clean. As a fee, it costs $HM138 Million to produce one of our Raptor-22s and $HM150 for one of our bombers. Therefore I am willing to part with each of these for $HM200 Million each, consider it a gift for the bombers. After we have received payment, you are more than welcomed to send your transports over to pick them up and yes, this should remain secret.

Sincerely,

H.R.H Hannah Asgeirsson

**Classified to Marshall George Hammond and the Commander of SWORD**

Gentlemen,

With the taxing security details on the Lillian Guard, the SWORD organization, and the Crimson Guard it is a necessity that responsibility be divvied out these various organizations. In particular, I would like to make SWORD Australia's premier espionage and counter intelligence organization, along with working along with Lillians and Crimsons for personal protection of this nation's officials and so forth. As soon as possible, I would like a report by the SWORD Commander to as how he plans to proceed with these new responsibilities, what he would like to see reformed in our intelligence network and what needs to be done by other organizations. It is imperative that our networks work together to gain foreign intelligence and so forth and I am anxious to see what must be in turn done by the Royal Government.

In addition, General Hammond, to further the consolidation of our military, I will be coming to Alice Springs at the end of the week and I would like all commanders, army, navy, air force, and special forces to be present at my arrival. We cannot have a separation between Hanseatic and Promised Lander and this conference should take care of this anxiety. Please relay this message to all commanders and I look forward to speaking with you both personally in a few days.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

**Classified to Marshall George Hammond and the Commander of SWORD**

Gentlemen,

With the taxing security details on the Lillian Guard, the SWORD organization, and the Crimson Guard it is a necessity that responsibility be divvied out these various organizations. In particular, I would like to make SWORD Australia's premier espionage and counter intelligence organization, along with working along with Lillians and Crimsons for personal protection of this nation's officials and so forth. As soon as possible, I would like a report by the SWORD Commander to as how he plans to proceed with these new responsibilities, what he would like to see reformed in our intelligence network and what needs to be done by other organizations. It is imperative that our networks work together to gain foreign intelligence and so forth and I am anxious to see what must be in turn done by the Royal Government.

In addition, General Hammond, to further the consolidation of our military, I will be coming to Alice Springs at the end of the week and I would like all commanders, army, navy, air force, and special forces to be present at my arrival. We cannot have a separation between Hanseatic and Promised Lander and this conference should take care of this anxiety. Please relay this message to all commanders and I look forward to speaking with you both personally in a few days.

***Classified***

"Technically, I could be classified as the SWORD commander," Subtleknifewielder mused to Stefán Jóhannson.

His one-time nemesis snorted. "Now that would be an amusing picture...you reporting to me, me reporting to...er...the 'Grand Duke.' Can you say identity crisis?" the Minister said dryly.

That was one reason that even further back in time, Subtleknifewielder had employed the man. He had an interesting sense of humor. Stefán interrupted his musing. "If you're not going to go yourself, who are you going to send in your place?"

"Your girlfriend," the minister stiffened.

"Violet Sherman...are you sure? I know she works for you now...but she hardly has the most welcoming attitude. She still rarely displays any sign of emotion."

"What attracted you to her in the first place?"

There, Stefán smirked almost lewdly. "Can't you see?"

"I shouldn't have asked..."

----

Hammond forwarded a message to all three other individuals in question. he had no doubt SWORD had already received the message and would already be sending...whoever they chose.

Come meeting time, he himself, Admiral Hunt, General Gogol of the Army, and Colonel Clancy of the Crimson Shield would all be there. He almost shuddered at the sight of the woman that represented SWORD. She had some papers in her hand, undoubtedly the report the Queen had asked for. She had evidently chosen to deliver said report in person.

**Classified to the Queen**

Your Majesty,

I realize that these reports are coming much later than I'm sure you would rather, but with the recent transition in the continental economy, that from going from the Mark and Pound to the Dollar it is necessary to revisit the structure of the Australian economy, identifying what natural resources we have, our means of production, trading partners, and the like. Australia is naturally rich in resources and has the potential to easily become one of the major economies in the world. Where the Hansa and Promised Land both were strong apart there is much greater ground that we can cover now combined.

What I believe must be focused on is an improvement and reform in the nation in moving from generally a service economy to a agricultural and industrial one. We should consider ourselves blessed to have a surplus of ore minerals mined throughout the mainland of Australia, coal, gold, silver, and iron ore are in abundance throughout the country, to be used as material for exportation through such systems as the Pacific Trading Company which is hopefully looking to expand its influence into Asian markets. Agriculturally speaking, we have always maintained a strong cattle industry in ranches throughout northern and western Australia as well as a few minor ranches throughout the outback. Along with cattle production, the main cash crop of this country is the wheat industry that will hopefully continue to expand. I would suggest reforming our budget, placing more concern in improving our production sectors, as well as some expense on the environment.

Along with the mainland, many of our luxury resources that the Pacific Trading Company has a monopoly on the Pacific Islands. Black pearls, coral harvesting, jewelry, and exotic fruits and herbs, as well as the fish industry that is centered around French Polynesia. As Chairman of the Pacific Trading Company and as Economic Minister, I implore Your Majesty to sake more trading partners than what we have at the moment. For this country to be economically healthy and to progress onto as a superpower in the world, economic growth is more important than security, culture, or military expansion. Asia, Europe, Africa are open for business and together with the allies we make in the free market, we can easily benefit from one another. I hope Your Highness takes the correct moves to ensure the progression of the Australian economy beyond Oceania and Australia itself.

~Karl van Donop

---

In Alice Springs, Hannah arrived with the Hanseatic side of the military to finally meet with their Promised Land counterparts professionally, some of them for the first time. With the Queen was, Christopher MacDohl, commander of the Hanseatic ground army, Admiral Joseph Potter, commander of the Hanseatic navy, and Commodore Klaus Mannerheim, commander of the Hanseatic air force. Still in tow was Valeria Sangral, Commander of the Lillian Guard, the Hanseatic special forces.

As the Hanseatics came into the room, the two nationalities greeted many of their counterparts for the first time with smiles. Finally Hannah sat down at the head of the conference table as the meeting came to order.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm elated that you were all able to show up today. Look around you, this is the commanding force of the new Australian army and these ladies and gentlemen are to be your brothers and sisters until this nation falls in on itself and with the Grace of God, that day will never come to pass. What is necessary at the moment however is that this nation's military does not function as a Hanseatic movement or a Promised Land movement, consolidation is key. Therefore a new command system must be enacted, after today I want to have the responsibilities of each of you drawn out so that consolidation of the military can be complete. I want to know who is in charge of the military, the army, navy air force, what SWORD will be doing, what the responsibilities of the Lillian Guard will be, and the Crimson Guard. So please, who would like to start?"

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

To: Anthony Harlem

From:Genshabi Research Corps. HQ, Robotropolis; Eggman Empire

Dear Mister Harlem, perhaps you've heard of use, perhaps not. Genshabi is the biggest pharmaceutical company in Eggman Empire, and one of the largest in the world. We've pioneered the field of medicine and developed hundreds of life-saving surgical techniques, tools, anti-biotics, vaccines, cancer treatments, and many more. These breakthroughs have saved thousands. Although our products can be bought by any country or company, we've been forbidden to set up facilities anywhere outside Imperial borders by the government. Recently, however, the Emperor has given us the green light to ask if your country will allow us to set up an RnD research compound and a pharmaceutical production plant inside your country. Should your government allow us to do so, the Eggman Government promises to reduce the normal tariffs and taxes on incoming Queensland goods and services entering the Eggman Government. Queensland scientists will also be allowed to participate and work in the RnD compound, and pass the knowledge they've learned onto the medical community of Queensland.

We request that the compound be allowed to work with BSL-4 pathogens. Failing that, can we be allowed to work with BSL-3 agents? Aside from producing anti-pathogenic devices and techniques, the compound will be used for researching ways to encourage nerve and muscle regeneration. The production plant will be tasked with producing prescription medicine and various casts.

We eagerly await your reply.

-Horace Vidab, CEO of Genshabi Research Corporation.

To:Anthony Harlem

From:Eggman Ministry of Defense, Robotropolis; Eggman Empire

I've been informed by my boss, Emperor Kintober that you're interested in participating in wargames and extreme weather training between our two nations. In this regard, I believe I can send the Filoviridae naval battlegroup and the 10th Marine division to Queensland to participate in naval wargames and beachhead landing simulations. Does this sound acceptable to you? Also, what are your plans in regards to cold weather training in Eggman Empire?

-Phil Ryst; Head Minister of Defense.

eeflag.th.png

Edited by DrKintobor

Luis was very proud of the Marchar representation at the meeting; Macdohl, much of Sangral's command staff, and several other important people in the room were rather obviously Marchar. He stood at the Queen's side, observing the goings on; until this change-over was complete, he was still nominally in charge of her personal safety and guard force, and as such he would need to bring up an important point. He stepped to the center of the room, bowed slightly to the Queen, and began to speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am of course here to facilitate, council, and aid the goings on of this meeting. However, I would like to mention an important point; in regards to the Lillians, as a matter of fact. This once small, formerly covert organization of loyal Hanseatic women has vastly expanded and gone above and beyond its original scope, a fact which is a great pleasure for me. As it began, this was a almost entirely Marchar organization, and being its creator, I am pleased now to see its diversity. Now, however, with all this talk of integration comes a legitimate military concern, the Lillians being merely the main point: There is a need to integrate the Marchar Defense Forces into the greater Australian military network. This will be a very difficult transition; it will mean the end of most Marchar only units, and to men and women who have been raised on military discipline, integration with falsely percieved "Lesser Units" will be a constant complaint. However, save for a few organizations, I believe this to be entirely needful. For one, it signifies our complete commitment to Her Majesty, for the Marchar people have never so deeply integrated with a people before. Secondly, it will end the entirely needless divisions between units, allowing us to greatly increase the number of men in the regular Army, Airforce, Navy, Marine Corps, and Spec-Ops units. Finally, it will end the perceived "aloofness" that has made many approach the Marchar with such caution and suspicion. And while I am not looking forward to relinquishing what may very well be my last military command, I cannot help but think this will be another building block in this great country we are building."

TO: Captain of the Black Raven Mercenaries

Commander,

It is a pleasure hearing from you in such a cordial manner and I must apologize for the quick push of your troopers out of my Queendom. With this nation as young as it is and with the throws of consolidation I cannot allow a mercenary company such as yours that desires some form of autonomy and outside influence to exist inside my state. However I also realize of the relationship you once held with the People of Promised Land. I myself was extremely mistrustful of your leader, your Queen Valkyrie, and while she has not been seen for sometime and her whereabouts unknown, while being a war criminal, you must understand why there is a mistrust between the Hanseatic population and the Helzan people. Yet, as you are now outside of our range of population and are independent from the war queen, we can begin our relations anew.

I am willing to part with military material as aircraft and so forth and I appreciate your willing to change markings so as to keep Australian hands clean. As a fee, it costs $HM138 Million to produce one of our Raptor-22s and $HM150 for one of our bombers. Therefore I am willing to part with each of these for $HM200 Million each, consider it a gift for the bombers. After we have received payment, you are more than welcomed to send your transports over to pick them up and yes, this should remain secret.

Sincerely,

H.R.H Hannah Asgeirsson

*Classified*

To: Queen Hannah I

"Your highness we perfectly understand your situation as we know that no one would want an armed foreign force in their territory during their infancy. We are just glad that we can maintain relations with one another on a satisfactory level."

"As for the agreement of purchase of military hardware we find your terms perfectly acceptable and shall commence payment on a montly basis. As soon as a fighter or bomber is payed for we shall send a cargo vessel to pick up the said equipment."

"We will of course keep this agreement secret and on conclusion of the sales we shall erase all data and evidanc ethat it had ever occured".

In Alice Springs, Hannah arrived with the Hanseatic side of the military to finally meet with their Promised Land counterparts professionally, some of them for the first time. With the Queen was, Christopher MacDohl, commander of the Hanseatic ground army, Admiral Joseph Potter, commander of the Hanseatic navy, and Commodore Klaus Mannerheim, commander of the Hanseatic air force. Still in tow was Valeria Sangral, Commander of the Lillian Guard, the Hanseatic special forces.

As the Hanseatics came into the room, the two nationalities greeted many of their counterparts for the first time with smiles. Finally Hannah sat down at the head of the conference table as the meeting came to order.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm elated that you were all able to show up today. Look around you, this is the commanding force of the new Australian army and these ladies and gentlemen are to be your brothers and sisters until this nation falls in on itself and with the Grace of God, that day will never come to pass. What is necessary at the moment however is that this nation's military does not function as a Hanseatic movement or a Promised Land movement, consolidation is key. Therefore a new command system must be enacted, after today I want to have the responsibilities of each of you drawn out so that consolidation of the military can be complete. I want to know who is in charge of the military, the army, navy air force, what SWORD will be doing, what the responsibilities of the Lillian Guard will be, and the Crimson Guard. So please, who would like to start?"

OOC: Please note to anyone with bright ideas that this meeting is secret--Sarah, myself, and Margrave only. ;)

IC: Each of the members of what had been Promised Land greeted their opposite numbers with a smile and a handshake, with the exception of Miss Sherman. The old Commonwealth had apparently had possessed no equivalent to SWORD--not surprising, considering the wide range of duties to which those agents were commonly assigned. Though the Lillians weren't precisely the same as the Guard units either.

Rather, she waited until Clancy had shaken hand with Sangral, then in turn offered her own hand to shake--but not a smile. Her grey eyes were devoid of any hint of emotion, even as she sat at the table along with the others.

When Hannah asked who would like to start, Clancy didn't even wait for the exchnage of glances before speaking up. "For one thing, Your Majesty, my troops are called Crimson Shield. Everyone seems to be confusing us with the criminal organization of the Red Guard. Not your fault, but it is something I'd like to point out. It is rather irritating to be confused with that bunch of Commies."

Gogol gave him a sharp glare, but Clancy was unapologetic. He had never been one to stand on cermony--and unlike the Lillians, his kind were not trained to be diplomats in any way. Gogol sighed, introducing himself, and apologized on the man's behalf. "I'm sorry for the Colonel's abruptness there. He's not used to meetings like this. As commander of the Army, I've tried to...help him be more tactful, but..." he shrugged helplessly. "His troops are among the finest in our military," Gogol added with a glance at Sangral, "trained in just about every terain and battlefield scenario imaginable. Scouts, snipers, covert operations. If it's a combat operation, they are capable of doing it, and doing it well."

Hunt glanced at him in amusement before introducing himself briefly for the benefit of those who did not know him, and Marshall Hamond did the same.

Sherman exchanged glances with the others before deciding it was her turn. "I suppose you can call me a commander, of sorts," she stated in a voice that was equally devoid of emotion as her expression, "but SWORD cannot be specifically classified as special forces, nor elite bodygurds, diplomats, or any other title you care to name. They are, in essence, a combination of all of those, though not to the degree of the Colenel's troops, as well as skilled intelligence and espionage operatives."

Luis was very proud of the Marchar representation at the meeting; Macdohl, much of Sangral's command staff, and several other important people in the room were rather obviously Marchar. He stood at the Queen's side, observing the goings on; until this change-over was complete, he was still nominally in charge of her personal safety and guard force, and as such he would need to bring up an important point. He stepped to the center of the room, bowed slightly to the Queen, and began to speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am of course here to facilitate, council, and aid the goings on of this meeting. However, I would like to mention an important point; in regards to the Lillians, as a matter of fact. This once small, formerly covert organization of loyal Hanseatic women has vastly expanded and gone above and beyond its original scope, a fact which is a great pleasure for me. As it began, this was a almost entirely Marchar organization, and being its creator, I am pleased now to see its diversity. Now, however, with all this talk of integration comes a legitimate military concern, the Lillians being merely the main point: There is a need to integrate the Marchar Defense Forces into the greater Australian military network. This will be a very difficult transition; it will mean the end of most Marchar only units, and to men and women who have been raised on military discipline, integration with falsely percieved "Lesser Units" will be a constant complaint. However, save for a few organizations, I believe this to be entirely needful. For one, it signifies our complete commitment to Her Majesty, for the Marchar people have never so deeply integrated with a people before. Secondly, it will end the entirely needless divisions between units, allowing us to greatly increase the number of men in the regular Army, Airforce, Navy, Marine Corps, and Spec-Ops units. Finally, it will end the perceived "aloofness" that has made many approach the Marchar with such caution and suspicion. And while I am not looking forward to relinquishing what may very well be my last military command, I cannot help but think this will be another building block in this great country we are building."

"Your forces would be welcome. Such integration can only benefit all parties concerned," Hammond pointed out. "People often fear or mistrust what they don't understand. Though," he stated thoughtfully, from what I understand of your people, many of them would make excellent Crimson Shield or SWORD operatives."

To: Anthony Harlem

From:Genshabi Research Corps. HQ, Robotropolis; Eggman Empire

Dear Mister Harlem, perhaps you've heard of use, perhaps not. Genshabi is the biggest pharmaceutical company in Eggman Empire, and one of the largest in the world. We've pioneered the field of medicine and developed hundreds of life-saving surgical techniques, tools, anti-biotics, vaccines, cancer treatments, and many more. These breakthroughs have saved thousands. Although our products can be bought by any country or company, we've been forbidden to set up facilities anywhere outside Imperial borders by the government. Recently, however, the Emperor has given us the green light to ask if your country will allow us to set up an RnD research compound and a pharmaceutical production plant inside your country. Should your government allow us to do so, the Eggman Government promises to reduce the normal tariffs and taxes on incoming Queensland goods and services entering the Eggman Government. Queensland scientists will also be allowed to participate and work in the RnD compound, and pass the knowledge they've learned onto the medical community of Queensland.

We request that the compound be allowed to work with BSL-4 pathogens. Failing that, can we be allowed to work with BSL-3 agents? Aside from producing anti-pathogenic devices and techniques, the compound will be used for researching ways to encourage nerve and muscle regeneration. The production plant will be tasked with producing prescription medicine and various casts.

We eagerly await your reply.

-Horace Vidab, CEO of Genshabi Research Corporation.

***Classified***

TO: CEO Horace Vidab

Yes, I have heard references to your company.

While I am uneasy to have anyone deal in such dangerous substances within our borders, I believe as long as these facilities are kept well away from inhabited areas, and strict safety protocols are enforced, such a proposal would not be unthinkable.

Please set up a time to meet with me in person to more fully discuss all issues concerning this.

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke

To:Anthony Harlem

From:Eggman Ministry of Defense, Robotropolis; Eggman Empire

I've been informed by my boss, Emperor Kintober that you're interested in participating in wargames and extreme weather training between our two nations. In this regard, I believe I can send the Filoviridae naval battlegroup and the 10th Marine division to Queensland to participate in naval wargames and beachhead landing simulations. Does this sound acceptable to you? Also, what are your plans in regards to cold weather training in Eggman Empire?

-Phil Ryst; Head Minister of Defense.

eeflag.th.png

***Classified***

TO: Minister Ryst

Your Emperor is correct. I talked to him upon the formation of the Queendom about such a possibility. Wargames are most certainly a possibility, though I would have to discuss the matter fully with her Majesty first.

As for cold weather training, I was intending to send a few of our regulars at a time to see what it was like, along with a required regular refresher course for any and all Special Forces.

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke

auscrest.gif

A Proclamation by order of Her Majesty Hannah I

My Subjects,

In a show of foolishness, cowardice, and absurdity, this Queendom was attacked by the remnants of the now defunct nation of Helzan, known as the Black Raven Mercenary Corps. I am pleased to announce to all in within the realm that few lives were lost during this incursion and that total victory over these terrorists was achieved. This attacked has proved to me and I believe much of the world that there are still strong relations between the peoples of Australia and the peoples across the continents. We received countless promises of aid, military help, and so on to repel these attacks and I am eternally grateful to our allies in overcoming the terrorists. In response to this as I have said in the past and as I will say again now, the nation and the people of the Helzan are forever enemies of the Queendom of Australia.

What is important now that we continue to build ourselves stronger, in all honestly this mercenary threat was weak compared to the force that some nations could impose on our glorious country and that is why, my subjects, we must remain diligent, ever watchful of the world around us. Construction projects are taking place, our economy is booming from trade in both the mainland and our Island Possessions. Australia, while it has hit a small bump, will continue to advance and with the help of you, my people, and our allies, we will continue to thrive in a world where chaos dominates.

Long Live Australia

---

After listening to many of the Promised Lander Commanders, it was now the Hanseatics turn, however both the admiral and the air force commodore left their introductions to MacDohl, who stood up with a weary smile. "Ladies and Gentlemen, what is necessary at the moment to maintain some form of consolidation within this military is the integration of most of our organizations into one central command. There at the moment are still men and women on both sides of the Queendom that still wear their Hanseatic or Promised Land flags on their uniform, not as nostalgia, but because there is no integration. Therefore what my suggestion is is that there is immediate integration from both the Promised Land and Hanseatic army, navy, and air force. Men from Perth should serve in the same regiments as those from Brisbane. Hanseatic ships should be in the same fleet as those from Promised Land and so on. The hierarchy of military command has already been established by Her Majesty and therefore to spend much more time with command up to you Your Highness. But integration and even garrisons in the Duchies must be achieved."

Once MacDohl had spoken his peace, Sangral stood up slowly. "I have been asked her to decide whether or not total integration of our special forces is available and I am caught between my answers, simply due to my pride as Lillian Commander and I'm sure the pride that you all have of your detachments as well. From what I can tell for Commander Sherman and Clancy here, both SWORD and the Crimsons are trained in nearly the same things, however the Crimsons are much more specialty-wise than SWORD. To give you a background of the Lillian Guard, the Lillians are as you know a female-exclusive unit which has served the Hansa loyally since its beginning into the first Commonwealth. My girls have been the finest example of Hanseatic discipline, both in a military fashion and diplomatic. They are trained in swordplay, assault, bolt-action, and handgun skills, as well as trained in diplomatic discussion. However as to assassination it looked down upon, but they can snipe if they need to. As to full out combat soldiers, we rely on our marine forces for that. I want to let you know that the Lillian Order is and will always been the strongest force in the Hanseatic military and we will always remain independent." She took a deep breath. "However, if special forces integration is necessary for the stability of this Queendom then I will concede my post to another and take a lesser role in command if it is necessary to have an integrated special division. However, our training will not change. You may add to it, but it will not change from its base."

Hannah leaned back and looked at the Marchar. "Well if you are to integrate the special forces as with our Marchar units gentlemen and ladies, then I am curious to know how this new organization will function. Ideas?"

***News Broadcast***

The proclamation given by the Queen was repeated for those who had not heard it the first time.

"Such was the declaration given earlier today by the Queen. While thankfully few lives were lost thanks to a totally unforseen outpouring of foreign support, our nation demonstrated an closer bond of solidarity than ever before when faced with the crisis of possible invasion. Many of those who originally objected to the union found that, when faced with a choice between seperation leading to conquest, and unity to provide safety, that unity was preferable to the alternative."

"While there are still a small few who continue to reject the legitimacy of this government, they are by and far looked upon with no amount of laughter as paranoid fools. Hail the Queen, and our glorious union!"

***End Broadcast***

----

"Yes, integration is necessary," Hammond commented. "The only reasons has not yet been implimented is focusing on projects given higher priority. The AIRS network has been occupying a good portion of our land and air forces, and expansion of the SOSUS network is keeping a good portion of our naval forces from coming in as often as they used to. Not to mention the Space Program," he added with a grin.

"Integration is a tricky business--the insignia is not difficult, really, to change, That is actually the lesser task. You all know that most troops take some time to settle in and become completely comfortable with their fellows, to completely mesh as a team, and so shifting them around to promote this integration should be a gradual thing. Though I do agree it is necessary in all branches of the service."

Clancy listened most carefully to Sangral's speech, as well as Hammond's. When they had finished, it was his turn to speak again.

"It is my set opinion that the Special Forces should not be integrated, or at least not to the point where the individual organizations, SWORD, my own Crimson Shield, and Commander Sangral's Lillian Guard, completely lose their identity. This is not a matter of pride--each has their own strengths, their own specialties, and some of those specialties may be lost in the process of complete integration. Abilities which may be needded later on may not be developed as strongly after the integration. Rather, I propose that instead of solidifying them under one comand, any more than they already are under the Minister of National Security, that extra emphasis is put into actively recruiting not just in their own original home territories, but across the entire nation."

----

OOC: Considered to take place after the meeting, chronologically

IC: ***Classified to the Queen***

The short, recent conflict with the mercenary nation has only reinforced the necessity of the projects which you have decreed, Your Majesty. Construction speed on both the AIRS and SOSUS networks has actually increased with the motivation provided, and they currently stand at 45% and 32%, respectively.

I also have some excellent news from Mr. Anderson. Sarkara approved the request for assistance, and with his engineers, we have finally solved the overheating problems. We can begin outfitting our batteships with them as fast as we can produce them, and once that is completed, I recommend a few placed in strategic intervals along the shoreline to discourage naval assaults--protected, of course, by strong concentrations of anti-aircraft emplacements. (OOC since I just bought my anti-aircraft Wonder, this part can be accelerated/OOC).

Anderson also informs me that Sarkara has consented to a meeting with you, though he cannot, regretfully, come to Darwin. Any such meeting by necessity must take place in Vienna.

~Marshall George Hammond

Luis rose, speaking on behalf of the Marchar.

"I envision an organization that would encompass each and every special-forces team. I will say this; I am vitally against the total integration of these military/special forces units with one another. These organizations have paid their due in blood and treasure, and they deserve to be retained and used to their fullest potential. However, instead of allowing these organizations to remain regional, let it be as the good gentleman from Promised Land said; let the entirety of our territory be a recruiting ground. Let us have Promised Lander Lillians, Hanseatic Crimson Shields, Marchar SWORD agents. Let us collect up the remaining special-forces teams, and unite them under one military command, with its commander leading and representing the unit to the Minister of National Security, or the Defense Ministry. I propose that this larger military command be assigned jurisdiction over all of the training and operations of our special-forces, and that as its first act, we begin cross-training. Accidents happen in combat, ladies and gentlemen. Codes mean one thing to one party, to another, another. We need to make sure each group is on the same page, that they are sharing the same information, and that they all know how each other operate. Once we have that, we will be well."