Keeping GRL at Five

enderland

Global Radiation - Global radiation is a count of all nations in the game attacked with nuclear weapons in the past 30 days. Global radiation negatively affects everyone's nation environment in the game up to level 5.00. The bonus resource radiation cleanup reduces global radiation for your nation by 50%. The current formula for global radiation is: global radiation = (total nations hit by nukes * 300) / total nations. When viewing the global radiation level either on your nation display page or on the world demographics screen you will see two numbers, for example 5.00 (7.32). The first number indicates the game capped Global Radiation Level at which your nation will not suffer negative effects from beyond the cap. The second number in parenthesis indicates the actual Global Radiation Level in the game if it were not capped.

I was thinking - how many dedicated nuclear rogues would it take to keep GRL at five? Or at least significantly higher than it normally sits? Based on the current nation CoUNT of about 25,000 it would require 5 * 25000 / 300 about 400 nations to be nuked every 30 days to keep it there.

Figuring that about 100 nations probably get nuked every month for "routine" roguery, that leaves about 300 people that need to be nuked a month by those involved in this operation.

Once you get to a low NS level, it's fairly easy to survive and nuke people, because you run into people without GCs, mil wonders, SDIs, warchests, and basically nukes start to wreck them. At the very least you can last a long while.

It's also easy to hit people with nukes, because very few people in the low NS levels have SDIs or spies to speak of.

But I would like to get a better idea of how many people would likely be needed to maintain this. I estimate that each person should be able to nuke 10-15 people a month, if only in defensive wars, not to mention the possibility of offensive wars. Which would put it at about 20-30 dedicated rogues. Please let me have any feedback or suggestions on how to best pull this off.

As a side note, if anyone interested in making their nation CoUNT for something and join in this venture please let me know. It'll be a blast (and lots of them ;))!