America

Markus Wilding

Late one night in Norfolk, Virginia...

"So they think they can keep those lands? Don't they know we need them for our ports?" Colin Rivas and David Faulkner looked over to the north, the direction where the Indians lived. "Apparently not. I'd love to get the ball rolling sooner, but I'm afraid we can't until we get a good-sized army going." Colin kicked a pebble and said "Do you honestly believe this'll work? Nobody's ever tried this before, nearly everyone on this planet is a monarchy." David kept looking at the Indian land. "I hope it does. What do you want to call this, anyway?" Colin picked a slightly larger pebble up and chucked it into a nearby pond. "How about Faulkism?"

"...Sounds good to me."

OUTLINE of FAULKISM:

I: RULING PARTY
IT IS THE BELIEF of the PEOPLE that THE RULING PARTY SHOULD NOT BE COMPOSED OF ONE SINGLE FAMILY; RATHER, it SHOULD BE COMPOSED OF TWO MALE INDIVIDUALS WHO HOLD TOTAL POWER and SHARE THE COUNTRY'S RESPONSIBILITIES. FROM NOW ON THESE INDIVIDUALS SHALL BE REFERRED TO AS "PREFECTS".

II: MILITARY STRUCTURE
IT IS to be DETERMINED THAT THE MANPOWER IS SET AT WHATEVER NUMBER THE PREFECTS DESIRE.

III: PREFECTS and the STATE
THE PREFECTS ACT AS SUPREME JUDGES AND LAWMAKERS; WHAT THEY SAY GOES. THEIR RULINGS ARE FINAL.

IV: PREFECTS and the PEOPLE
IF THE PREFECTS ARE FOUND TO BE AT FAULT FOR ANY HIGH CRIME (DETERMINED BY THE OTHER PREFECT) THEN THE PEOPLE ARE ENCOURAGED TO BEGINS ELECTIONS OF NEW PREFECTS.

And then it happened. Hundreds of blacksmiths around the nation were called to construct as many maces, crossbows and longswords as possible and in no less than a month the American people were ready for war.

But first they had a new objective - namely that little tip on the continent they called home.

Edited by N Reeki

OOC: Nuh-uh...invading white space requires you to ask another to RP resistance.

OOC: I was not informed of this. I shall edit my post accordingly.

OOC: I swear to God, if this becomes a landgrab contest like ERP was... :mad:

OOC: I won't be like TheStig with colonies all over the place. I'm stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid.

OOC: I was not informed of this. I shall edit my post accordingly.

OOC: I won't be like TheStig with colonies all over the place. I'm stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid.

OOC: K. Also, I'll RP the resistance if you want. I want to get some war experience on this.

OOC: K. Also, I'll RP the resistance if you want. I want to get some war experience on this.

OOC: Well then, let's get the ball rolling, shall we?

IC: A mass of armed men approached from the Amrican border. A runner came to the nearest person and told him to pass on the following message:

NATIVE PEOPLES:

BY THE ORDER OF PREFECTS Colin Rivas AND David Faulkner YOU ARE TO SURRENDER YOUR LANDS TO AMERICA.

DEFY THIS ORDER, AND YOU SHALL DIE.

YOU HAVE 2 DAYS TO SURRENDER.

OOC:Well, most people are just going all over the place, so I don't think we can really go with a fixed timeline.

OOC: Nope sorry. No Europeans in America until one of the RPer's in europe land in America any american rper right now is controlling native americans.

OOC: Nope sorry. No Europeans in America until one of the RPer's in europe land in America any american rper right now is controlling native americans.

OOC: You are not a GM. You don't get to decide.

The rules that have been decided on so far state that airplanes=cavalry, therefore if you have airplanes IG, then you get horses.

Edited by freakwars

OOC: Well then, let's get the ball rolling, shall we?

IC: A mass of armed men approached from the Amrican border. A runner came to the nearest person and told him to pass on the following message:

NATIVE PEOPLES:

BY THE ORDER OF PREFECTS Colin Rivas AND David Faulkner YOU ARE TO SURRENDER YOUR LANDS TO AMERICA.

OOC: A'ight. Which area are you invading? And I mean states. I want to know what tribes to draw info from.

OOC: You are not a GM. He has airplanes, therefore he gets horses.

OOC: Freakwars is right...this is not the historical world to a 'T', just as in CNRP if he has it IG, he has it in the RP and if you have a European history you may RP as such. Too many restrictions will just turn people off. If you want to have Native Americans, that is acceptable, just as if you wanted something else.

OOC: Freakwars is right...this is not the historical world to a 'T', just as in CNRP if he has it IG, he has it in the RP and if you have a European history you may RP as such. Too many restrictions will just turn people off. If you want to have Native Americans, that is acceptable, just as if you wanted something else.

OOC: *&*%&%$$£^%*& and &*^^*%^$&^ followed by *(^^&$$^%. :P But seriouslly that is a load of well you know what. I don't care if this isn't the world to the T having stuff that wasn't there like europeans is just stupid. if we are going to do that then I might as well and go ahead and say I have cannons and heavy armoured knight templars.

OOC: *&*%&%$$£^%*& and &*^^*%^$&^ followed by *(^^&$$^%. :P But seriouslly that is a load of well you know what. I don't care if this isn't the world to the T having stuff that wasn't there like europeans is just stupid. if we are going to do that then I might as well and go ahead and say I have cannons and heavy armoured knight templars.

OOC: Kevz...you do have cannons and you can have armored knights if they're RPed. This is being taken from the CNRP rules. If you wanted to RP a full out European style Egypt then you could, its up to you, its your creative right. No one is telling you can't, if your chariots can be RPed better than knights then fine. People have a degree of creative license here, and its up to you how far you want to take it and if you have it IG then you have it RP wise.

OOC: Kevz...you do have cannons and you can have armored knights if they're RPed. This is being taken from the CNRP rules. If you wanted to RP a full out European style Egypt then you could, its up to you, its your creative right. No one is telling you can't, if your chariots can be RPed better than knights then fine. People have a degree of creative license here, and its up to you how far you want to take it and if you have it IG then you have it RP wise.

OOC: Sorry Sarah I can't go with that. In CNRP I can go with everyone using the same sort of units and all seeing as even a third world nation has tanks and machine guns but in Medival times there has to be limitations. For example heavily armoured knights and cannons in a desert enviroment is just plain stupid.

People should have to understand that if you choose a certain area to be then you will face some limitations. They should have to try and overcome these limitations rather than ignore them.

OOC: Also, no horses in the Americas until the Europeans arrive.
OOC: He is RPing as America that was founded earlier, so Europeans are already there, which maeans he has horses.
OOC: Europeans weren't in America until well past the medival times though if I am thinking right.
OOC: You are not a GM. You don't get to decide.

The rules that have been decided on so far state that airplanes=cavalry, therefore if you have airplanes IG, then you get horses.

OOC: That doesn't mean I can make them appear with no previous RP. If you have any further complaints about my RP please take it to the Midieval RP thread. Thank you.

OOC: This is why I wanted a start date...in any case, there's evidence in RL to suggest the Europeans were not the first from the East to Explore America. We could say the horses copme from them. Or if you wanted to get creative, ride reindeer... :P

But it is the agreement that we are not following exact historical guidlines, so it doesn't matter.

NATIVE PEOPLES:

Local Timicua Village

A single young Timicua boy, no more than sixteen years old, staggered as he ran towards the village. He could see smoke rising from the houses, and a number of warriors walking around a short wooden fence. The group nearest him paused and regarded him as he ran, and two of them, armed with short spears, approached.

"Halt! What is it?"

The boy bent over, putting his hands on his knees and panting. "There is a message from the...Americans to the north. I need to see the chief."

"Really now?" one of the guards asked. "Let me see this."

The boy handed the guard the scroll, and he scanned it. "Damned foreigners. We'll have to get this translated."

After a half hour of work, one of the elders provided the translation, and the guard took it to the chief.

The chief read it. He looked up at his council. His lips formed a single word.

"No."

Another hour later, riders were sent out; one to each tribe in Florida, and one to the Americans. Other riders were sent to the Timicua towns and villages, calling for a muster. Young men were armed with bows and spears and knives, and wood shields where there were good craftsmen.

The Timicua chief, a man by the name of Kohana, watched from his hut as the warriors rushed around. A grim smile came to his lips.

"We must fight."

OOC: Sorry Sarah I can't go with that. In CNRP I can go with everyone using the same sort of units and all seeing as even a third world nation has tanks and machine guns but in Medival times there has to be limitations. For example heavily armoured knights and cannons in a desert enviroment is just plain stupid.

People should have to understand that if you choose a certain area to be then you will face some limitations. They should have to try and overcome these limitations rather than ignore them.

OOC:There are (crazy) people who say that the Knights Templar made it to America, there is the Vikings, there were the Basque whalers. All he has to do is say that one of the groups publicized it more then they did, and boom, European America.

I am now done talking.

Edited by freakwars

OOC: This is why I wanted a start date...in any case, there's evidence in RL to suggest the Europeans were not the first from the East to Explore America. We could say the horses copme from them. Or if you wanted to get creative, ride reindeer... :P

But it is the agreement that we are not following exact historical guidlines, so it doesn't matter.

OOC: Native Americans had horses too, anyhow.