Government Spying Odds Bonus

Syzygy

I had Dictatorship today and checked my spying odds against a foreign nation. It displayed around 70%. Then I changed my goverment to "Communism" which should increasy my spying odds by 10%. So i expected either 77% or 80% (depending on how the +10% are calculated). But in fact *nothing* changed (I made 2 Screenshots and compared the red indicators by pixel size). Chances are absolutely the same.

Do i have a logic-error somewhere?

yeah.. okay, i of course trust your word, you see the code, you must know. i just wonder, even if the indicator only displays increases of 10... an increase of 10% (like in this change) would have set it one "step" higher...

for example:

chances are 57% -> indicator shows 60

now increase to 67% -> indicator still shows 60? i had imagined 70 now...

but okay, if you say it works fine, it works fine. can be locked.

Ok, I see where the confusion lies. In the about topics I called the heading "Spy Odds +10%" but it's really not your odds that are increasing by 10% but your spy strength that increases by 10%. If two nations each have a spy strength of 1,000 points (50%/50% operation odds each) and the attacker changes his government to get the 10% spy strength that will increass his spy strength to 1,100 thus changing the operation odds to 52%/48%. That is why the red indicator did not change for you. I have adjusted the information index on governments to accuratley read "Spy Strength +10%".