Ottawa Talks

Mergerberger II

OOC: This is intended to be a discussion of the Apps Doctrine, which was set down by Canada and signed by America as law over the American lands regarding the foreign colonization of the Americas. The Apps Doctrine makes American Colonization illegal, and it is considered an act of war on the signatories of the Doctrine. All other American nations concerned may attend as well. Additionally, if there are any nations with colonies in the Americas which I've neglected to include, please write yourself in.

IC:

A Call For Sensibility

To Whom It May Concern

Under the consideration of the Apps Doctrine, colonies situated within either North or South America made after the date of February 1st, 2012 are considered to be illegal and unrecognizable by those governments that have signed the Apps Doctrine.

By this, we do consider it necessary in the interests of the people of the Americas, of America, of Canada, of Britain, of Australia, and all those considering colonies within the Americas to come to a meeting in Ottawa to discuss the future of these colonies, as well as the actions that Canada and America shall take regarding these colonies.

It is not in the interest of Canada, nor is it in the interest of America to go to war over these colonies, however the Apps Doctrine does demand war in this case. We call instead for Britain and Australia to meet with Canada to discuss the possibility of transferring these colonies to American Protection, Autonomy, or the best case, Independence.

We feel it is in the best interests of all nations involved to come to this meeting and discuss these policies and what has occurred in these past months.

Thank you.

"May we ask which of our colonies you are referring to?"

OOC: In regards to that date, it is currently the 1st-15th of December, 2012. (1 RL day = 15 RP days)

"Specifically to Greenland. All of the other America-based colonies are considered to be grandfathered in by the Doctrine, and we have no problem with those."

"Get your hands out of American affairs.

To Canada, I do believe the British colonies were around before the Apps Doctrine, and are therefore legal."

Those in Greenland were not, and Britain even staked a claim to Greenland after Canada had already claimed it as her sovereign territory. By this, I feel that a conference to work out an agreement of some form is necessary.

Those in Greenland were not, and Britain even staked a claim to Greenland after Canada had already claimed it as her sovereign territory. By this, I feel that a conference to work out an agreement of some form is necessary.

"That's actually The Union that owns Greenland."

If you wish to not have The Unions presence in Greenland, then we have something to discuss. We have been given that land to administrate by a fallen empire. We do not want to have our presence in America, but we also dont like one other thing. American presence in Europe. Simply put, if the American Confederation would like to switch its holdings over Eastern Europe to s in exchange for Greenland, we will both be off eachother's backs over colonies and the like.

The British representative speaks the truth. The area is simply under the protection of the Confederation and I am certain that they would be willing to share this protectorate zone with you. We wish for your claims on American soil to be withdrawn, and Greenland will subsequently be transferred to Canada, entirely peacefully.

To New Australia, the territory on which you place a claim, specifically Venezuela and the Galapagos, will become a part of the Greater Canadian Protectorate Region, Venezuela to the Venezuelan Protectorate, and Galapagos to the Peruvian Protectorate Region, which will also be administered by Brasil. I strongly trust Australia to be willing to peacefully cooperate with Canada and America in this affair.

It is not my land to bargain or to give. Aside from that, the Confederation is not controlling Poland for influence, rather they are simply attempting to set up a government to replace the old one. I come to speak with you because you are in violation of the Apps Doctrine, and the territory of Greenland was originally claimed by Canada, however then it was illegally claimed by Britain and since has been an issue.

OOC: You claimed it three days before colonisations were permitted.

OOC: I was told that colonisations were permitted that weekend, I was not told a specific date, just that once the weekend came, I could claim more land, and that is what I did. I would have protested earlier, but I've been away.

OOC: I was told that colonisations were permitted that weekend, I was not told a specific date, just that once the weekend came, I could claim more land, and that is what I did. I would have protested earlier, but I've been away.

OOC: Who told you that? You were misinformed.

It is not my land to bargain or to give. Aside from that, the Confederation is not controlling Poland for influence, rather they are simply attempting to set up a government to replace the old one. I come to speak with you because you are in violation of the Apps Doctrine, and the territory of Greenland was originally claimed by Canada, however then it was illegally claimed by Britain and since has been an issue.

Your issue is with Britian on the matter of illegally claimed. We simply wish to develop a government to call ally there. If the Confederation wishes, we could simply change it so that we can set up the governments of our neighbors, using less resources, and make these areas secure for new nations.

Your issue is with Britian on the matter of illegally claimed. We simply wish to develop a government to call ally there. If the Confederation wishes, we could simply change it so that we can set up the governments of our neighbors, using less resources, and make these areas secure for new nations.

I have no quarrel any longer with Britain, instead it is with the current possessor of the territory, which is The Union. The Apps Doctrine clearly states that Canada shall not permit colonies in any part of the Americas claimed after February 1, 2012, and that includes Greenland.