Raiders Beware

AnCapistan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People mass quit after every global war. This is a long and well-documented trend. People mass quit after WotC, a much greater amount of people mass quit after UJW, and as I understand it a similar effect took place after GW3. This is nothing new. We will experience another long, slow peacetime rise in members as always, and then we will have another war and another member dropoff.

The game is not "stuck". Granted, it did not become the instantly mega-exciting world that some expected post-Karma, but if you listen closely, you can hear the machinery of future wars. For reasons I've explained elsewhere, I believe the next war will take a fairly long time to happen... But so did the Karma War and WotC. People always say "game over, boring, I quit" after every world war... But they fail to realize the unstable and chaotic nature of CN. Factions will form, enmity will breed, and empires will fall. The game is no more "stuck" than it was after GW3, UJW, and WotC. We are in the typical postwar lull, but it will pass. CN is a political game first and foremost. If all you can enjoy is the war, you will probably find yourself bored for long stretches.

-Bama

I respectfully disagree. I see a future with lots of the smaller alliances fighting brush wars with one another, punctuated by the occasional larger war, but nothing on the scale of this last war for some time.