Transvaal remilitarized

Botha

With the expiry of the Karma War surrender restrictions placed on the military of the Republic of Transvaal, the government announced today its remilitarization programme for the nation.

5 F-22 Raptor fighters were acquired by the Transvaler Lugmag yesterday while the aircraft carrier SAS-25 Kaiser Martens was relaunched from the Cape Town Shipyards this morning.

“Our sovereignty no longer has its hands tied” commented prime Minister Annetjie van Matteus as she re-appointed Flight Commander Leonard Wise and Admrial Rudolf Kruger to their respective commands.

Currently left vacant is the command posting for the Transvaler Raketkorps as that posting was previously held by the former military dictator Petrus Malan prior to his seizing power over Transvaal in the Republican Military Government junta.

Malan is presently residing in Italy as Transvaal’s ambassador to Rome.

2ecf9ea.jpg

SAS-27 Striderwannabe aircraft carrier

2m7w6qd.jpg

SAS-25 Kaiser Martens aircraft carrier

Transvaler Seemag relaunches second aircaft carrier

Admiral Rudolf Kruger carried out commissioning ceremonies this evening for SAS-27 Striderwannabe - Transvaal's second aircraft carrier to re-enter service.

In accordance with naval naming tradition, all Transvaler aircraft carriers are named after personages which reflect Transvaal's Nordreich military heritage.

Edited by Botha

“The rearming of the Seemag will ensure the future balance of peace in the Southern hemisphere and the re-assertion of Transvaal’s military influence in Africa. One of the primary functions of our navy is the eradication if piracy in the Indian Ocean. Transvaal also guarantees the open seas south of the Cape of Good Hope to all peaceful nations.” – Admiral Rudolf Kruger

on a slightly unrelated note:

From the Desk of Foreign Affairs Minister Mickey Bethesda:

Staatspresident Botha and Minister Strijdom,

It was twenty years ago when I was first became aquainted with your nation, sent there by the late Adrik Annan during his tenure as Foreign Affairs Minister. Ever since stepping foot on the African soil, I have felt a strong bond between our nations, regardless of the distance between them. The culture of Johannesburg has always been entertaining and even though I haven't served as our official ambassador since 2003, I always make a habit of visiting during the world famous Transvaal Cup. Although the Anchormen typically put up a poor performance, the football culture of Transvaal and the international community just is so much brighter than that of J Andres.

After a tough five years of being unrecognized, and essentially non existant, J Andres has reformed and been granted it's independence. Once again, embassy circle is beginning to fill up with the faces of foreign diplomats, yet Five Embassy Circle still remains empty. I have reserved the old Transvaal Embassy hoping that once again, we will have a Transvaal Diplomatic team grace our diplomatic quarters. We also wish to send an ambassador back to Transvaal. It seems that our ambassadors to your nation have a tendency to get recalled to Endor Cuidad for domestic service, considering my successor to the post, Richard Mercton, is now our President. Frank Carpio, one of our most experienced ambassadors, eagerly awaits your response so he can inhabit an embassy in your own nation.

As I have previously stated, I have always had a special place for Transvaal in my heart. It has been a long 35 years in the Foreign Affairs Department and someday I would like to retire to a peaceful modest home, far away from J Andres, so I am not tempted to jump back into the world of politics. I am looking into the purchasing a parcel off land, a coastal plot would be ideal, to construct a modest sized house, as a vacation destination for the next few years, until my eventual retirement when I plan to move to Transvaal. I am not seeking extraterritoriality for my African retreat, although if you have any regulations on foreign nationals owning land within your borders, I would appreciate if you sent them my way.

Congratulations on the rearming of your military and best of luck in the near future!

Mickey Bethesda

Foreign Affairs Minister of the Maritime Republic of J Andres

"What the heck is the Karma War?"

A war Transvaal fought in and lost. In-game wars are a reality affecting Transvaal even though they seemingly do not affect other nations.

I have reserved the old Transvaal Embassy hoping that once again, we will have a Transvaal Diplomatic team grace our diplomatic quarters. We also wish to send an ambassador back to Transvaal.

Acknowledged. The Republic of Transvaal will re-open our embassy and assign Colin Sharpe as our ambassador to J Andres.

I am looking into the purchasing a parcel off land, a coastal plot would be ideal, to construct a modest sized house, as a vacation destination for the next few years, until my eventual retirement when I plan to move to Transvaal.

There are no restrictions on foreign private ownership of land in the Republic. If you are looking for coastal land, then probably something along the Atlantic coast between Cape Town and the Namibian border would be a suitable location?

Acknowledged. The Republic of Transvaal will re-open our embassy and assign Colin Sharpe as our ambassador to J Andres.

OOC: this is the first time EVER that i can recall that Botha forgot the blue color tags....

IC: Five Embassy Circle has been re-established and is ready for Ambassador Sharpe and his team to move in. Our Ambassador will be over within a day or two. A small group of assistants have been tasked with watching the Transvaal Real Estate market for available plots of land, and or houses along the Atlantic Coast that fall into Minister Bethesda's price range and match his desirability.

TRANSVALER SEEMAG TO DEPLOY IN INDIAN OCEAN

Admiral Rudolf Kruger Commander of the Transvaler Seemag announced today that operational sorties would now resume in the Indian Ocean to combat piracy on the high seas.

Once the bulwark against piracy in the Indian and Southern Oceans, Transvaal's forced decommissioning of the Seemag after the peace treaty ending the Karma War was signed resulted in the resumption of pirate attacks in the extended waters surrounding the African continent.

Admiral Kruger reported that Transvaal has fully reconstructed and refloated its aircraft carrier and submarine force. Three Clemenceau-class carriers (the Kaiser Martens, Jake Felan, and Striderwannabe) and three Type 209/1400 submarines (the Hendrik Strijdom, Riaan van der Byl, and Annetjie van Matteus) have all re-entered service in the past week.

The next area of focus for ship reconstruction at the Cape Town Shipyards will commence with rebuilding Transvaal's Iroquois-class destroyer fleet.

117xv60.jpg

SAS-22 Hendrik Strijdom anchored off Cape Town

2mobmmc.jpg

SAS-16 Annetjie van Matteus at its home port in Walvisbaai

Edited by Botha