An Announcement from Drakoria

loannes

King James Drake sat upright in his hospital bed, talking quietly with his adviser, Dan.

"You sure about this?" Donegan asked quietly.

"It's a name, it's not like we're disbanding the nation," Drake pointed out.

"True. But why?"

"Dan, compare my last name to our nation's name."

"Drake and Drakoria?"

"Many people have noticed that in Drakoria. I don't want them to think my brother and I named it after ourselves."

"What will the new name be? If we call it Georgia, the Armenians, Azeris, and Russians will be offended."

"We'll name it by it's heritage."

"What?"

"You'll see," Drake said, smiling.

A Liberty Guardsmen opened the door to the ward. "Your Majesty, the crew will be ready in one minute."

"Thank you, Mikhail."

Royal Decree!

"Good morning, Drakoria! This is the first time I've spoken to you since the accident in Grøenlandia, and after this statement, I will be moving to another hospital, for security.

"Now, the reason I speak with you today has to do with the Name of our Kingdom. Undoubtedly, many of you have found the correlation that seems to be between my surname, Drake, and the nation of Drakoria. Entirely unintentional. However, it has gotten me thinking. Our nation should return to our roots. Rename itself to something more historic.

"Georgia was considered, and thrown out. So were Azerbaijan, Russia, and Armenia. It seemed unfair to the people of those states. So, it's time for a little-known history lesson.

"In 1918, the Caucasus Region united into the Transcaucasian Democratic Federative Republic. I have no idea why they made the name so long. Oftentimes, it was called TDFR, Transcaucasia, or the Caucasus. But this name is unfitting of a monarchy.

"Today, by Royal Decree, I hereby rename the Kingdom of Drakoria to the Kingdom of Caucasia. May we thrive today as the Caucasian Nation!"

A flag was placed on the screen.

300px-Flag_of_the_Transcaucasian_Federation.svg.png

"Yes, it looks similar to the German flag. It's not. This is the Transcaucasian flag."

OOC: Before anyone says a thing, the term "Caucasian" here does not mean 'white.' This isn't a racial supremacy move, this is just me realizing "Dude...my RP names revolve around the name 'Drake' too much." I'm using Caucasian to mean anyone who lives in my nation.

Edited by Drakedeath

OOC: ALso, people who do not realise that the term 'Caucasian is in fact used to describe anyone who displays particular physical traits, i.e. shape of face and nose, as well as skin tone, are silly. Caucasian simply means relating to the Caucasus region...

OOC: People who don't realize that 'Caucasus' can also mean the mountain range are silly. :v:
OOC: Indeed... :D

IC: Promised Land recognizes this name change. We assume nothing in the administration is changing, merely the name and flag, correct?

"That is correct."

OOC: ALso, people who do not realise that the term 'Caucasian is in fact used to describe anyone who displays particular physical traits, i.e. shape of face and nose, as well as skin tone, are silly. Caucasian simply means relating to the Caucasus region...

OOC: Yay, three people with common sense. :D

OOC: Originally, yes. It's far more general these days.

IC:

Rakata welcomes the new state and recognizes the new name.

Zargathia recognizes the name change, and wish you the best of luck.

As Amyante folded the letter and placed it in an envelope, she finished the sentence below her breath.

- "...'Cause now you need to reprint every official document there is to fit the new name and logo."