Two announcements from WOLF

So you are saying that we offend people more often than people offend us? :huh:

Well actually pretty much

People make jokes every day most of witch aren't meant to be offensive. The second part of your post is competently unnecessary. Just ignore it.

And good luck with the membership increase and what not that has been overshadowed

That sounds like a personal problem, doesn't it.

Maybe, though it doesn't matter. I have every right to announce my distaste. If you don't like it, then it's a personal problem for you.

And good luck with the membership increase and what not that has been overshadowed

Thanks. It's taking us forever to grow, but I have full confidence that WOLF will grow strong.

Maybe, though it doesn't matter. I have every right to announce my distaste. If you don't like it, then it's a personal problem for you.

So, if I make an announcement saying that I have nothing but contempt for your idiocy and utter incompetence, that would be alright?

Gotcha.

So, if I make an announcement saying that I have nothing but contempt for your idiocy and utter incompetence, that would be alright?

Gotcha.

I can't, and wouldn't, stop you. I believe in a freedom of speech. You make an offensive announcement about me, I retort with an announcement of disgust. It's freedom, get used to it.

Remind me; who are your protectors?

Wolfpack.

All his posts are asking to stop making fun of Rednecks in the future, that is all he didn't say anything else other than give a few examples.

This.

I can't, and wouldn't, stop you. I believe in a freedom of speech. You make an offensive announcement about me, I retort with an announcement of disgust. It's freedom, get used to it.

It would be a waste of your time, and mine. Kind of like what's happening now.

Except, you'd be feeding the troll.

I don't know CommanderJohn so I have no idea if he is himself a redneck. If he is one, does that make it OK? If he isn't it clearly is not OK. So I hope the answer to the question is "no" otherwise you are employing a double standard. However, [ooc] if the answer is "no" then I hope you send angry letters to foxworthy, Larry the Cable guy, etc. I also hope that you send letters to Chris Rock and... well every comedian out there just based off of the principle of the matter of making fun of their own groups.[/ooc]

I understand that the joke thread may have injured your personal (OOC) Dignity, and you have every right to bring your grievance to Prime Minister John, but please don't don't announce personal positions inside an alliance announcement. The best course of action here would be a private message or at most a post of dislike in the thread in question.

Maybe annoying pests like you should think before they open their mouths. You sound like nobody's said something and it didn't have any type of affect on you. <_<

Yeah maybe he didnt PMS and cry about it though. It was a damn joke and one of the funnier threads I've seen on here. You gotta ease off this morality police garbage.

I understand that the joke thread may have injured your personal (OOC) Dignity, and you have every right to bring your grievance to Prime Minister John, but please don't don't announce personal positions inside an alliance announcement. The best course of action here would be a private message or at most a post of dislike in the thread in question.

"The best course of action" is a personal opinion. I will take the suggestion into consideration, but I will post my personal opinions about a thread I find offensive if I want. That's just how 'freedom' works.

Yeah maybe he didnt PMS and cry about it though. It was a damn joke and one of the funnier threads I've seen on here. You gotta ease off this morality police garbage.

I wasn't aware of any PMSing or crying going on in this thread.

"The best course of action" is a personal opinion. I will take the suggestion into consideration, but I will post my personal opinions about a thread I find offensive if I want. That's just how 'freedom' works.

No one said you didn't have the right to do it, it was just dumb that you did. [OOC]Keep your OOC persona out of IC politics.[/OOC]

Garbage? I say what I think is right, that is all. I could care less what you say or think, that is why you and I have our little debate offs :P

QUOTE (Mathias @ Aug 26 2009, 10:36 PM) *

No one said you didn't have the right to do it, it was just dumb that you did. [OOC]Keep your OOC persona out of IC politics.[/OOC]

It is different because it was [OOC] posed in the OWF in Alliance Announcements.[/OOC] So he should be able to post it here without anyone saying it shouldn't have been posted here.

Announcement of Disgust

Commander John recently made a joke announcement which seriously offended me. Just because I am the emperor of an alliance doesn't mean I am a suit. I enjoy spending my time governing my people, but ultimately the time I enjoy most is going out to the Mondex mudding and doing other things some might consider "redneckish".

It is with this that I announce my position on the matter: Joke announcements, especially ones making fun of my heritage and making fun of how I live, disgust me. I hereby request that Commander John, and the rest of Bob, never make an announcement in such a manner again.

Interesting tidbit: Planet Bob does not revolve around you.