The Stock Market opens!

HHAYD

92224702.th.jpg

The stock market has been under construction for the past 4 months. Originally it was planned to be 9 months, but it was recently discovered that several large corporations wanted The Stock Market to be open as soon as possible, so they bribed the Department of Economic to speed up the project while avoiding making any engineering errors. The Department of Justice is currently deciding whether if the corporations should be charged with corruption or not.

During the 4 months of construction, there were public debates over how it should be named. Some suggested Great Lakes State Stock Market, others suggested Federal Stock Market, or etc. However, a name was finally picked, The Stock Market.

Sadly, President Jake was unable to attend the opening of the stock market since he was in the hospital after being stabbed in the hand by an assassin dressed in a Santa Claus suit (which didn't blend in very well with the crowd).

--------------

OOC: I bought my Stock Market Wonder today! Whoever can guess where did I get that picture from gets a free cookie! :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: Simcity 4, god I wish I had that now...

OOC: Correct, you get a free cookie!

-------------------

IC: A few hours after The Stock Market opened...

GLS National News:

About 5 hours after The Stock Market opened, the computer system crashed from being overloaded by so many stock trades being processed. About 50 companies had already entered their stocks and nearly 1000 stock trades were processed, most over the internet. More companies are expected to enter their stocks.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: But why didn't you use the stock market? That's the Bureau of Bureaucracy.

IC: We congratulate our friends on this occasion. Your country truly is resilient.

OOC: The stock market reward was too small for my choice, and it was located right next to a massive skyscraper. <_<

Edited by HHAYD

Investors from the Dublin Exchange are expressing interest in overseas trading. Is this possible?

Yes it is, but not for a day or two since the stock market's computer system is down from the overload and currently under an emergency upgrade.

OOC: The stock market reward was too small for my choice, and it was located right next to a massive skyscraper. <_<

OOC: The Census Repository (or whatever it's called, I haven't played SC4 in a looooong time) ruins the picture. :P