One Girl in this Horrid World

Sarah Tintagyl

Episode II...continued from Origins.

It wasn't long before they landed at an isolated hospital in the Indian Deserts on the borders of Marscurian Pakistan. The Riot police were there to control what little population did freak out at the behemoth that had landed in their back yard. Maelstrom laid down both Sarah and his visitor onto stretches. They were taken inside where the visitor was treated for exhaustion.. and Sarah was tended to on a more detailed level. He.. on the other hand.. sat outside the building, claw holding jaw.. elbow on knee.. wondering what exactly to do next other than wait for his friends to get well. The news media was kept away.. and the area was put under a government cordon.

Somewhere in the Dragon Empire

The rain came down in sheets, battering against the clear windows of the hospital bedroom. Gray clouds blocked out a dim sun, nearly giving off the impression of nighttime on the streets of the town below. Even if it was only three o'clock in the afternoon. Inside the room, as the thunder gently rolled outside, Sarah slept silently. Her eyelids lightly closed, as if she was slipping in and out of her dreams. The blood from her escape with Generalissimo had dried to her skin, she was cut up on her face, her hands, and her legs, as she laid on top of the white sheets in the hospital bed, dressed in the traditional hospital gown. Her blonde hair, folded down behind her neck and down her back and her mouth softly opened to let in just a light stream of air. In and out, rhythmically, almost to the intervals of thunder that crossed the sky.

At the sound of another blast of thunder, the girl's eyes fluttered open and twirled around the room, trying to familiarize herself with her new surroundings. Sarah sat up in the bed had held her head, a massive migraine beginning to set in. The last thing she remembered was that she was in Jerusalem, pulling the Generalissimo of Proctincia from the caving in caverns under the city, as N-17 had caused a massive earthquake. They had escaped, but at what price? All she knew was that darkness overcame her almost as soon as the sunlight hit her eyes. Sarah looked down at her hands and arms. Cuts and bruises ran up and down, dried scabs and even a few droplets of crusted blood had been caked on her arms and when she felt her face, the same texture greeted her hands. "Damn." She lifted herself off the bed and walked towards the windows, looking down at the town below her. She had no clue where she was or what was going on or even who had taken her here, everything was a blur.

Walking back to the bed, Sarah sat down with her head in her hands and slowly, the tears that she had been holding back for so long began to leak out of her eyes. She had failed in her calling and in her duty and she was still confused at what was really going on in the world. The Imperator had said she was the Champion of Light, but she didn't even know what the "Light" was. Apparently Generalissimo had been at the forefront of turning her into this "being" of what she had become presently, there was a mad-woman on the search for green crystalline objects, and at the center of it all was that a robot from the future had asked her to save his brother who was unstoppable in battle. "Battle." She almost wanted to laugh. "Yeah Sarah, you're a fighter all right." Looking down at her right hand, she closed her eyes as the onyx shard crept out of her skin. So it really wasn't a dream...none of it was.

With so many things still going on through her head, Sarah knew one thing, she wouldn't be able to really understand anything going on around her until she sorted out the various callings, quests, and everything else that had been thrown upon her at the present and there was a lot to understand. Why had Generalissimo chosen her to inherit these powers? What was the "Light" that the Imperator had been speaking about? And how was she supposed to free N-17 from the mind warp that he was presently in. But these would have to be done one step at a time, she had to rush, but she always had to fully grasp what was happening to her.

Standing up, Sarah walked over to a closet in the corner of the hospital room. Her costume was gone, but one set of clothes were thankfully hanging up. A pair of jeans, top, and old sneakers. Not the most expensive outfit, but she just needed something to leave the hospital in. After getting changed, Sarah walked towards the door and stopped. Nothing made sense anymore. Opening the door she walked down the empty hallways of the hospital towards the entrance, but as she exited out into the rain she stopped in horror. At once again coming face to face with the great behemoth of a dragon in front of her.

"My god..."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No.. not even close." He would respond quietly via the giant speakers set into the sides of his neck to convey audio. "Good evening Lady Protector.." The rain beat down on him running through the crevices on his scales like small rivers. He didn't seem the slightest perturbed. The guards had hunkered down in their booths. No one in this rural area was going to come out in this mess.

"You are already aware of the robot menace, but I regret I must inform you of further bad news." It seemed to sigh.. "There is a group of people who went to the moon. There, we believe they have created an AI/Bio-organic interface not much unlike what we now are. The problem is that.. they have threatened the whole of earth with the dominion of their empire. They will return eventually.. and we will have yet another threat to deal with. I've been tracking the robot on the seismometers." He presented her a track path of the robot.

"No doubt your head is in a blur with all that has happened. I have told you about everything you need to know. I do know one thing. If we do not defend this Earth, we and all of humanity shall be in grave danger. This is pretty much all I had to tell you. Oh, that and I found this key.. and it's done something.. strange to my head. I'm not sure what yet. I just know part of my own mind is walled off from me. I guess it will have to reveal itself in time.. whatever it is.. but for now.. wars and rumors of wars abound as well as the arrival of the Anti-Christ who destroyed the temple mount and proclaimed itself indestructible as unto a god. I think we're approaching a very critical time in the progression of Humanity. Seek your path.. do not stray from it. Many are counting on you."

Sarah stepped back and held her head and what the dragon was telling her. More things to pile on to her already fragile mind. Now talks about the Anti-Christ and biblical !@#$. She didn't even know why she had the powers let alone having to deal with things of a realistic and spiritual nature. In addition to that, two goons on the moon, it was enough to make her sick. Sarah sighed and shook her head. "I am assuming that you're the one that brought me here, to treat my wounds. I thank you for that, but right now, I just want to find out who I am." She chuckled at the phrase. It was something that philosophers would ask themselves around a warm fire, in a room of books and globes. Pinpointing the meaning of life. Sarah had known who she was, what her calling was, why she was one this Earth. Then the chemical plant happened and everything had changed. Her body had changed, her mind, her entire life. She needed to know why, she needed to know why this had happened to her.

"I know a lot of people are counting on me. They always have and I promise I won't let them down. But if I'm going to help in anyway, I have to figure out what I am." Sarah drifted into the air, coming face to face with the dragon. "Things happen for a reason. I've been called the Champion of Light by one, and tasked with saving a life by another." She smiled and touched his scales. "But I promise, I will never abandon this world and if you ever need me, I will be there. Like I always am. Thank you. But I need to see someone who gave me my first calling."

With that, Sarah flew up into the air and blasted off towards the west. To destruction, to Giza, to Qin, and to understanding.

Just as she left... the Dragon put a Bible at her feet. "Never hurts to read someone's opinions on the matter."

Sarah took the book in her hands before blasting to the sky. "The Light." She chuckled, but perhaps it was as deep as those forces working above them all.

The Chairman.. sat.. and waited.. although it's a very unique kind of waiting when your mind is basically fulfilling most of the roles of your government while you sat there staring off into the distant thunder. He waited for his other friend to come out, hopefully in better shape than he last saw him.

Carl woke to the sound of rain pounding against glass. The first thing he noticed, aside from the fact that he was in a hospital room, was the fact that he needed to find some food. He'd used up far more energy than was safe in containing the blast.

Standing up, he also noted he was alone in the room. no matter. Other than God, he'd been alone for years, and he calmly strode out the door, not showing the least bit of the weakness he felt as he sought out a source of nourishment.

He encountered the exit beyond which lay Maelstrom first.

Maelstrom looked down. "You know.. you should probably check out before just walkin out. They'll wonder where you went. You also look a bit skinny. Maybe go to the cafeteria, get some food down?" He let out a long yawn. He too was resting, but at least his damage had long since repaired.

Maelstrom looked down. "You know.. you should probably check out before just walkin out. They'll wonder where you went. You also look a bit skinny. Maybe go to the cafeteria, get some food down?" He let out a long yawn. He too was resting, but at least his damage had long since repaired.

"I would, if I knew where it was. I would appreciate directions."

"I would, if I knew where it was. I would appreciate directions."

The Dragon Chuckled. He barked at the building, "NURSE!"..

A nurse scurried outside. "Yessir?" She asked

"See my friend here to the Cafeteria.. let him eat all he wants. Put it on the proper account." He chuckled

"Very well. Come with me lad." The older lady would guide the Elementalist back into the building towards the Buffets in the Cafeteria.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The Dragon Chuckled. He barked at the building, "NURSE!"..

A nurse scurried outside. "Yessir?" She asked

"See my friend here to the Cafeteria.. let him eat all he wants. Put it on the proper account." He chuckled

"Very well. Come with me lad." The older lady would guide the Elementalist back into the building towards the Buffets in the Cafeteria.

He felt like this was a moment to allow a small, thankful smile, but he had long ago forgotten how to show anything of the sort. instead he simply thanked the Dragon in words, then followed the nurse to the cafeteria.

Even knowing how hungry he was, the staff and possibly even Maelstrom himself would be amazed at how much this one person could eat.

When he was finally finished almost an hour later, he offered his thanks to the cooks, and once again found his feet leading toward Maelstrom.

"I meant to ask you before, but events went at a blinding pace. Whom do you serve?"

The answer was almost immediate. "God Almighty. The state of the Dragon Empire. Friends.. Then family.. then ourselves last of all. Yourself?"

Good. right answer.

"I told you I was a crusader. I also serve the Creator, the Living God."

Uncomfortable with long speeches, he nevertheless made the effort to show his feelings through words, trying to make up for the even tone caused by his inability to express emotion. "In any case, I must bid you farewell. I have a task elsewhere that was interrupted by the recent events."

Before the Dragon could reply, he was speeding off, returning to the Land Down Under to resume his God-Given work.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The speeding man had demonstrated considerable powers during the fight against the robotic menace. Kevin thought to himself about the possibilities of such a man being hostile and elected to confront him about his powers. He stepped through a Dark Corridor and appeared in front of the man.

"Stop."

Edited by Shadowsage

Kevin smiled. The man was apparently more well informed then most when it came to the cosmic forces present on Earth. Obviously, whatever he knew was worth finding out. No matter the cost. Whisps of Darkness began rising off of his body like smoke that precedes a fire. Once more the Obsidian Blade flickered into life in his hand and whispered as it cut through the air.

"I am out of patience. Something about you suggests you know things. Things I need to find out."

The flames took Kevin back for a moment. If this being could manifest his powers this well, there was more to learn then he thought possible. Of course, the questions he needed answered were numerous and arcane. But the elemental standing in front of him represented a chance to solve at least a few.

"What do you know about the Darkness?" A hint of aggression crept into Kevin's tone, its' root in the Doppelgangers' eagerness to fight and consume the Elemental's essence. Slowly the other side of Kevin's mind began to take control.

Shadows began gathering around the duo, forming a puddle of darkness all over the floor. The moving Darkness surrounded them in an arcing dome of impenetrable blackness, sealing off all chance of escape and blocking out any ambient light. The only illumination came from the flickering ball of flames.

Edited by Shadowsage

So, this being thought to entrap him, did he? He had more than one surprise in store should it come to fighting, or escaping.

"I know that the darkness would seek to consume the light, if it knew but how. No sane person would willingly serve the Darkness."

He manifested a flame in the other hand as well, and prepared to Reach into the earth--but only prepared. He was not at all sure about the outcome of any battle here, and he would rather flee if it came to that.

Sarah arrived at Giza much as she had the previous time, as a star falling from the sky. The sun had since set on the desert plain, which now wore the scars of N-17's massacre. Rebel Army personnel had not even been around yet to clean the pyramids and it was believed that they never would be. Such structures, truly ancient should be left in ruin and in all honesty, it did give the plain a foreboding look, as if it had always looked this way. Great limestone blocks thrown upon the sand, pieces of hieroglyphic wall half buried in the endless dark waves that stretched out as far as the eye could see. It was a clear night, no clouds above her, and the sky was littered with stars of all different magnitudes, and the desert wind blew gently through her hair. Indeed, it was eerily quiet considering what had just transpired a day or two ago.

She landed near the Pyramid of Cheops and stared down into the gaping pit. Already it was filled in slightly with sand. Mainly from the settling of the giant sandstorm that N-17 had caused, plus the sand still drifting down from the ruined pyramid. Sarah sighed, just barely being able to see an entrance way as she walked towards the pit and gently rode the sand slide down deeper into the pyramid. There the dark once again encased her as she held the bible that the dragon had given her tight against her body. The green glow of missed tiberium still shone, but ever so dimly as Sarah searched for the passageway to lead her to where Katrina had wounded her and where she had fallen further down.

The tunnels seemed familiar, yes, very familiar. She followed the crystals down towards a dead end and stopped at the wall. The tunnel had narrowed significantly, to the point where she was barely able to turn left or right and it was much darker with the absence of the crystals to guide her path. But looking at the wall much more closely, she could see the same designs that had illuminated Qin's chamber. Sarah thought for a moment and then went down to feel the floor. Knocking slightly, the sand blocking her hand led to a thin stone floor. It almost sounded hollow. Pulling back her hand, Sarah punched hard against the stone and her hand went directly through. Just as she had thought, there was a room below her. Kicking out the rest of the stone, Sarah jumped down into the hole and after falling for a few second had entered into a chamber much different than the Egyptian architecture that had surrounded her. She looked up at the great mechanical mammoth in front of her as well and smiled as she sat down on the machine gun turret.

"Qin."

"Consume the light? One can not exist without the other!" He began to grow agitated at that, and his Dark-Side once more started to speak with him. "Sanity has absolutely NOTHING to do with DESTINY! Understand me, Elemental, I have no need to dilute my own power with Light. I seek answers to sate my own appetite, nothing more."

The Darkness thickened all around, beginning to permeate the very air and infuse into the ground. Already the Darkness was transmuting the bare Earthen soil into a corrupted variant immune to manipulation by magical means. The air was heavy with energy, and though he could not corrupt that with his power, he could at least ensure the Elemental couldn't use it.

"Two?!" Kevin roared out in anger. The darkness swirled swiftly into his left hand and a massive ball of writhing Shadows formed. "Answer me!"

"Consume the light? One can not exist without the other!" He began to grow agitated at that, and his Dark-Side once more started to speak with him. "Sanity has absolutely NOTHING to do with DESTINY! Understand me, Elemental, I have no need to dilute my own power with Light. I seek answers to sate my own appetite, nothing more."

The Darkness thickened all around, beginning to permeate the very air and infuse into the ground. Already the Darkness was transmuting the bare Earthen soil into a corrupted variant immune to manipulation by magical means. The air was heavy with energy, and though he could not corrupt that with his power, he could at least ensure the Elemental couldn't use it.

"Two?!" Kevin roared out in anger. The darkness swirled swiftly into his left hand and a massive ball of writhing Shadows formed. "Answer me!"

"Perhaps they can, perhaps they can't. Darkness cares not for balance, only destroying light wherever it goes. You are probably already hearing it whisper to you of destroying the light, aren't you? Is that a thing that truly wishes for balance?"

As he spoke, he brought the two balls of fire together, but they did not simply double in size, but grew to encompass his whole body, stubbornly resisting the darkness that was trying to snuff it out.

And the Darkness had made a critical error. Though he claimed to serve the light, and believed his own claim, the elemental drew his power from a nuetral source, a source that could be used for either light or dark purposes.

The Reach down came in reality, and a massive trembling began beneath them, not unlike the trembling that had happened at Jerusalem. it was intended as a distraction for the next move.

All at once, the fire burned white-hot, and a focused beam of it impacted the dark shield behind the Elementalist, burning a hole in it through shear brightness, and hopefully blinding the Avatar of Darkness.

But a blinded enemy or not, the Elementalist used the opportunity to escape the trap that had been set for him, calling out even as he continued speeding out to a safe distance. "I don't know what answers you seek, but you won't get them from me. I know only what pertains to my own calling!"